Scott Dixon

Server hopping

Well I'm dead against server hopping. People that server hop have no particular attachment to their character that someone who's had to grind does. They are kill on sight Cod kiddies, pure and simple. I killed another one tonight spawning in to the hunting stand behind the tents at staroye. The cool down timer should be increased to a couple of minutes maybe and also extend the time your character stays in the server. It won't stop the idiots but it might discourage. 

On 09/10/2018 at 12:59 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Cod kiddies

CoD kiddies? what year are you in? kids do not play CoD they play fortnight. 

2 hours ago, micky_north said:

CoD kiddies? what year are you in? kids do not play CoD they play fortnight. 

My son and his mates play, so, yeah. 

On 10/3/2018 at 3:11 AM, Scott Dixon said:

You and I both know private hives and community servers are WAY more populated than official... pull yourself together man. 

I'm sitting here talking to The Survivor and he just said the same thing lol.

Oh shit, break's over. I'm late because of ya'll lol

On 10/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, pilgrim* said:

This last month, a lot of folk seem to be starting new Xbox threads on Server Hopping and Ghosting (I count 15 threads on that subject in 30 days?)  .. I hope these players who start threads do actually =MAYBE= read each other's threads too .. then perhaps they could get together  & form an action group... the more threads on the SAME subject, the less anyone reads what anyone else says, IMO.  Short attention span ? Lack of interest in other players ?

Edited October 1 by pilgrim*
reddit sucks

Apparently XBox players need everything handed to them.

It's far too much trouble to use the search function.

Did you know DayZ has existed in one form or another for 6+ years?

Yeah, and guess what?

Server hopping was a thing back then too!!

Also, reddit sucks.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

41 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Apparently XBox players need everything handed to them.

It's far too much trouble to use the search function.

Did you know DayZ has existed in one form or another for 6+ years?

Yeah, and guess what?

Server hopping was a thing back then too!!

Also, reddit sucks.

This issue is not unique to xbox players and I read plenty of PC forums where people post threads that are repeats of other threads. Please don't show your ignorance by suggesting that pc players are some sort of elite breed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This issue is not unique to xbox players and I read plenty of PC forums where people post threads that are repeats of other threads. Please don't show your ignorance by suggesting that pc players are some sort of elite breed. 

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

"Unique to XBox?", "Elite breed"? I neither said nor alluded to either of these in any way.

How about 6 years experience playing and testing DayZ?

Does that not add weight to my perspective?

Repeat threads should not be encouraged, period.

If lazy entitled people cannot be bothered to use the search function, I cannot be bothered to hold their hands.

The moderators do not do much to answer concerns or engage in a dialogue that helps inform new players.

I am one of the few passionate and invested players who is trying to spread accurate information and helpful guidance, nothing more.

• Beans 1

57 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.

"Unique to XBox?", "Elite breed"? I neither said nor alluded to either of these in any way.

How about 6 years experience playing and testing DayZ?

Does that not add weight to my perspective?

Repeat threads should not be encouraged, period.

If lazy entitled people cannot be bothered to use the search function, I cannot be bothered to hold their hands.

The moderators do not do much to answer concerns or engage in a dialogue that helps inform new players.

I am one of the few passionate and invested players who is trying to spread accurate information and helpful guidance, nothing more.

I don't doubt what you say but you accuse console users of, and I quote, "needing everything handed to them on a plate". My reading comprehension is just fine, I have had an excellent education. I merely get tired of PC users looking down on console users and flogging that lame horse in an effort to support their arguments. 

Maybe your reading comprehension or memory is lacking. Try reading your posts before denying what you said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your enjoyment is not the main priority.

10 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't doubt what you say but you accuse console users of, and I quote, "needing everything handed to them on a plate". My reading comprehension is just fine, I have had an excellent education. I merely get tired of PC users looking down on console users and flogging that lame horse in an effort to support their arguments. 

Maybe your reading comprehension or memory is lacking. Try reading your posts before denying what you said. 

@DayzDayzFanboy Our enjoyment, for a video game, is not the main priority.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Please quote me where I said PC rules XBox drools?

You can't.

17 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

you accuse console users of, and I quote, "needing everything handed to them on a plate". My reading comprehension is just fine, I have had an excellent education. I merely get tired of PC users looking down on console users and flogging that lame horse in an effort to support their arguments. 

The XBox crowd (for the most part) is asking for everything handed to them on a plate.

I will say the OP or new players are acting like they need everything handed to them on a plate when they are, and right now, that's mostly XBox players.

It makes no difference to me what platform you play on, I've said the same exact thing to PC players.

I was mostly a console player from Atari 2600 to Wii. I built a gaming rig for the first times only about 10 years ago.

A lazy post, ignoring the search function, or ignoring status report info, will be treated as such regardless.

I've made a thread with all the basics links to get new players up to speed. I also offered to answer questions there but the XBox players want to live in a vacuum apart from the PC crowd when we are intrinsically tied at the hip.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Please quote me where I said PC rules XBox drools?

You can't.

The XBox crowd (for the most part) is asking for everything handed to them on a plate.

I will say the OP or new players are acting like they need everything handed to them on a plate when they are, and right now, that's mostly XBox players.

It makes no difference to me what platform you play on, I've said the same exact thing to PC players.

I was mostly a console player from Atari 2600 to Wii. I built a gaming rig for the first times only about 10 years ago.

A lazy post, ignoring the search function, or ignoring status report info, will be treated as such regardless.

Phew, this is hard work. I quoted what you said, you're trying to put words in my mouth now. I can't be bothered playing pedantic semantics, maybe you've trolled the forums for too long and can't see the woods for the trees any more. You also assume that every console player is on here bleating, which isn't the case. There have been some very constructive threads and some high quality support given. But the truth is, most players are sat as home playing it and have never even heard of your little kingdom. 

52 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I quoted what you said, you're trying to put words in my mouth now.

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Please don't show your ignorance by suggesting that pc players are some sort of elite breed. 

That's you, saying that I declared "PC master race", which I did not. You didn't point to where I put words in your mouth, so I don't know  exactly what you're trying to reference.

You also assume that every console player is on here bleating, which isn't the case.

No, I said they are filling the forums with garbage repeat threads that add nothing like, MOAR CONTENT, WHERE UPDAT, WHY I STAAARVE?

The constructive threads have been fine and supported, otherwise the XBox folk are just flailing to understand what it is they bought, and haven't the patience to search or read.

most players are sat as home playing it and have never even heard of your little kingdom. 

That's silly, isn't it?

Why would you not search the web for the most information on a game you apparently like so much?

If you did, you would invariably find this forum.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

Because most people are happily playing it without need of a forum to help their small brains understand the game

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Because most people are happily playing it without need of a forum to help their small brains understand the game

We we would be happily enjoying the game, but its been out for 5 years and slow development is to be expected, and known with research. But waddling around the map and atleast owning the game on console is good enough. Enjoying it isnt the priority.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skruffy said:

We we would be happily enjoying the game, but its been out for 5 years and slow development is to be expected, and known with research. But waddling around the map and atleast owning the game on console is good enough. Enjoying it isnt the priority.

Lol, aye. I've waited five years for this game. I get the frustration pc players must feel at times but then I think they must love the game to be still with it after so long. Personally I'm loving the game, with all its issues, though none of the issues have spoilt my enjoyment so far. Obviously there are things that need to happen with it and the majority of players accept that. 

• Like 2

Sure hope server hopping isn’t a thing when base building becomes a thing...

Best way to avoid server hoppers is to play on very full servers.

Hoppers target the low pop and empty servers.

Sure there's more chance of getting shot in a big server but the chances are you'll die legitimately and not from some dick teleporting behind you

• Like 1

Thanks to server hopping i have acquired skills on everything the game has to offer.

A neccesary thing to be prepaired when the game gets day/night cycle, base/tents and diseases.

I know exactly where to go to get everything i need and how to prepair/craft/cook/repair everything i find.

Server hopping to KOS on the other hand...boooring.

• Like 1

9What about a "check in check out" system where the game notice if a player join to often a server, for example, they join a server, in a military spawn, loot and hop out, than the server notice that the same player join another server,  and  after a few minutes exit an join another, than after like 2 or 3Times  it gives you a warning, and if you insist the time for log in double, so, if you keep going you go from 3 min to 6 to 12 to 24 and so on.. Unless you have a really bad internet this should never be an issue for a regular player. What do you think? 

1 hour ago, MRR3DO said:

9What about a "check in check out" system where the game notice if a player join to often a server, for example, they join a server, in a military spawn, loot and hop out, than the server notice that the same player join another server,  and  after a few minutes exit an join another, than after like 2 or 3Times  it gives you a warning, and if you insist the time for log in double, so, if you keep going you go from 3 min to 6 to 12 to 24 and so on.. Unless you have a really bad internet this should never be an issue for a regular player. What do you think? 

That could work. I've begun camping military areas because I'm tired of coming across a military area being looted, waiting for the current occupants to get their fill and leave, then begin my approach only see one to three people just pop in out of nowhere and then I end up hiking off to another location just to get the same results. I will now shoot hoppers on sight while leaving legit travelers alone. 

I personally use hopping some times, but I have to admit that I never use it for hurting player, I love to collect gear especially military loot, so If I reach some sort of base or military tent I hop two or three time like if I was there and was searching for more stuff, than I keep moving and only if I encounter another base I do that again.  This because I don't use any sort of map online or similar things, I enter in to the game and travel everywhere without having a place to go, so it's rare that I find a military camp, and when I do I take this little advantage only for my self even if I am ashamed of it :(

Edited by MRR3DO
Text incomplete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MRR3DO said:

I personally use hopping some times, but I have to admit that I never use it for hurting player, I love to collect gear especially military loot, so If I reach some sort of base or military tent I hop two or three time like if I was there and was searching for more stuff, than I keep moving and only if I encounter another base I do that again.  This because I don't use any sort of map online or similar things, I enter in to the game and travel everywhere without having a place to go, so it's rare that I find a military camp, and when I do I take this little advantage only for my self even if I am ashamed of it :(

SHAME  SHAME  SHAME 

15 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

SHAME  SHAME  SHAME 

Hahah. I'm sorry guys. But I swear I never killed on sight, on the contrary I try to help when I can :) 

10 hours ago, MRR3DO said:

lol comes into I hate hoppers thread & admits to hopping, the games a hardcore survival game dude. I personally couldn't care less about how you choose to play just remember if you added all that hopping time up and used it for orienteering and map learning then The hopping wouldn't be necessary. And you may not KOS but taking the loot out the loot cycle for legitimate players gets them killed so you may not pull the trigger but you ain't helping that's for sure ;'D . But you do you my man

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

To be fair, the game crashes that often at the moment and that was not a gripe. If I’m at military base having a nosey hoping to find some gear and the game crashes and kicks me out. I’m not logging in to a busy server where I’ll be shot straight away unless I’m with a group who has my back. I log in to a less than 5 populated and server, and have another nosey for gear. I bet most do the same.