Andyyypandyyy

Giving life to Teddy bears

So as I was playing today my sister asked what teddy bears do, I tell her they hold 1 item and that's it, so she's came up with the idea of naming each teddybear I find giving it a full backstory and adding something random to each one just to give the people I meet something "special" to hold onto in their adventures, sure I won't know what happens if they just drop it or actually become attached but NGL actually sounds like a decent idea! Any ideas as to what I should put into the teddy bears? Different items for each to give them a unique little life

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, xhardcorefishx said:

Sounds cool tbh. Sadly the pen&paper seems to not be in the game, otherwise u could hide a message.

Paper is no writing tools are though. Would be cool. "This is snuggles he has made it to the end of the world treat him well and he will keep you safe at night"

Edited by Chris Burton
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

That's what I was thinking but like you said sadly it isn't in the game otherwise I could stash loot and give them directions to said stash, I was thinking opened tac bacon, scope maybe, ammo, mags, water bottles for freshies or maybe a storage case if it'll fit for extra stashing of goodies for them, met quite a few people on dayz that I wish I could of left a lasting gift with

35 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

So as I was playing today my sister asked what teddy bears do, I tell her they hold 1 item and that's it, so she's came up with the idea of naming each teddybear I find giving it a full backstory and adding something random to each one just to give the people I meet something "special" to hold onto in their adventures, sure I won't know what happens if they just drop it or actually become attached but NGL actually sounds like a decent idea! Any ideas as to what I should put into the teddy bears? Different items for each to give them a unique little life

They can hold 2 stacks of rags? Pretty sure you can put 2 items in as lobg as they dont exceed 4 weight

I was thinking rags but spawning with 4 I felt they may be abit less impactful towards them sort of thing? Unlike giving freshie a Teddy bear with food/water and then they'd have the chance to leave coast earlier than they initially expected, I must find a way to bug a container Into one... I've had 300/110 slots in an Alice so surely... Haha

1 minute ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

That's what I was thinking but like you said sadly it isn't in the game otherwise I could stash loot and give them directions to said stash, I was thinking opened tac bacon, scope maybe, ammo, mags, water bottles for freshies or maybe a storage case if it'll fit for extra stashing of goodies for them, met quite a few people on dayz that I wish I could of left a lasting gift with

The yellow box has enough space for a pistol some food and water. If you really wanna be a badass you go to heli crashes and get an ammo box that can hold any gun and then some. 36 weight can put an m4 a few clips food water and ammo. Would make a freshie happy for sure

Just now, Chris Burton said:

The yellow box has enough space for a pistol some food and water. If you really wanna be a badass you go to heli crashes and get an ammo box that can hold any gun and then some. 36 weight can put an m4 a few clips food water and ammo. Would make a freshie happy for surear

Do ammo boxes actually exist on the Xbox version? If so I may need to make that a mission, a teddybear for companionship and a box choc full of boombooms xD

3 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

Do ammo boxes actually exist on the Xbox version? If so I may need to make that a mission, a teddybear for companionship and a box choc full of boombooms xD

Yes i found one in berezino at the harbour

Just now, xhardcorefishx said:

Yes i found one in berezino at the harbour

Holeeeeeee sheet, that's gotta be my next goal as I have one teddybear right now, finding a box and fully modding an M4 with 2 mags for a freshie, tho ground rule would be "don't touch till I'm gone in the treeline" to prevent being shot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

Holeeeeeee sheet, that's gotta be my next goal as I have one teddybear right now, finding a box and fully modding an M4 with 2 mags for a freshie, tho ground rule would be "don't touch till I'm gone in the treeline" to prevent being shot

What kind of person would take a gift that great and shoot you in the back? That person should be KOS by everyone lol

Oh I've has it happen haha, brought a "Buddy" his gear after he got deaded then he killed me and said "that's for not killing them before I died" like tf I just brought you ALL your gear including holding your backpack tf, safe to say I bumped into him near gorka, so I ko"d him stripped him and shot all his shit up, sucks to be him haha

18 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

Oh I've has it happen haha, brought a "Buddy" his gear after he got deaded then he killed me and said "that's for not killing them before I died" like tf I just brought you ALL your gear including holding your backpack tf, safe to say I bumped into him near gorka, so I ko"d him stripped him and shot all his shit up, sucks to be him haha

Thats when you take their weapon ans slice them up into filets and leave them there as a warning. Anyone who just KoS gets chopped up im not about to have them grab their crap and greif new spawns again

• Like 1

I ruined everything and reload bugged his weapon as well as removing the ammo then dropping it in a tree to where it couldn't be picked, I had a dude today ambush me and my two guys at gorka PD, mowed them down filleted them in the road and as they ran up to us we ate their fillets muwahaha, I'm not a cannibal but the shock and awe of dudes eating your previous corpse tends to promote a reaction for us to rekill them

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

Any ideas as to what I should put into the teddy bears?

Human steak?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

If and when they bring pens in, this would be a cool idea. Treasure hunts would be great, especially when the server reset times are increased. Might take a while to follow the clues! 

• Like 1

You can always leave a bear in a bed of a house close to spawns or find as many as you can and place them in a ring or formation, full of beans and fruit. Might weird a few people out. 

• Like 3

On 10/1/2018 at 12:31 PM, Andyyypandyyy said:

That's a fun idea! Maybe worms? Might be spooky, but also something to chew on if they're hungry and not to mention very easy to come across with a shovel!

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2018 at 4:56 AM, Eeyeoretherealone said:

You can always leave a bear in a bed of a house close to spawns or find as many as you can and place them in a ring or formation, full of beans and fruit. Might weird a few people out. 

That would be great. Sort of a page out of Bethesda. Too bad we can’t put an army helmet on them with a big stogie in their mouth. 

I’d totally love to make the black sacrament ritual scene using teddy bears.

• Haha 2

I’m pretty sure they will de-spawn but I left one on top of the clock tower in cherno with a single round of the most common ammo types for those that have lost all hope. 

• Haha 2