Sign in to follow this  
ClaireOpen

Server Help!

Hello,

I have a tiny (4 slot) rented server from Nitrado.  And I'm trying my very best not to panic and run around screaming.  I rented the server mainly for me and couple of friends to explore in peace and have some fun with the mods when they arrive.  But...I have no idea what I'm doing.  So far, I have changed the name of the server, passworded it and set the server date and time (to the 21st June at 8am, with a six-hourly restart).  I must confess I was terrified fiddling with the code...I feared I may wipe the server, or do something accidently naughty and get banned from DayZ for life!

Question 1:   Can I muck around with spawn locations and character starting gear on a rented server?  Or am I heading straight for a ban?

Question 2:  Is there a DayZ Servers for Dummies that holds my hand, gives me gentle and kind words of reassurance, while I interfer with the all those scary lines of code?

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, ClaireOpen said:

Hello,

I have a tiny (4 slot) rented server from Nitrado.  And I'm trying my very best not to panic and run around screaming.  I rented the server mainly for me and couple of friends to explore in peace and have some fun with the mods when they arrive.  But...I have no idea what I'm doing.  So far, I have changed the name of the server, passworded it and set the server date and time (to the 21st June at 8am, with a six-hourly restart).  I must confess I was terrified fiddling with the code...I feared I may wipe the server, or do something accidently naughty and get banned from DayZ for life!

Question 1:   Can I muck around with spawn locations and character starting gear on a rented server?  Or am I heading straight for a ban?

Question 2:  Is there a DayZ Servers for Dummies that holds my hand, gives me gentle and kind words of reassurance, while I interfer with the all those scary lines of code?

Thank you!

well  it all depends on if you have access to the main files if you need help give me a pm ;)