Sign in to follow this  
robbyj

Are MOTD's Broken?

v0.63.148820. I know there was a small update last night, can anyone confirm if their MOTD from the serverDZ.cfg is working as of this patch? Thank you

They are. Players see the first or two first messages, then nothing. Still broken (but less that before :D)

Edited by GrosTon1

On 9/27/2018 at 8:06 AM, Clockwork88 said:

working fine since files release...

This is my MOTD that isn't working

motd[] = {"DAYZ","Welcome to The Pub /r/dayzPub","+Improved Spawnpoints +Removed Stamina +Starter Kit","Cheers"};

motdInterval = 10;

The MOTD are being sent regardless of player state, starting on player connect.

So you have to figure out the average loading time of your players, which is after monitoring ~10k player connects on a PVP server, at around 37s. (With loading speed is meant the time spent between Player initialization and exiting the Lobby state)

Then you have to calculate the best interval for your MOTDs (hint: 5s works best) and add empty dummy messages to fill the gap. If a player has faster loading times he will see some empty messages but thats how you make sure everyone is getting the messages.

I implemented welcome messages by monitoring the lobby state and sending them 2 seconds after leaving it. If you have that number you can issue kicks based on extensive loading times aswell.

In my opinion, The MOTD's are broken for me anyway, ever since the first update came they have not worked for me, even setting the modinterval at 30 still nothing, lots of things dont work and need attention asap, eg the MOTD, Better Bec intergration, Sometimes servers stop responding also. I would like to know how to fix this manually as waiting for a fix from the devs isnt logical from history point of view.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS