CarnaeaSavage

Game was fun for a while

25 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I generally join servers with around 30-40 players. Never had a problem with gangs of bandits hogging the coast. That's a pretty big coastline for 59 people to cover. It sounds like you've just had  a bad experience but I doubt that every server is like this. I also tend to join European servers as the American servers I've been in tend to have more kill on sight gangs (in my experience). European servers seem to have more people using voip. I've never had to join an empty server to get off the coast. 

Yes - looking down the Official (public hive ) list - I chose the first medium pop server I come to.. (playing on on PC standard game) .. Ive probably got a well known server I play where I keep a tent or a barrel and know some local people.. but I maybe only go back there from time to time, to drop in ..I go from the top of the list (by ping) and look for a medium pop and play there. After a while you have 3 or 4 servers you play that are good, and a couple that are nasty. Sometimes it's fun to play a session on the nasty ones.. hmm ?  Maybe if some group mistreated me there, I'll go back sometime and scout around see if I can't find their tents & gear. I know already they won't like me if they notice I'm around. So that can make a session interesting .. 
This is why I like public servers. Private, is too limiting for me (but if private is how you want to play.. '..your choice)

Edited by pilgrim*

4 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Shouldnt have to server hop just to get away it just shows the lack of content that people are already so bored that most of them sre just greifing new players. Cant even enjoy the game without going on an empty server kind of sad that they force you to server hop 

It hasn't even been a month. And it's a game preview. foh

• Like 2

You can't explain other ways of playing and facts to some people. Just leave them to suffer. Some people just want to be martyrs. 

5 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Shouldnt have to server hop just to get away it just shows the lack of content that people are already so bored that most of them sre just greifing new players.

Spawn sniping is going to be a thing forever.

My first 2 weeks of playing the mod were basically trying to learn how to get off the beach.

I learned to crawl on belly to tree lines and be very patient in those times.

DayZ is a game where patience almost always pays off (in playing and in waiting for development).

Practice it.

• Like 1

Whose being a martyr? I'm enjoying the game just fine as it is. I'm not on here complaining about a game that I'm still playing regardless. That's a  martyr  :) 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

19 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Whose being a martyr? I'm enjoying the game just fine as it is. I'm not on here complaining about a game that I'm still playing regardless. That's a  martyr  :) 

Did I quote you?? I don't even know who you are or why you've taken my comment so personal, it wasn't aimed at you, I haven't seen your comment if you have commented. What is with this place today.

Edited by CarlTheGooner

@CarlTheGooner

You've already been warned not to have a go at folk, whether folk are assuming X or Y correctly or not doesnt mean you can have a go.

You may not think you have been awkward but from someone reading through this you have come across as the difficult one in general.

Have a cup of tea and relax. Take this as friendly advice.

• Beans 1

26 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

@CarlTheGooner

You've already been warned not to have a go at folk, whether folk are assuming X or Y correctly or not doesnt mean you can have a go.

You may not think you have been awkward but from someone reading through this you have come across as the difficult one in general.

Have a cup of tea and relax. Take this as friendly advice.

Awkward or difficult is a personality thing. All I've done is defend my point and ask someone why they're commenting directly to me when I never mentioned them yet it's me you're trying to set an example of? You're doing it wrong. But ok GG.

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

It hasn't even been a month. And it's a game preview. foh

Ah another pointless comment I hope since you flag me for nonsense this type of comment is getting flagged too. 

43 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Awkward or difficult is a personality thing. All I've done is defend my point and ask someone why they're commenting directly to me when I never mentioned them yet it's me you're trying to set an example of? You're doing it wrong. But ok GG.

If you call someone a "dick". Thats not helping the discussion.

Now move on, guys an gals, please. Mod actions are not up for public debate.

(thread cleaned)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Ah another pointless comment I hope since you flag me for nonsense this type of comment is getting flagged too. 

Stop assuming...

15 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Imma wait it out pretty pointless now the top 5 servers have groups just camping the beaches. Not good enough to fight people with a weapon. 

When the sun will set,

And and the moon will be shy,

Seize the moment and flee,

And leave others to die.

- Tarkules, "DayZ, DayZ, I'm half crazy", 2018 ♧

• Haha 1

Sometimes, a sabbatical is just what’s needed.

After some time, and perhaps a few updates, it’ll create a refreshing point to return.

If you’re ever looking for a few mature people to team up with, feel free to message me.

We all try to establish communication, that is, until hostility is shown towards us.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:03 AM, pilgrim* said:

So choose anther sever and STAY on it... Or beg BI to lock you to one server for all your life. Problem solved.. But is there really ANYBODY who has ALWAYS played on just one server since they started the game?  How you ever going to find out what other servers and the local folk on those servers are like ?  Maybe your favourite DayZ gameplay is just one server away from where you are now, but if you don't go look, you'll never find out about it ?

No you don’t always play on one server, but usually going to another server will start your character fresh, on the coast. Gearing up is a HUGE part of the game. If you want instant gratification, play pubg. 

16 minutes ago, Scott Dixon said:

..//.. usually going to another server will start your character fresh, on the coast ..//..

No problem with server hoppers then.  (yet so many complaints about them?)  .. I must ask Yoda about this.

On 9/25/2018 at 6:07 AM, CarlTheGooner said:

Don't try patronise me because I play smart. Can you imagine how many people would stop playing if there was only 10 servers all full. No one would ever have gear. No one would be able to gear up. It would be tedious and frustrating. This isn't pubg, it's not a level playing field. People are already fully geared when you spawn and they're waiting for you in the spawn towns. Use your common sense and join an empty server, get a backpack and some food and a gun. Then join a full server. It's how I've always done it. Never been killed by a full geared person when I've just started. 

Trying to talk down to me cos you disagree with my totally legitimate way of playing. Dick.

????gonna be helpless when you can't cheat 

I think things will only truly improve once (and if) they add more things that encourage or require teamwork.  Right now, I think there just isn't enough to do.  I think there's so much potential though, hopefully it all comes to be.

Yep I love the game as always have since the mod & buying it on preview is the way to go for the discount. But in all honesty until we have some more controller functionality (hold breathe, free look etc) & some more content it's grown very tiresome very quickly. Sure there's a tonne of people who will continue to play till then and more power to them. I personally played long enough to report as many bugs as possible to help development along but with hit reg, lack of key bindings and such even the PvP feels wonky at best and other than player interaction and PvP there's nothing else to do. Not slating the game or the development team though as it exactly as advertised, a game preview game. Just needs a lot of time and TLC before I will be back in chernarus.