Ballsinacan01

Community Ban List

Hello Server owners,

Since the release of the server files it seems that more players are now coming back to the game, which is great but as well as the hackers. I was hoping with the other server owners like myself to create a community ban list.   In my eyes this would help the community combat hackers in their servers as if they are apart of this list, then everyone can ban them on their servers. Any thoughts on this? 

Well, for one you could start sharing your bans if you have anyone. You would be able to build on that and have the list grow.

Install BEC and report them through their system. They have a global bans file that BEC grabs updates from online. It also has a way to report them to be added to the list.

@kichilron I currently don't have any bans at this time, or i would.  and @Aussie Cleetus do you really think BEC bans update fast enough? In my experience it's not reliable way to stop them all.  I know at this time you can not turn off battle-eye but some people turn battle-eye off for mods. Think Arma 2 - dayz mods and all that...

Hey there,

you might wanna check this out: http://dayz-ast.com/

Think of it as a collection of ban lists from different communities, you can contribute or just pick a list and export it for your use.

Its been pretty quiet there since the great 0.62 Community dying, but you still got a pretty solid foundation to keep out the dirt.

Btw is there really a way to report players for a global ban? I highly doubt that.

4 minutes ago, -=maverick=- said:

Hey there,

you might wanna check this out: http://dayz-ast.com/

Think of it as a collection of ban lists from different communities, you can contribute or just pick a list and export it for your use.

Its been pretty quiet there since the great 0.62 Community dying, but you still got a pretty solid foundation to keep out the dirt.

Btw is there really a way to report players for a global ban? I highly doubt that.

do you have the ban list to hand as i cannot find it on there page

I do, but that would be a list with over 1600 GUIDs and i am not giving that away lightly. You can find every "global worthy" ban from us in DAST and as an admin with honour you should take a look at those bans before activating them for your server. Most of them are with evidence, so take your pick.