Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani

Persistence?

50 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani said:

What's going on with persistence on XBL? Working or no...? Details are appreciated.

What is your definition of persistence within the realm of DayZ?

Persistence in a nutshell is the ability for things to be carried over across server restarts, be it a weapon, a body, a tent, a vehicle, whatever. Items that are persistent do not disappear during restarts.

All inventory items are persistent across restarts. as tents, vehicles are not in game there is no way to define that.

Character save data including location and inventory is persistent

Edited by Bombarding

@Bombarding

i think he also means items on the ground (be it dropped ones or loot)

i can'T answer this for Xbox, but on PC items stay after a server restart (you will have to connect to the exact same server though)

18 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

@Bombarding

i think he also means items on the ground (be it dropped ones or loot)

i can'T answer this for Xbox, but on PC items stay after a server restart (you will have to connect to the exact same server though)

Oh if that is the case people have been claiming on xbox if you're dropping gear for a friend, it kicks you, you need to join same server and it will be there so you won't lose it.

Servers are still persistent for 42 days but due to full server wipers being frequent with updates at the moment   ( mainly due to people being perma locked In databases, and server wipes release the lock ).

so technically if you bury a stash ingame it'll remain there for 42 days on that server. But until the game goes to 1.0 full release I wouldn't expect this to occur.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, Bombarding said:

What is your definition of persistence within the realm of DayZ?

Persistence in a nutshell is the ability for things to be carried over across server restarts, be it a weapon, a body, a tent, a vehicle, whatever. Items that are persistent do not disappear during restarts.

All inventory items are persistent across restarts. as tents, vehicles are not in game there is no way to define that.

Character save data including location and inventory is persistent

I buried some gear in a Marlin bag on a NL server on XBL. Came back to same server within 48 hours, stash is gone. It was a no-pop NL server with an average of 0-1 players in a weirdo spot under one of those big tree's that have low branches that touch the ground. You have to go under the tree to see anything. Nobody found my stash, I would put money on it.

6 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Servers are still persistent for 42 days but due to full server wipers being frequent with updates at the moment   ( mainly due to people being perma locked In databases, and server wipes release the lock ).

so technically if you bury a stash ingame it'll remain there for 42 days on that server. But until the game goes to 1.0 full release I wouldn't expect this to occur.

You're positive this 42 days is active on XBL or are you referring to PC. Just double checking. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 1

Yeah a dev has previously confirmed 42 day persistence, but also stated that with every update we can expect persistency wipes aswell as character wipes. I've stashed loads of weapons etc since xbox release and they've remained but after updates I've checked and they were gone. Did you check your stash Inbetween server wipes or updates? 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this