Sign in to follow this  
SirRoberts

People taking a lot of bullets ?

Confused as how sometimes npcs and players can take between 15 bullets and 1. 

Ive lined up headshots that don’t do anything. Sometimes I shoot a guy one, he dies. Other times it’s literally a clip.

im talking about close range skirmishes. And no I’m not missing. I can see the blood when I shoot.

anyone else experiencing this? 

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times. But then I have also had the reverse where I was hit 2 or 3 times and managed to get away and kill the other person...... So balances out!

26 minutes ago, SirRoberts said:

Confused as how sometimes npcs and players can take between 15 bullets and 1. 

Ive lined up headshots that don’t do anything. Sometimes I shoot a guy one, he dies. Other times it’s literally a clip.

im talking about close range skirmishes. And no I’m not missing. I can see the blood when I shoot.

anyone else experiencing this? 

Depends on the gun, depends on the players state of health,  depends on what he's wearing.. depends on how often you really DID hit him, and where. A clip of 15 bullets all headshot hits SHOULD ..er.. just about do it. - It might take 2 or 3 if he's wearing a helmet (for instance).

If you see blood spray, it is not the "no shot" glitch that Xbox players have talked about. I guess.

Gews is the known expert on this (on PC) - may be worth riffing back through some of his posts on bullet dynamics in DayZ - he really does know everything on that subject, re PC - and at the moment (30 Sept) Xbox and PC Experimental seem pretty close.. I think deliberately.

If it IS a glitch that you are head-shotting 10+ times, seeing blood spray (so you are really hitting),  and the target is still standing, then it is a glitch that no one else has reported. Try it out with your friends for an hour, see if it is reproducible - describe it in a reproducible manner and put in a Report. BI will be glad to know.

Edited by pilgrim*

1 minute ago, pilgrim* said:

Depends on the gun, depends on the players state of health,  depends on what he's wearing.. depends on how often you really DID hit him, and where. A clip of 15 bullets all headshot hits SHOULD ..er.. just about do it. - It might take 2 or 3 if he's wearing a helmet (for instance).

If you see blood spray, it is not the "no shot" glitch that Xbox players have talked about. I guess.

Gews is the known expert on this (on PC) - may be worth riffing back through some of his posts on bullet dynamics in DayZ - he really does know everything on that subject, re PC - and at the moment (30 Sept) Xbox and PC Experimental seem pretty close.. I think deliberately.

If it IS a glitch that you are head-shotting 10+ times, seeing blood spray (so you are really hitting),  and the target is still standing, then it is a glitch that no one else has reported. Try it out with your friends for an hour, see if it is reproducible - describe it in a reproducible manner and put in a Report. BI will be glad to know.

Oh no, they weren’t all headshots. But people have asked me to kill them before because they didn’t spawn at the right place and I’ve literally taken the time to make sure it’s a headshot and nothing happens.

this particular instance was a guy wearing a hoody with a helment on, I couldn’t say whether any were headshots but I know around 7 connected and he wasn’t even limping. I had to reload . Maybe he was robocop

nevermind. We’ll see if anyone else reports it. Thanks for your reply 

• Beans 1

Yep I've killed fresh spawns who asked me to kill them and so far the record was three headshots at point blank range in full ADS with an AKM. Games just got bad hit reg at the moment, I've had this occur atleast four separate times & reported it.

Its definately a bug. Ive been hit 3 to 4 times blood splatter and all and it didnt damage my health or blood and my gear didnt get damaged either. Ive also headshotted people and they just walk away unscathed as well. Unloaded a full clip blood spatter everywhere even on the walls and they just shoot me twice and I go down full health. Theres definately something wrong. Its also when you shoot one zombie in the head they fall you shoot another in head and it doesnt drop it just charges you. Takes 6 more shots just to kill it but 4 melee hits down any zombies. Very odd. 

Last night at point blank range I sprayed a bandit with half a mag from my m4 I had a ballistic vest also it looked like a Jason movie their was so much blood comeing out of this kid and I got the first shots off only to die. 

1 hour ago, H3x fenrir said:

Last night at point blank range I sprayed a bandit with half a mag from my m4 I had a ballistic vest also it looked like a Jason movie their was so much blood comeing out of this kid and I got the first shots off only to die. 

Just this second happened to me. Someone tried to ghost me. I unloaded 20 bullets point blank. They turn around and one shot me.

Actually very annoyed as I’d spent all day getting to NW nd looting up.

infact it’s absolute bullshit 

Wondering if it has something to do with ghost bullets? Holding LT+Y to reload apparently puts bullets that have to effect into your gun vs. a regular Y button press to reload. 

1 hour ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Wondering if it has something to do with ghost bullets? Holding LT+Y to reload apparently puts bullets that have to effect into your gun vs. a regular Y button press to reload. 

I use the tap Y for reloads not holding LT and sometimes zeds still take a full mag of m4 to drop I honestly think its hit reg abit broken

I have this issue as well sometimes.

Zombie will die in 1 bullet.

Zombie will die in 5 bullets.

Player with no gear will die in 1 bullet.

Player with full gear will die in 5-10 bullets.

Damage is based on blood, health, vital organ health and location of the hit.  There is a couple good youtube videos explaining this.  This is the best one I found (Part 1 & 2)

43 minutes ago, JassperTheGhost said:

Damage is based on blood, health, vital organ health and location of the hit.  There is a couple good youtube videos explaining this.  This is the best one I found (Part 1 & 2)

Yes but the problem is bullets arent registering or doing no damage. If I shoot you in the head 1 time should be enough to atleast knock you out with any gun. Gun stats all show more then max damage done from a headshot. So if you headshot someone 4 times and they arent even limping theres a problem. Ive watched these videos and they dont explain the issue. 10 rounds in any body part is enough to kill so when you shoot a full clip blood spatter everywhere but they are still full health theres a problem. Its not where we are hitting or what they are wearing its like damage isnt registering half the time. 

7 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Yes but the problem is bullets arent registering or doing no damage. If I shoot you in the head 1 time should be enough to atleast knock you out with any gun. Gun stats all show more then max damage done from a headshot. So if you headshot someone 4 times and they arent even limping theres a problem. Ive watched these videos and they dont explain the issue. 10 rounds in any body part is enough to kill so when you shoot a full clip blood spatter everywhere but they are still full health theres a problem. Its not where we are hitting or what they are wearing its like damage isnt registering half the time. 

Yes. This ^^

Somethings not right.

has it been reported? Have the devs acknowledged it? 

15 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

I remember a dude ran up on me and I put 20 rounds in him from 2feet and him 30 Into me, he died after 20 I didn't lose one bit of health or even have any gear damaged, kinda annoyed me because I shouldn't of won the Gunfight at all

And all of this keeps pushing me to avoiding the gun play aspect of this game. Just keep a pistol or two for zombie or last ditch defense. Focus more on stealth and surviving. They do say discretion is the better part of valor.