RGN Jaeger

FPP Servers

Does anyone have a general idea of when First person servers will come to Xbox? This is somewhat of a feature that should come after the game is stabilized with the major bugs being mashed, but I, and I can assume, more people are ready for these types of servers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully once the game reaches BETA stage maybe FPP servers will become a thing. I know for a fact that the devs are working on controller update which will include FPP freelook to be able to look over shoulder when moving forward and hold breathe functionality whilst scoping in etc. Also in the next couple of months hopefully the game will go from alpha to beta as it was announced yesterday in the PC status report that many previously tested features will return to the PC experimental branch and then be pushed to xbox ASAP. It's only my assumption but I think we will see more server options after this occurs. Here's a link to the status report I hope its useful for you 

49 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Hopefully once the game reaches BETA stage maybe FPP servers will become a thing. I know for a fact that the devs are working on controller update which will include FPP freelook to be able to look over shoulder when moving forward and hold breathe functionality whilst scoping in etc. Also in the next couple of months hopefully the game will go from alpha to beta as it was announced yesterday in the PC status report that many previously tested features will return to the PC experimental branch and then be pushed to xbox ASAP. It's only my assumption but I think we will see more server options after this occurs. Here's a link to the status report I hope its useful for you 

You did read the PC files launch patch notes correct? There is a line of code that will allow server owners to force first person.

Unfortunately it will not be available until after xbox can host servers, and i would not expect that until right before 1.0 or a while after 1.0 launch.

If you want to play hardcore just do it. Doesnt matter If it is locked or not. The arguement that states "oh but while you're in 1st person and others are in 3rd person is unfair..." is not valid as that is the joy of playing fpp or hardcore.

It seriously makes you value your choices and actions. Running right outside a wall into the street could be your demise unless you think of a more safe approach as you couldn't peek the wall.

I honestly think 3rd person breaks immersion, but hey, its whatever. Play hardcore and just have fun, regardless of whether it is locked in perspective or not. 

This is classified as a "Would be nice to have" feature, not a "high priority" feature.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

You did read the PC files launch patch notes correct? There is a line of code that will allow server owners to force first person.

Unfortunately it will not be available until after xbox can host servers, and i would not expect that until right before 1.0 or a while after 1.0 launch.

If you want to play hardcore just do it. Doesnt matter If it is locked or not. The arguement that states "oh but while you're in 1st person and others are in 3rd person is unfair..." is not valid as that is the joy of playing fpp or hardcore.

It seriously makes you value your choices and actions. Running right outside a wall into the street could be your demise unless you think of a more safe approach as you couldn't peek the wall.

I honestly think 3rd person breaks immersion, but hey, its whatever. Play hardcore and just have fun, regardless of whether it is locked in perspective or not. 

This is classified as a "Would be nice to have" feature, not a "high priority" feature.

I hear ya dude and yeah I read the server file release notes. But to be fair the devs haven't directly stated that FPP won't be available till servers for hire are announced after a 1.0 . Even thought that is a fair assumption by all accounts. It'd be very very nice if even three of the numerous region servers have TPP disabled after the controller QOL update happens (whenever that comes), it'd be a quick fix that'd please a lot of players and start the ball rolling on FPP tweaks and fixes aswell as garnering a lot of data on how many players actually want to just play FPP. Always helps to enable your player base to show you what they want so you can react accordingly. I'll keep my fingers crossed but there spinning so many plates at BI already so I feel ya when you say don't get the hopes up ;)