Sign in to follow this  
TheYetiBum

Games moving from Alpha to Beta

Hey beautiful survivors,

So is everyone excited for the upcoming update to BETA announced yesterday in the PC status report? I'll link below for anyone unaware. 

Baty let the community know that ASAP after it's on PC experimental branch it'll come to console too and we can expect such treats as vehicles & base building! But a full list of returning features will be released closer to the PC release date & apparently the list is very large. I personally am super stoked for this, links here's.

• Beans 1

I will admit, the Xbox version of the game is running alot smoother than it was. They haven't done alot but it seems so much better than launch. I'm not expecting the BETA to release anytime soon, though.

I am pretty hyped about this as well base building will give an entire new aspect to the dayz story 

For me on xbox one (standard) 

The game runs very smooth with just a few microstutters

• Like 1

1 minute ago, droefheid said:

I will admit, the Xbox version of the game is running alot smoother than it was. They haven't done alot but it seems so much better than launch. I'm not expecting the BETA to release anytime soon, though.

I'd expect it within next 2-3months which is pretty soon. They wouldn't usually bring it up In a status report unless it's about a month away for PC experimental & there developing for PC and xbox in parallel now. I won't get my hopes up but this is about 6months sooner than I'd expected to wait so I remain hopeful it'll be rolled out in the next quarter atleast

Just now, TheYetiBum said:

I'd expect it within next 2-3months which is pretty soon. They wouldn't usually bring it up In a status report unless it's about a month away for PC experimental & there developing for PC and xbox in parallel now. I won't get my hopes up but this is about 6months sooner than I'd expected to wait so I remain hopeful it'll be rolled out in the next quarter atleast

Yeah, I agree. They seem to be ALOT more active since the Xbox version launched. I guess that was the kick they needed. I'm hopeful for the future of this game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, droefheid said:

Yeah, I agree. They seem to be ALOT more active since the Xbox version launched. I guess that was the kick they needed. I'm hopeful for the future of this game.

Yep a massive injection of cash can only help development & the main problem with removing previously tested mechanics when switching to the new engine even though it was fully necessary was it aggravated the PC player base after an already fraught & lengthy development. But in all fairness the previous engine just couldn't handle the task no matter what the team tried, the technology just wasn't upto it. But the new engine has proven it's worth ten fold, you'd have got 10fps in electro on the old engine on console or no frames & cities where damn near unplayable even on High end PC rigs. Now all that previous content/mechanics testing is going to pay off as things are added back In.

i feel for our PC brothers who went through years of strife so that we could sweep in and get gratification almost instantly lol.

Edited by TheYetiBum

I am one of those pc gamers but i never gave up on the game 

The look and feel of this game or just awesome and even tough the communication from the devs were not always up to speed you do feel there has went allot of time in making the game feel like it should have had 

Im very pleased with the xbox version and all progress that has been made 

• Like 1

Welp, let them stress test it, once it rolls into experimental we could possibly see some features, as xbox does have experimental versioning, so you never know. Considering as how they are skipping the next update set and moving right to beta, as the devs stated..

"This will be a big feature update" (paraphrasing) meaning that there will be alot of content. It is imperative that bugs are reported properly, and it is ironed out before launch.

I'd expect sometime in the next month or so it will be hitting stress tests, then November sometime we will see it experimental, and it will be drip fed into xbox, with the full blown update probably late November or early December

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, olmo said:

I am one of those pc gamers but i never gave up on the game 

The look and feel of this game or just awesome and even tough the communication from the devs were not always up to speed you do feel there has went allot of time in making the game feel like it should have had 

Im very pleased with the xbox version and all progress that has been made 

Glad to hear it & welcome to the console build. Nice to see not all PC players were put off the game completely. Once BETA goes live the game will see a huge resurgence in player count and content being created. Oh they've readers the community content section aswell in main forum page to champion youtubers/streamers as part of the run up to the game beefing up abit. Wise choice by the  BI team there.

1 minute ago, Bombarding said:

Welp, let them stress test it, once it rolls into experimental we could possibly see some features, as xbox does have experimental versioning, so you never know. Considering as how they are skipping the next update set and moving right to beta, as the devs stated..

"This will be a big feature update" (paraphrasing) meaning that there will be alot of content. It is imperative that bugs are reported properly, and it is ironed out before launch.

I'd expect sometime in the next month or so it will be hitting stress tests, then November sometime we will see it experimental, and it will be drip fed into xbox, with the full blown update probably late November or early December

Yep colour me suprised, they did say that the game would be at a BETA stage cross platform by Xmas but tbh I always figured this was 50% wishful thinking, but they've obviously been working there butts of behind closed doors. I'm happily surprised. 

Im very curious tough will we get mod support on xbox asswell there already has been leaked info about microsoft willing yo make there own steam workshop idea to support mods this would be awesome. 

Anybody know if we would get private server files for Xbox asswell i already have a dedi ready to host a server ?

Just now, TheYetiBum said:

Yep colour me suprised, they did say that the game would be at a BETA stage cross platform by Xmas but tbh I always figured this was 50% wishful thinking, but they've obviously been working there butts of behind closed doors. I'm happily surprised. 

Well if original speculation is true, then 1.0 would launch Q1 2019. I think that is wishful, probably Q2, however, if they plan on jumping right from v0.63 to Beta, which would be like what.. v0.80? Its gonna be a rocky jump. I just hope people make solid big reports, and help the devs perfect the outcome.

1 minute ago, olmo said:

Im very curious tough will we get mod support on xbox asswell there already has been leaked info about microsoft willing yo make there own steam workshop idea to support mods this would be awesome. 

Anybody know if we would get private server files for Xbox asswell i already have a dedi ready to host a server ?

Private servers for xbox are in the roadmap. Mod support is not.

Now that's not to say either will or will not happen, neither could, or both could, but we dont know yet.

I have seen in other mod threads that xbox mod support is not in the roadmap at this time.

18 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Well if original speculation is true, then 1.0 would launch Q1 2019. I think that is wishful, probably Q2, however, if they plan on jumping right from v0.63 to Beta, which would be like what.. v0.80? Its gonna be a rocky jump. I just hope people make solid big reports, and help the devs perfect the outcome.

True that, unfortunately the bug report systems weighted down right now by the prevalent locked in database issue, hopefully once that's ironed out it'll be smooth sailing. And yeah once it goes BETA the version system kinda goes out the window because they've always said 1.0 will only contain ground vehicles and basic base building  elements (reinforcing pre existing houses, rather than free builds) & other vehicles and mechanics would be added after 1.0 launch. 

I think the race is on to get the game to 1.0 "finished" state so that it can be accessed by PS4 players as Sony are way stricter on how far down the road a game must be before release on there platform.

the devs currently have a PC and console build with pretty much all mechanics put back in already in there offices (god I wish I could play that version lol) but obviously there using that to find as many conflicts, bugs, glitches & crashes before unleashing it upon us. 

Edited by TheYetiBum

46 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

I think the race is on to get the game to 1.0 "finished" state so that it can be accessed by PS4 players as Sony are way stricter on how far down the road a game must be before release on there platform.

Xbox has fairly strict regulations in the sense that if it enters the marketplace as preview, there has to be some determination that it will leave and release 1.0, and it wont sit idly in game preview. As such that is why the current program only has 10-15 games at a time. Because of this, xbox is also very forward with moving the game along. Doesnt need to be speedy, just show the improvement.

With ps4, they dont have a solidified preview program, but they arent pushing them away from what I've heard. I do agree it does have to be along the lines of completed if it is early access.

Personally I dont mind xbox being the testing ground. I would rather it be pc and xbox, and once we lay down the framework for a successful product, ps4 reaps the benefits of a beautiful game. 

Long gone are the days of console wars and fanboys, they are still there, blah blah, but one console laying the framework for the other is fine. 1 console is easier to manage than 2, along with the pc build.

I would hope other games flow this mantra, like xbox has dayZ until 1.0, then ps4 can take it post launch, and I wish the same would go for something like the Forest. Lord knows console exclusive will always happen, but man, would it be nice to have non console specific games except for the big heavy hitting console exclusives (God of war, uncharted, halo, gears, etc)

Game previews should be all platforms at some point. Like I want Green Hell... badly, but my pc cant run it, so I can only hope they do what BI did with DayZ.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Sign in to follow this