droefheid

Weird shxt you've encountered whilst playing.

As the thread title states; I wanna hear about any weird encounters that you've come across whilst playing.. I'm sure there are hundreds.. xD

Did you try by reading threads on the forum? I'm pretty sure there's plenty stories around. ;-)

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

I had lots of fun in DayZ and so much more was on the horizon, then some update broke the good gameplay and the horizon never came closer. That one was weirdest that happened while playing DayZ.

2 hours ago, kichilron said:

Did you try by reading threads on the forum? I'm pretty sure there's plenty stories around. ;-)

Lets collect 'em all in one place ;) Plus my small brain can't afford to go searching ;D

I was exploring some community servers tonight when I came upon a horde of around 30+ infected shuffling about a small village. I also found a bottle of vodka and a pack of cigarettes, so the days of the Healthy Apocalypse are soon gone...

Drank the vodka but didn't get any effect to show intoxication, and I had no matches so I couldn't try the cigarettes. 

(I suppose there is a good reason the items not spawning in experimental aren't spawning. Found a pack of cereal and puked after one bite...)

The horde gave me quite a scare, but with the short aggro range of infected on current experimental they looked more dangerous than they were.

Edited by Beavis3D
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Was pottering about, forget where exactly, and I spot a town so I decide to check it out with my binoculars. Before long, I spot a dead player next to a police station, so I wait around to see if anybody comes to loot it. Nobody turns up, so I run to the town to loot the body. He was pretty geared, nice vest, MP5, things like that, but there wasn't really any clue as to how he might have died. I bury the body, and with my new-found loot I decide to check out the town. After a little while, I entered a building and found a very familiar body lying on the ground. It was lying in the exact same pose and was wearing the exact same gear, but I couldn't interact with it and it was very low-poly - like it was straight from an early PS2 game or something. 

I couldn't interact with it because it was technically buried, and I think it was low-poly because it was still somehow anchored to the original position where I'd buried it, so the game assumed I was further away from it than I actually was, but I cannot imagine why it was in that building. It's not an issue I've seen before or since, and I've never heard anyone else report it.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 9/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

..//..

Weird Shit ! ... I put in that Curse of green mountain link right after droefheid's first post...  and it vanished!   But I aint been near Green mountain since the last time I was up there !!!   That place must have some kind of long term effect.. Now Biohaze will start vanishing too (unless he's wearing that Voodoo-Order of the Golden Dawn sign, maybe?). It's [{whisper}] a dangerous place to even talk about [{end whisper}].

If you get bored by KOS

go up into the northern highlands by yourself

meditate

see if you can levitate a rock

aAG90qF.jpg

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

I also saw a rabbit fly overhead once, back when I was young (maybe 2016?)  .. it was going fast in a straight line about 30-40 feet off the ground,  and I was kind of amazed so I didn't take a screenshot. I guess this long-ago rabbit-migration is why there are no rabbits left in Chernarus now?    It was heading East.  

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

18 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

Was pottering about, forget where exactly, and I spot a town so I decide to check it out with my binoculars. Before long, I spot a dead player next to a police station, so I wait around to see if anybody comes to loot it. Nobody turns up, so I run to the town to loot the body. He was pretty geared, nice vest, MP5, things like that, but there wasn't really any clue as to how he might have died. I bury the body, and with my new-found loot I decide to check out the town. After a little while, I entered a building and found a very familiar body lying on the ground. It was lying in the exact same pose and was wearing the exact same gear, but I couldn't interact with it and it was very low-poly - like it was straight from an early PS2 game or something. 

I couldn't interact with it because it was technically buried, and I think it was low-poly because it was still somehow anchored to the original position where I'd buried it, so the game assumed I was further away from it than I actually was, but I cannot imagine why it was in that building. It's not an issue I've seen before or since, and I've never heard anyone else report it.

Thought this was gonna be some messed up serial killer that poses their victim's bodies...

Not so weird... I might not be so skilled with the bow, but man, this alloy recipe I got... hhaha Dayz: Arrowhead

cFhEjMJ.jpg

• Beans 2

Okay lads and lasses, I've officially found weed. Now where is a box of matches when you need one? (Encountered on Dwarden's experimental server)

349B915AC0B14E33BA7739DC9A27E76458131928

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

;-)

The stories will start again...

• Beans 1