john garcia

Improvised weapons

So I had one spawn where loot was really scarce. Where you would normally find hatchets and axes everywhere I wasn't finding crap. Then I remembered a video by Runningman and he had used canned food in hand as a melee weapon. I had a can of spaghetti so I put it in hand and it really helped alot in dispatching a zombie. Much more efficient than just fists. 

A spawn or two later I met some geared guys that gave me a can of beans so I did the same as I had only been in game a few minutes. I went into a house soon after and found a dead player. As I was looking over his loot I was attcked by another player with a kitchen knife (maybe he killed the first guy?). Not saying it was due to having a superior weapon, but I clobbered him several times and knocked him out!! 

So now I get to loot two corpses. Also I didn't realize he was only unconscious and it scared the hell out of me when he started squirming around, lol. But again, I used the can to bash his head while he was laying on the ground and finally dispatch him.    Just wanted to pass this along in hopes it helps some folks during early spawn. The original video I saw Runningman used a can of tuna on another player and knocked him unconscious, YMMV.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, john garcia said:

So I had one spawn where loot was really scarce. Where you would normally find hatchets and axes everywhere I wasn't finding crap. Then I remembered a video by Runningman and he had used canned food in hand as a melee weapon. I had a can of spaghetti so I put it in hand and it really helped alot in dispatching a zombie. Much more efficient than just fists. 

A spawn or two later I met some geared guys that gave me a can of beans so I did the same as I had only been in game a few minutes. I went into a house soon after and found a dead player. As I was looking over his loot I was attcked by another player with a kitchen knife (maybe he killed the first guy?). Not saying it was due to having a superior weapon, but I clobbered him several times and knocked him out!! 

So now I get to loot two corpses. Also I didn't realize he was only unconscious and it scared the hell out of me when he started squirming around, lol. But again, I used the can to bash his head while he was laying on the ground and finally dispatch him.    Just wanted to pass this along in hopes it helps some folks during early spawn. The original video I saw Runningman used a can of tuna on another player and knocked him unconscious, YMMV.  

LMAO!!! I've never heard of this until now... Great post and I will definitely use this tactic with my next character!

I would love to see experimenting and learn of other improvised items that can be used, Hopefully others will post.

Small Stone and the SVD are the rariest items in the game me and a friend got lucky and found 2 stones and made the improvised knife right before the characters wipe so we never got to use it 

You can use stones in hand to bash Zombies and players too. The kitchen knife works great on zombies as it’s quick, if you run at them and start hacking they can’t recover from knock back in time, much better than a big axe or sledge

22 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

A small stone can be crafted into an improvised knife.

Do improvised knives have better durability? You would think so being made of stone...

Murdered someone with a can opener... So much blood... 

Edited by Arcken19
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Arcken19 said:

Murdered someone with a can opener... So much blood... 

Awesome.......now we know, thanks for sharing that tid bit.