satanaepuer

Hit detection is a joke

So am I only the only one looting up for hours cause I'm not server hopping scum (which btw people still do during combat, but I'll be the one getting database locked when the server boots me), going to towns the getting literally 1 shot in the legs and arms? Like how bad does a game have to be to confuse your head damage multiplier, with your god damn elbow or kneecap? Funniest part? My friend kills the guy, loots my body (he heard only 1 shot too btw so not a client side glitch where he actually full auto'd me) and every single piece of gear is ruined on me, besides the helmet... Shirt, vest, pants, backpack all ruined, 1 bullet to the elbow cause we were both using 3rd looking at eachother both walk and shoot same time, he wins with an elbow shot. Greatest programming ive ever seen in my life, good job.

Edited by satanaepuer

Are you playing on 0.62 or 0.63?

Hit boxes was a known problem and a mechanic from days past which games like COD still suffer from.  It has been revamped so elbow shots and etc will only make you die from blood loss or pass out.

6 minutes ago, gorvi said:

Are you playing on 0.62 or 0.63?

Hit boxes was a known problem and a mechanic from days past which games like COD still suffer from.  It has been revamped so elbow shots and etc will only make you die from blood loss or pass out.

0.63 on xbox, he had a silenced m4, 1 bullet to my elbow my friend confirmed by sound

Thats odd.  Maybe the xbox version doesn't have the new damage system in yet?

Could you use xbox game dvr and reproduce the issue.  When playing on PC I need to hit center mass with a high caliber bullet on a character for any real stopping power or one hit kills.

19 minutes ago, gorvi said:

Thats odd.  Maybe the xbox version doesn't have the new damage system in yet?

Could you use xbox game dvr and reproduce the issue.  When playing on PC I need to hit center mass with a high caliber bullet on a character for any real stopping power or one hit kills.

Yea for now the hit detection is all bad, 1 hits are rampant with almost any gun, especially mosins, which are high caliber but my friend too a shoulder hit and insta died

1 hour ago, satanaepuer said:

Yea for now the hit detection is all bad, 1 hits are rampant with almost any gun, especially mosins, which are high caliber but my friend too a shoulder hit and insta died

There is also bullet penetration, so depending on trajectory while the hit was visually shown on the elbow, that could have been the exit wound meaning the bullet did all sorts of damage on the way through, explaining the oneshot. (Maybe a magic bullet too, like the one that had to go back and forth in JFK to make Oswald the only shooter...)

The damage system is taking vital organs into consideration, that's why someone can still be standing (but bleeding a lot...) after being shot six times while the next guy drops dead after one bullet. The first only got hit in soft tissue while the next got hit in the heart.

There might of course be some unknown bugs created in the porting process to Xbox, but on PC the system seems to be working really well.

• Beans 1

Yep I've had a fresh spawn ask to be killed by me a few times now so they could get another spawn point. Had to hit them between twice to four times in the head to kill them with an AKM at point blank range in full ADS with a fully functioning gun. I never reload holding LT and check my mags will change everytime I load in. Hit reg seems very different from server to server & not being able to see your ping or any kind of connection data doesn't help. There should be a server strength icon in server listing and detailed ping and latency information in server listing as ingame too. Surely in this testing phase devs would find that information useful? Anybody know what tick rate these servers operate at?

Yeah, it does seem to need work.  I was in a fight with 2 guys.  Both who I was trying to help (can't tell if they could hear my mic or not).  Anyway..  One was attacking me with a hatchet and I was armed with a splitting axe.  I took a number of swings and I shot two shots into one guy.  I'm guessing the shots just didn't work.  I'm still at a loss though how multiple hits with a splitting axe and I die first.  I imagine one or both of the others maybe die shortly after.  Just seemed unbalanced especially given my gear - I had a knife vest or whatever it is called, a helmet..etc.  

At any rate, it was the most excitement I've had in a while.. just wish more would be up for positive interactions vs just attacking.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

21 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

Yeah, it does seem to need work. 

Totally.

This is the best response. Alpha...

21 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

Anyway..  One was attacking me with a hatchet and I was armed with a splitting axe.

Hatchet master race.

Single handed melee, in these builds; far superior to 2 handed melee.

You can swing the hatchet many more times for much more DPS than a splitting axe.

23 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

I imagine one or both of the others maybe die shortly after. 

Quite possibly, yes.

25 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

Just seemed unbalanced especially given my gear - I had a knife vest or whatever it is called, a helmet..etc.  

Armor values were only recently re-enabled, and are certainly WIP.

The data gleaned from your bludgeoning will be quite helpful in this regard.

27 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

At any rate, it was the most excitement I've had in a while.. just wish more would be up for positive interactions vs just attacking.

I basically consider neutral interactions to be positive in the context of DayZ. Situations where contact was made but both parties survive.

Keep talking first and you'll up your chances of more interesting interactions; but always keep a safe distance at first, and be wary of people planning ambush through 3rd party chats.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

Yeah, it does seem to need work.  I was in a fight with 2 guys.  Both who I was trying to help (can't tell if they could hear my mic or not).  Anyway..  One was attacking me with a hatchet and I was armed with a splitting axe.  I took a number of swings and I shot two shots into one guy.  I'm guessing the shots just didn't work.  I'm still at a loss though how multiple hits with a splitting axe and I die first.  I imagine one or both of the others maybe die shortly after.  Just seemed unbalanced especially given my gear - I had a knife vest or whatever it is called, a helmet..etc.  

I got bored of creeping around elektro sniping so went up to Gorka and started helping people passing through. There's a hospital and a police station so I usually grab a first aid kit and stuff it with bandages, sewing kit, sardines, and some 9mm rounds and usually find a mp5 in the police station to give them. People are less likely to kos if you get off the coast especially when they see you holding a first aid kit with a blue armband on. Some still shoot or run away because bandits use the armband to trick people but I have almost more gear than I can carry and I don't need anyone else's so I only shoot when shot at or if I see someone kill a fresh spawn for no reason

• Like 2

I must be lucky... I've only ever been killed twice with one shot and one of those times was from a M4 within eight feet and the player who killed me shot me in the face. The other time I was jogging across a farm field and received a sudden death screen with no gunshot heard. Both times I was a mostly fresh spawn and had no weapons, headgear or any clothing other than what I spawned in with. All other deaths from firearms have taken 2 to 6 hits and in every one of those cases I was pretty well geared with at least an assault or flak vest on. As far as taking down other players, it's been the same 2 to 6 hits depending on the caliber used and what the player was wearing.

4 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I must be lucky... I've only ever been killed twice with one shot and one of those times was from a M4 within eight feet and the player who killed me shot me in the face. The other time I was jogging across a farm field and received a sudden death screen with no gunshot heard. Both times I was a mostly fresh spawn and had no weapons, headgear or any clothing other than what I spawned in with. All other deaths from firearms have taken 2 to 6 hits and in every one of those cases I was pretty well geared with at least an assault or flak vest on. As far as taking down other players, it's been the same 2 to 6 hits depending on the caliber used and what the player was wearing.

Yea ive had literally the opposite experience lol, ive melee'd a guy as a complete fresh spawn 8+ times while he unloads 2 to 3 mags of an m4 at me, each mag hitting me a few times, but i just bled.. 4 to 5 times, some with assault vests, some even with balistic vests, i get instant death screens, twice of which being through walls. I picked buildings where theres no angle into my windows from other buildings, doors closed to my room, no sound then get a "you are dead" screen. Game needs some serious work on its most basic mechanics.

• Sad 1