Sign in to follow this  
Skollob

First impressions

Just started playing this on Xbox One. Love it, bugs and all :)

My first impressions:

• Wow, the map is BIG! I spent a good while running west, thinking I’d be near the edge of the map when I finished. Checked online out of curiosity (I’m trying to avoid the online maps as much as possible) and discovered I was barely 1/3 of the way across the map. Must run more.
  • Staying fed and hydrated isn’t so difficult after all. My strategy involves following rivers inland and scrumping for apples at every opportunity. I basically just live off apples. My turds must be legendary.
  • Guns jam a lot. Been killed twice now by zombies on account of my gun jamming after firing only a couple of rounds (panic!) and then not being able to switch to a melee weapon in time. I’ve read that I need to check each individual bullet and throw away those that are worn or worse. That’s one attempt at realism that I could frankly do without, but heh.
  • Server hopping in military bases when looting should be nerfed somehow. I’m guilty of doing this, but it felt dirty. Walked out of there tooled up like Rambo.
  • So far I’ve met just one other player who instantly KoS’d me. I’ve been playing mostly on low population servers to get the feel of the game. First time I restarted on a busy server, I walked off the beach into a house and was followed in by a guy with an M4 who just wasted me. I didn’t even hear the shot. He must have really wanted my road flare, the pervert.

10/10 am playing again.

giphy.gif

• Beans 2