Man Parts 241

Just found...

sheep. Holy shit that's alotta meat. Lil bugger kept running. Took like 7 axe wacks and some .380 from the skorpion.

What did you just find?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I saw both Sheep and Pigs yesterday for the first time, and damn do they give a lot of steak! Also bones to craft an improvised hook from (which didnt appear in my inventory which i guess has not been implemented yet) and got pelt from aswell. But made the game a little more exciting rather than just seeing trees sway and hearing the odd chicken..
Am yet to see cows or Elk despite hearing them a lot!

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

I shot and skinned my first cow two days ago. It provided roughly 12 steaks and I only had enough inventory to hold three... I've seen elk on three occasions, but each time I didn't have a firearm and they flee surprisingly fast (there's NO way a player could catch them on foot...) as soon as they sense you (about 100 yards for me, though I wasn't exactly sneaking).

• Like 2

I heard three cows going bat-sh#t crazy in a pond on my way to the military base and was swamped with enough food to feed an orphanage! So I boiled it all up and ate like Elvis with the munchies! ?

Edited by Major Plums
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I saw a wild boar very briefly as it ran Into the woods , been looking for one for over a week. You can use the pelt to craft a boar skin improvised backpack that has a different pattern on it to the normal improvised backpack........I'll get you one day boar , mark my words

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

I saw a wild boar very briefly as it ran Into the woods , been looking for one for over a week. You can use the pelt to craft a boar skin improvised backpack that has a different pattern on it to the normal improvised backpack........I'll get you one day boar , mark my words

I still have yet to run into a boar or any sheep, I've seen every other animal introduced to the game so far and plan on bagging an elk with my current character. I had no idea you can use boar pelts to make a pack... Very useful information and I thank you for it!

2 hours ago, Los Bandito said:

I saw both Sheep and Pigs yesterday for the first time, and damn do they give a lot of steak! Also bones to craft an improvised hook from (which didnt appear in my inventory which i guess has not been implemented yet) and got pelt from aswell. But made the game a little more exciting rather than just seeing trees sway and hearing the odd chicken..
Am yet to see cows or Elk despite hearing them a lot!

I made a hook and put it on my boonie. I heard an elk earlier and caught a glimpse, but I was encumbered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I shot and skinned my first cow two days ago. It provided roughly 12 steaks and I only had enough inventory to hold three... I've seen elk on three occasions, but each time I didn't have a firearm and they flee surprisingly fast (there's NO way a player could catch them on foot...) as soon as they sense you (about 100 yards for me, though I wasn't exactly sneaking).

I skinned my first cow a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

I found a group of Wolfs figthing against a zombie, and the zombie kill them all.. that happen in a military base in the south west ...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Loonblade said:

I found a group of Wolfs figthing against a zombie, and the zombie kill them all.. that happen in a military base in the south west ...

Go to Tisy military base its a common battlefield of zombies and wolves. Pretty funny to watch. 

Ive seen goats sheep cows chicken and elk have yet to see a boar. Do they make some type of noise? You can hear all the other animals a good ways off.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chris Burton said:

Go to Tisy military base its a common battlefield of zombies and wolves. Pretty funny to watch. 

Ive seen goats sheep cows chicken and elk have yet to see a boar. Do they make some type of noise? You can hear all the other animals a good ways off.

Yeah man was making a very piggy snorting sound, I nearly stood on it, it's considerably larger than a pig though and got risks etc but then it absolutely booked it out of there squealing. Unfortunately it was in the forest so couldn't get a shot on it a it ran and tbh I wast sure if they attacked when agro'd or not but it didn't .

My friend and I were approaching NW military base when we saw a pack of wolves chasing a wild boar.

It was one if the coolest things I've ever seen in gaming...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yeah man was making a very piggy snorting sound, I nearly stood on it, it's considerably larger than a pig though and got risks etc but then it absolutely booked it out of there squealing. Unfortunately it was in the forest so couldn't get a shot on it a it ran and tbh I wast sure if they attacked when agro'd or not but it didn't .

That would be cool. I kind of feel like all the animals should react some type of way. A goat will charge humans if antagonized for example. Cows and pigs should run as they are more domesticated and docile they shouldnt just stand there as their buddies drop dead around them. Elk act pretty accurately except for their lack of awareness no way they wouldnt hear or smell you coming. I walked like 100m from one before it started running. Would be cool if bears and other violent animals were added would make it a bit more survival even if you are on a dead server

• Like 1

Heard a fox warning call east of NWA and west of the large radio tower north of a helo crash sight. Scared the hell out of me because i didnt know they were in the game at all. Wouldnt mind bagging one of those

4 hours ago, Leach57 said:

Heard a fox warning call east of NWA and west of the large radio tower north of a helo crash sight. Scared the hell out of me because i didnt know they were in the game at all. Wouldnt mind bagging one of those

I was up that way last night. Most likly it was a wolf btw lol. I don't think foxes are in the game.

Just found...

a server that has rain and fog last night. And I don't mean a drizzle, I'm talking pouring ass your "drenched" before even spawning in kinda rain. I couldn't hear shit lol. I was loving it.

• Like 1

Have seen and eaten sheep, wolves, and cows. Have been eaten by wolves. Yesterday watched a zombie get aggro'd and chase a cow around a pasture.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Just found...

a server that has rain and fog last night. And I don't mean a drizzle, I'm talking pouring ass your "drenched" before even spawning in kinda rain. I couldn't hear shit lol. I was loving it.

I was on that same server! It was creepy being in the deep woods with that fog and heavy rain, but I did finally bag my first elk! Navigation was very difficult as I attempted to head towards the coast afterwards and I've never had to use my compass so much before. It was a very realistic and fun experience and YES, the sound of the rain was nearly deafening, luckily the elk are freakishly loud!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I was on that same server! It was creepy being in the deep woods with that fog and heavy rain, but I did finally bag my first elk! Navigation was very difficult as I attempted to head towards the coast afterwards and I've never had to use my compass so much before. It was a very realistic and fun experience and YES, the sound of the rain was nearly deafening, luckily the elk are freakishly loud!

Whaaat?!!!! Compass ftw last night! I never saw me using it until last night. Never had to with the stationary sun lol. So glad I kept one on me tho. Compass ftw last night!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I was up that way last night. Most likly it was a wolf btw lol. I don't think foxes are in the game.

Nah i know a fox call when i hear one

On 26 September 2018 at 11:53 PM, Chris Burton said:

This happened to me today I was sat on snipers nest as it happened below me, the zombies won that one for sure. Then I finished the zombies off as they celebrated under neath me.

I'm not sure that just hearing an animal means it's in the game. Foxes would be cool but not sure they're actually in, think it's just atmos sounds. 

Edit... Just read on the wiki that foxes were in so maybe they are in game now. 

The hunt is on! 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

51 minutes ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

So would that mean the ability to craft a Davey Crockett style coonskin hat then at some point?

need 1 racoon .. in Europe we make do with a Hedgehog to craft a real backwoods hat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1