olmo

Rubberband jogging

Question

When its raining outside and i started to get overweighted because of water soaking in my clothes my character still preformed the sprinting animation while only walking at normal speed

This made it look very weird like i was lagging / rubberbanding back the entire time 

6 answers to this question

Yeah, there sometimes seems to be a hiccup with the game registering animations when becoming over encumbered.

Sometimes, if you prone it will fix the running while jogging animation.

On 10/5/2018 at 1:59 AM, DottierMage30 said:

Lay down and stand up again. 

-DottierMage30 

Its not an issue like that its more that im not able to sprint because of overweight but game still try to play sprint animation without the speed of sprinting

Its easy to reproduce im. Getting this all the time load youre self up to almost max weight(while still being able to sprint) 

Then go near a stream of water try to sprint while dry it will work fine 

Now go in to the water get yourself wet and try again you will be able to sprint(at least animation) but you will run with normal speed wich causes you to sprint laggy at normal walking speed

Running in heavy rain is laughable too I wanted to see how bad it would get if you got soaked and tried to run and wow. It freezes for several seconds if you try to sprint then it will be like 2 frames per second until you finally stop trying to sprint and it clears back up. Thought maybe it was the server so I tried again on a diff server when it was pouring and same effect. Anyone else?

I seem to get this problem after going through buildings and a door opens inward through my character or if I got stuck between a wall and door. I then just rubber-band when walking and cant sprint at all. I can only crouch walk which sees to be normal speed. Eventually fixes itself but sometimes the duration is long.