Kynero1

More Feedback when Getting Shot or Absorbing Melee Hits?

I do not want to ruin the hard core immersion however I am curious: is there a plan to add more feedback into the game to register when you are taking hits from gun fire or melee attacks?

Many times you can hear maybe a shot then you just die with very little feedback that you are actually getting hit even though there are many shots.  Also, if you are in inventory and Zombies are hitting you it is not easy to be aware of the hits until getting out of inventory screen.  In a real life situation taking melee hits you would know it!

Would it ruin the immersion or would it benefit play to possibly add either more sound, controller vibration or some type of indicator when taking fire or melee?

• Like 1

It's one to the head. You heard some shots that missed, not the one that connected with your brain lol

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, LyrikalD said:

I agree, vibration at least 

4 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

It's one to the head. You heard some shots that missed, not the one that connected with your brain lol

Sure why not vibration in melee or zomb attacks, if BI can add that, technically.  Go for it.
But no death drama.. in DayZ dead means black-screen-end-of-story. You can be suddenly DEAD and Never Know Why - kind of realistic, right ?

• Like 2

Don't quote me ;) but I'm pretty sure a dev has responded to a similar post saying that extra damage taken feedback will be added down the road but as I recall no extra detail was given. My assumption is that it'd be purely visual , like blood spray on screen as damage is taken, but I agree a vibrate function would be nice too, thankfully BI would never consider directional hit indicators as that'd be very game breaking. Maybe I dreampt this dev response , I could go find and link it but that's involve work lol 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

Your screen will flash red if you're standing still and get shot or if the shooter shoots in front of you and it looks like it should connect on your game. Basically it won't show up if your moving because of latency and it clearly being a client side effect. I'm guessing BI tested the effect on a lan server

Agree. This is a game and it can in no shape or form replicate how it feels to get shot in a leg or hit in the neck with a hunters knife. 

In a video game you need audio or visual effects to tell you what is going or where a sound came from or if your hurt or cold etc.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:37 PM, TheYetiBum said:

Don't quote me ;)

I'm a keyboard player but I I like about a vibrator

I wouldn't like to see any form of indicator telling you where a shot came from. The audio should be enough to pin point direction. The other day I was in berezino and didn't even realise I'd been shot. I was stood over a dead zombie checking for loot. It wasn't till I walked away I realised I was limping. Must have been hit by a sniper with a silencer. In those situations your character should at least yelp but he didn't. At first I thought I was just starving but then noticed I was bleeding from the HUD. I never seem to see blood pouring from my character and it is sometimes hard to know if it's worth bandaging because half the time I've stopped bleeding by the time I've found my bandages! 

23 hours ago, bent.toe said:

This is a game and it can in no shape or form replicate how it feels to get shot in a leg or hit in the neck with a hunters knife.

wouldn't it be cool if the controller sent an electric signal to ur nerve system and reproduced the pain at the right spot. maybe in some years they'll start to take the realism to a whole new level

12 hours ago, nikoor said:

wouldn't it be cool if the controller sent an electric signal to ur nerve system and reproduced the pain at the right spot. maybe in some years they'll start to take the realism to a whole new level

There are already wests you can wear that gives out harmless shocks

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

There are already wests you can wear that gives out harmless shocks

shiet isn't that inconvenient. would be nice to try tho. imagine 100 years from now... 

11 hours ago, nikoor said:

imagine 100 years from now... 

Perma death lol!

On 8/10/2018 at 11:34 PM, nikoor said:

imagine 100 years from now... 

Immersion is dangerous...

Im seriously afraid that Trump will start playing Fallout 76, finds some nuclear codes in the game but presses the wrong fucking buttom.