Satanspawn686

Tents?

Is there tents inside the game? Would be nice to store your things jn the woods or something.

if not they should so its not just pvp all the time lol give us something to do!(stock up) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Satanspawn686 said:

Is there tents inside the game? Would be nice to store your things jn the woods or something.

if not they should so its not just pvp all the time lol give us something to do!(stock up) 

Hey,

No, Tents are not currently in the game, but they are planned. Not sure when they will be out, but I'm about 90% sure that they're already in the PC build so fingers crossed for their introduction some time this year?

This game is gonna die fast if some content is not pushed out. Not to be a debby downer but its just pvp, and to me thats not true dayZ. Survival has some pvp not all pvp. I love dayz but the actual lack of content is what making me not enjoy it like i used too. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Satanspawn686 said:

This game is gonna die fast if some content is not pushed out. Not to be a debby downer but its just pvp, and to me thats not true dayZ. Survival has some pvp not all pvp. I love dayz but the actual lack of content is what making me not enjoy it like i used too. 

I think its important they get the game stable first before adding more content. Plus it's only been out a month so give it time. I am keen to see more content but in some ways I quite like the base version

Oh i love the base version but server hopping to get fully kitted and camp coast is just terrible, has to be more ya know? Atleast fix the anoying bugs then add some content then bug fix then add more. 

1 hour ago, Satanspawn686 said:

Listen, all due respect we get it.

However, they had announced pre release that xbox would be missing content. But if you look at some development teams, that content could be reskinned as a season pass or a microtransaction.

The most important thing for a game that is a PC port come to console is not content. It is stability. Once stability happens, the content flows.

Now. To put a timeline in, BI Devs in their road map have speculated that Q1 2019 will be 1.0. Personally I believe it to be Q2-Q3.

I too would like tents, vehicles, more weapons, and more content. But it will come.

Please read the disclaimers on Game Previews.

How does Xbox Game Preview work?

Xbox Game Preview games can be purchased and played like regular titles. Because the games are still in development, they might be missing content, contain bugs, or need extra balancing work that will come later via updates. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-preview-faq

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Satanspawn686 said:

Agree.

It's just loot, drink, eat, jog, drink, shoot a zombie, loot, eat, loot, jog, sprint, jog, drink, loot......

Not fun...at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Agree.

It's just loot, drink, eat, jog, drink, shoot a zombie, loot, eat, loot, jog, sprint, jog, drink, loot......

Not fun...at all

The game is going to die when all the servers show 0 pop.

And considering as how dayZ has been out for 5 years and still has a loyal fanbase.. I wouldnt count on the pessimism. If you dont like where it is at, play something else and come back in a few months

• Like 1

Why won't the XBONE players read about DayZ?

When is it ok to drop your money on something and have 0 understanding of how the product is being made and what it will include in the future?

Reading these threads makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a melon baller.

I'm trying so hard to help you all help yourselves, but you seem to exist in a vacuum where the nearly 5 years of development and discussion are almost completely ignored.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love dayz always will but on a serious note, how long have they been aaying that they are waiting for the game to be more stable lol.

like just give us some content while makkng it more "stable"? Not asking much.

@Bombardingwho are you? Seriously.

I see you post excuses/homebrew fixes in every thread where community members post bugs, issues, features.

I understand that you think (and wish) that your part of the team and know the industry. I will let you have that...

But don't tell anyone to go and play another game. We paid to be beta testers and you wont stop us from posting our thoughts/feedback on here.. understood?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

I see you post excuses/homebrew fixes in every thread where community members post bugs, issues, features.

I understand that you think (and wish) that your part of the team and know the industry. I will let you have that...

But don't tell anyone to go and play another game. We paid to be beta testers and you wont stop us from posting our thoughts/feedback on here.. understood?

No need to attack me. Lol. I'm contributing to the forum like I should. I offer and post solutions all the time...

Ultimately the same logic you use to bash me is the same logic I present. 

I do not wish nor think to be a part of the team or the industry as I am already on a software development team thanks... 

If you're going to post your thoughts and opinions, fantastic. That's exactly what I am doing. There is no need to attack me for offering my support, criticisms or help and advice to people.

14 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

I do not wish nor think to be a part of the team or the industry as I am already on a software development team thanks...

On 9/25/2018 at 5:14 PM, bent.toe said:

..//.. We paid to be beta testers and you wont stop us from posting our thoughts/feedback on here.. understood? ..//..

I don't think you paid to do a beta test on Bombarding .. Everyone likes to hear your comments on the game, no one is trying to stop you playing
..er.. understood ? So - "the game is no fun at all" -  that's your view, I guess some other players share it too.. other folk maybe don't ..

Pretty SOON a LOT of stuff is going to be added in to the Xbox version.. you have the first iteration on Xbox.. Baty Alquawen has said the focus is to bring the PC and Xbox game versions together, so they move in parallel, so that gameplay on one will be the same gameplay on the other, each time new stuff/changes are introduced on one platform they also become new stuff on the other .. 

So you have a simple version (and PC Experimental is a simple version too, right now). As soon as BI has Xbox 1st Iteration ironed out, (secure and solid)  they will add in ALL the other stuff that PC players have lived with. 

So if you like PVP you've got a game already for PVP with some angles that other PVP games don't have - it's like living in a war zone, right? In this game you can get lost and starve before you ever come under fire. That's realistic, that's part of the game. Get to know your way around, this is a big place - then when the 2nd Iteration comes in (SOON) you'll be an old tough player compared to the new people who jump in - and DayZ will be a lot harder & more complicated when that happens.  

- just a thought.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Agree.

Not fun...at all

So what exactly did you want in a zombie survival game? 

52 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

So what exactly did you want in a zombie survival game? 

Base building, vehicles, tents, more guns, hordes lol sorry

But you knew what was in the game at release and what the devs have planned for future updates. At the risk of repeating what many have already said, it's early access and only a month old. If you're really that impatient, play another game and come back to it when it's in a state that you'd like to play it. 

Personally I don't feel that adding lots of extra content necessarily improves a game. The beauty of games like this for me, is that you make your own stories. Most of those stories are created in the interactions with other players. When I watch people like Mr. Blackout play, the interesting aspect is the interactions. He never builds bases or flies helicopters but his gameplay is still interesting. I think games often get spoilt with too much content. I think this happened with minecraft and ark, simplicity encourages imagination. 

I'm not saying I dont want to see all the things you talk about, but I love playing the game without it too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

But you knew what was in the game at release and what the devs have planned for future updates. At the risk of repeating what many have already said, it's early access and only a month old. If you're really that impatient, play another game and come back to it when it's in a state that you'd like to play it. 

Personally I don't feel that adding lots of extra content necessarily improves a game. The beauty of games like this for me, is that you make your own stories. Most of those stories are created in the interactions with other players. When I watch people like Mr. Blackout play, the interesting aspect is the interactions. He never builds bases or flies helicopters but his gameplay is still interesting. I think games often get spoilt with too much content. I think this happened with minecraft and ark, simplicity encourages imagination. 

I'm not saying I dont want to see all the things you talk about, but I love playing the game without it too. 

dayz is just battle royale it Needs change. Deal with the hate and criticism. Brs are only fun for a while, exspecially since this game literally has no progression

Umm, well, no, it isn't battle royale is it. There is no shrinking gameplay area, but you know this already. 

Personally I don't want progression either. I don't want to level up, or unlock new skins, or a shiny badge next to my name on a leader board. The lack of these things is one of this games great appeals to me. I like the finality of character death. I like that you can spend hours gearing up, only to die by sniper, or thirst or a clumsy hillside descent. To me that's what true survival games are about

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

If you think a user has overstepped their bounds report them, dont engage them.

AFAIK, @Bombarding has done nothing wrong apart from advise.

Its not up to you to judge, its up to us.

• Thanks 1

Tents will come, but until the game is advanced along enough to allow the servers to not be reset every few hours then tents really won't be of much help / use.

3 hours ago, Satanspawn686 said:

Base building, vehicles, tents, more guns, hordes lol sorry

Exactly.

Just add stuff instead, just like you have done the past 5 years on PC.

We are on...4th patch so far, 5th?

So empty mag bug is fixed?

Shooting blanks are fixed?

Locked in database is fixed?

Water/eating sound on prone/lockpick is fixed?

Rendering issue while scoped is fixed?

Inventory tiny text is fixed?

Micro management is fixed?

Voip with party chat is fixed?

These are just a few minor hiccups that are reported several weeks ago... if some of these can't be fixed with 4-5 patches then just start adding features so we got something to do instead.

8 hours ago, bent.toe said:

..//..These are just a few minor hiccups that are reported several weeks ago... if some of these can't be fixed with 4-5 patches then just start adding features s..//..

The player Interactions with objects in the game  - mags, inventory, game objects, environment, database saves, other players, persistence, are the CORE of the game - THAT core structure has to be solid and working - otherwise you add in other stuff and end with a MESS.. This is why the patches sound like they are "not interesting" so far. You need the foundation of the gameplay actions to be unbreakable before you can build on that, and then go on to  add the "fancy stuff" that makes it a more fun game.  
What the player sees is really the outside shell of the game structure..Because you don't SEE changes or notice them, doesn't mean BI are not working like hell on fitting the REAL game into Xbox. If they stuck in "everything at once" on a shaky base, then 'everything at once' would just jam up and bug like crazy. It would be hell. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OrLoK said:

If you think a user has overstepped their bounds report them, dont engage them.

AFAIK, @Bombarding has done nothing wrong apart from advise.

Its not up to you to judge, its up to us.

Word, if someone posts advice on a game you can either take it, acknowledge it or simply ignore it, the fact is that @Bombarding is a switched on dude who just wants to help the community so to shit on him back is pretty harsh.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Los Bandito said:

Word, if someone posts advice on a game you can either take it, acknowledge it or simply ignore it, the fact is that @Bombarding is a switched on dude who just wants to help the community so to shit on him back is pretty harsh.

but we have to stay calm otherwise 0rLok (son of Cthulu)  will eat us all.. I swear I've seen it.. {sob} .. I know what he looks like and I don't want anyone to have to go through that.. 

Edited by pilgrim*
Amen.( https://forums.dayz.com/topic/136843-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-2/?do=findComment&comment=1336712 )
  • Haha 2