Whateversclever

Unplayable frame drops in bigger cities (OneX)

Question

has anyone been experiencing unplayable frame drops in bigger cities ?? i have asked numerous people and it only seems to affect people on the OneX version of the game. Anyone else care to confirm the same issue.

15 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Whateversclever said:

has anyone been experiencing unplayable frame drops in bigger cities ?? i have asked numerous people and it only seems to affect people on the OneX version of the game. Anyone else care to confirm the same issue.

After a few updates it definately has gotten bad. You know when someone logs in near you it drops frames pretty bad and then when you enter cities like elektro if the server isnt dead you lag for a good 2 minutes straight as its trying to load everything only fix ive found(not really a fix)is hiding somewhere safe and waiting for everything to load. Problem is the stutter gets so bad it can easily get you killed if anyone sees you. 

I’ve had this exact problem. I also play on a Xbox one x. I hope a fix can come to make it not happen as much or at all. Cause when I travel with new people. And I start to lag up they can just kill. Or even being in a firefight. Zombies too. It’s a instant death being that vurnable for so long. 

2 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

One of us is going to try and install DayZ on an external SSD to see if that helps.

It truly does and will help! That's what I use with my 1st gen Xbox One and have had no frame rate or lag issues other than playing on servers in other regions. :)

• Thanks 1

On 11.10.2018 at 7:28 PM, Marvel_Ham said:

One of us is going to try and install DayZ on an external SSD to see if that helps.

Got X and nope, no difference. I'm suffering the exactly same as described.

Edited by nikoor
  • Beans 1

Can you please give us some more details on the problem?

1. In which cities do the lags appear? Screenshots of your location when this happens might be useful as well.
  2. How long have you been playing in this session before the first lags appear?
  3. Do you play with friends or are you for other reasons certain lags occur when other players log in nearby?

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

1. In which cities do the lags appear? Screenshots of your location when this happens might be useful as well.
  3. Do you play with friends or are you for other reasons certain lags occur when other players log in nearby?

Hey, in my experience the Xbox one x seems to lag when zooming out from holding RB or from a scope while the game is trying to render all the nearby textures and buildings back in, it does seem to happen more often after long play sessions but even when I first log on the textures have trouble loading in every time I zoom anywhere. The worst towns for me are berezino and elektro but it does happen sometimes in any other large town like severograd, cherno and novo. 

If I had to guess I would say its a RAM issue whether its not enough or just not fast enough. But it definitely seems to struggle while its swapping distance textures with the closer ones maybe it just loads in the closer models and textures before its finished unloading the distant ones.

When this happens the fps drops down to anywhere between 10 and 0.1 and can last from 5 to 10 seconds or just stop completely requiring a restart

Edited by Luigi Evahard
Additional info

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I play on Xbox One X and have noticed major frame rate slow down and stutter in large cities as well an did report this on bug site.

1. I have noticed frame rate stutter and slow down to the point of game freezing in Novodmitrovsk and Zelenogorsk recently.  This has happened in other cities also.  I do not have a screen shot.

2. I have noticed it happening when I initially log into the city or even if I have been playing a while.

3. I have noticed this both when alone but more when playing with friends, 1 or 2 other people in Xbox party in same area.

4. It seems to happen more when I aim down site with an ACOG equipped on M4 or PSO-1 equipped on AKM.

Hope this is helpful.

14 hours ago, Luigi Evahard said:

Hey, in my experience the Xbox one x seems to lag when zooming out from holding RB or from a scope while the game is trying to render all the nearby textures and buildings back in

13 hours ago, Kynero1 said:

It seems to happen more when I aim down site with an ACOG equipped on M4 or PSO-1 equipped on AKM.

thank you guys for the information. We are aware of an issue with the game lagging while viewing through a scope. Also it can happen when you just logged into the game.

Now we are looking if the game lags even appear when you are already in the game for a longer time and not watching through a scope. If you have any information on that, let us know. :)

20 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Its pretty much the same for regular xbox one atleast for me but i would expect that if the better ones have the issue too. Right when you log on you cant even see the walls around you just loot in the buildings zombies and players. Zooming is only an issue after the first zoom its all blurry and then it takes a minute to render everything. Theres also the lag spike(s) when a player(s) logs in near you its never let me down. If im in a building and the fps spikes just for a second or two its almost garunteed someone trying to ghost or logged in in a nearby building. Happened easily 10 times in the past month. Its nothing drastic but its definately noticeable and the moment you get the spike you typically hear the shoes hit the ground.

Edited by Chris Burton

On 30/9/2018 at 3:12 AM, Whateversclever said:

second that. have the X one version and a recent update made me have lag through ACOG scope and also a bit through the m68 scope. I have so much lag in the cities that it has become unplayable for me. we don't talk about frame drops here,.. it's more like frame stop! (feels like when your on a low end PC and your system runs out of resources) also i had multiple game freeze/crash the past days.. there's so much of above that i have to take a break till it's somewhat fixed at least. 

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

thank you guys for the information. We are aware of an issue with the game lagging while viewing through a scope. Also it can happen when you just logged into the game.

Now we are looking if the game lags even appear when you are already in the game for a longer time and not watching through a scope. If you have any information on that, let us know. :)

I haven't had any massive frame drops or outright freezes while just walking around in city's, it does get a bit choppy when in city's with lots of players and it stutters a few times when approaching city's with players in them.

The textures and some buildings do tend to pop in when just turning around quickly but unless you zoom or look through a scope it doesn't really drop frames

I play on the one x and have also noticed considerable frame rate drop/lag since the most recent update.  

Seems to to happen while ADS’ing with a scope (any) and other times at complete random.  I feel like it didn’t do this before the lastest update, but I am also a lot more geared up and have found more scopes since, so I can’t get a more accurate account as some.  

The only frame drops I notice are allegedly from people spawning near me. Whether this is the true cause of this I dont know. But I have noticed since latest update it's been a bit sluggish on the frames and the lag where your character glitches and looks like Tony hawk trying to do a 1080x6. 

On 9/29/2018 at 9:12 PM, Whateversclever said:

I submitted a formal bug report a couple of weeks ago.

I got a message back from a team member stating my report was acknowledged, and is being worked on.

Fret not! This issue will be resolved!

• Like 1

I'll add to this as best I can because it's almost game-breaking to me and my crew in this state.

We run Elektro in squads of at least 4 or more once we're geared  with a variety of weapons on high-pop servers.

Some have Gen 1 XBONE, others have XBONE-X...makes no difference.

We can tell the difference between server stutter for logins, this is definitely client-side.

In the middle of the city (apartments, hospital, office, pub, etc) there's always one of us that has to fall back until his frames catch up, press Home button, etc.

My thinking is close proximity, with lots of inventory, and many things to render at high speed, is too much unoptimized data for the processor on any platform.

• Like 1