CarnaeaSavage

Game was fun for a while

Imma wait it out pretty pointless now the top 5 servers have groups just camping the beaches. Not good enough to fight people with a weapon. 

Edited by Chris Burton
Add

13 minutes ago, Chris Burton said:

Imma wait it out pretty pointless now the top 5 servers have groups just camping the beaches. Not good enough to fight people with a weapon. 

Log in to some other server - even a medium-slow ping server. Move inland and hide behind a bush or somewhere in a town (get some bandages on the way, ya know?).. have fun, then log out. Log in to one of your top five servers and you'll be far away from the campers, behind a bush, or in a village. Start playing from there.

Also its a good way to check out other servers that aren't the fastest or aren't your top choice. Sometimes they are interesting, and they seem to play ok even if the ping is not fantastic, so you might even add them to your list of faves and hang around there for a while.. ??

ENJOY

Edited by pilgrim*

I agree with you. I want to love this game, I really do and I tried. But in it's current build there just isn't enough to do. 

Before anyone attacks me; I get this is an EA game, completely, I see enough people failing to understand that around here.. I'm fully behind Bohemia and they'd get my vote anytime of the week.

I get it, the game will continue to grow and flourish, but in it's current state of development it's stale, for lack of a better word.

I know this game will eventually become the game everyone wants it to be, it will take time, but for now I'm gonna be taking a back seat, the forums are a good laugh to traipse through.

• Like 2

So what you do is join and empty server, gear up, meet up with someone like me, and we'll go kill these groups. I've taken multiple groups down on my own. Watch Jakon72 videos to learn how to deal with squads ;)

• Beans 1

I saw a FB Group where there's like 20 factions ALL Bandits cannibals and SOSite asswits. Probably them on the beaches. Saddos. Or do opposite. QUIET SERVER get weapons make way back and log back in and deal out punishents.

Shouldnt have to server hop just to get away it just shows the lack of content that people are already so bored that most of them sre just greifing new players. Cant even enjoy the game without going on an empty server kind of sad that they force you to server hop 

The replies on this thread are astounding. People seem to always rag server hoppers, yet we are now encouraging people to actively participate? 

I get it, it's frustrating. There are subtle ways around this though. Either, try to escape and stay on that server or leave and find another, quieter server and make this your home. Don't server hop to collect weapons only to go back to try and complete some form of revenge..

• Thanks 1

Who you talking about? No one's mentioned server hopping. Server hopping is going to the military tents at the end of the airfield and hopping between 4 servers to loot them all. No one's suggested that. We've suggested gearing up on one server and once geared up going to a more fill server... That's common sense. I thought everyone did that. If you're trying to gear up on a full server you're just frustrating and handicapping yourself. 

1 hour ago, CarlTheGooner said:

So what you do is join and empty server, gear up, meet up with someone like me, and we'll go kill these groups.

You've suggested joining an empty server, gearing up then going back to kill the people who have killed him.. 

Edited by droefheid

4 minutes ago, droefheid said:

You've suggested joining an empty server, gearing up then going back to kill the people who have killed him.. 

And? That's smart. That's playing the game. There's a reason you have the same character across all servers. That's not server hopping. I already said what server hopping was. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

And? That's smart. That's playing the game. There's a reason you have the same character across all servers. That's not server hopping. I already said what server hopping was. 

Alright Carl.. xD

'Playing the game'

Edited by droefheid
  • Thanks 1

Don't try patronise me because I play smart. Can you imagine how many people would stop playing if there was only 10 servers all full. No one would ever have gear. No one would be able to gear up. It would be tedious and frustrating. This isn't pubg, it's not a level playing field. People are already fully geared when you spawn and they're waiting for you in the spawn towns. Use your common sense and join an empty server, get a backpack and some food and a gun. Then join a full server. It's how I've always done it. Never been killed by a full geared person when I've just started. 

Trying to talk down to me cos you disagree with my totally legitimate way of playing. Dick.

Edited by CarlTheGooner
  • Haha 2

Bet you're the sort of person that used to complain about people using the M16 on MW or people who sweat pass or just use Ronaldo on FIFA. They're all game mechanics, they're there for a reason.

• Haha 1

Way to go man, posting several different posts instead of adding to the original one (Y). You're right, we aren't arguing here, merely having a debate. If it were a an argument you'd have lost it when you chose to swear at me.

To answer your question, I'm not that 'sort of person' I never played MW2, and I certainly don't play Fifa. But to further this point, switching servers and choosing a certain gun are nothing alike. Being able to switch servers is not really a game mechanic now, is it?

I respect your point though dude, you made a valid come back and defended your point, even if it was a somewhat damp point.

Question for you though; out of 10, how much of a gooner are you?!

Edited by droefheid
  • Confused 1

Fight fight fight lol it's all kicking of in here, I'm selling popcorn if anyone's interested because this is entertainment ;) . Come on guys were all here because we love DayZ to some extent, it's easy to let the games current limited mechanics aggravate or dishearten you. 

Just remember that map knowledge is key in DayZ a groups camping the coast run inland straight after spawn, tbh there's no loot on the coast except fishing boats occasionally if they've not been hit. 

At the end of the day it's a game (in my opinion a great one) if you wanna ghost and get behind a player to kill a player or team because there pinning In freshies or jump to a different server that your prerogative. Most of the people teaming up for these KOS bambi killing squads are kids & they make up the majority of console users. 

Even with more content this will continue to occur so it's best to get that thick skin going now. Anyways love ya guys & remember you'd probably all get on IRL , this post was not meant to offend or aggravate just unify

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Just reminding you guys that this discussion is about finding a good entrance to game servers, not about an ethical evaluation of server switching.

This is starting to get a bit out of hand, so keep your cool and refrain from making this personal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Hey and if you guys are EU players checkout NL855 (last three numbers of server), I play there always through resets no matter the player count & have a lot of friendly survivors who do the same. It'd be cool to see some new friendly faces or even a decent bandit who has a mike and a want for some RP. Just join grab a walkie talkie switch to last frequency and call out for The Yeti Bum, if I'm on I'll come find you & show you that human kindness still exists in Chernarus ;) . And ImpulZ once that controller update drops that you mentioned yesterday I for one will be a happy little survivor, keep up the good works. Dev teams wizards as far as I'm concerned

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Dev teams wizards as far as I'm concerned

I know you probably did not mean it that way, but as you mention it:

Devs are not wizards, they are people that do hard work. Too often folks expect us to do some magic, because game devs seem like wizards. But we can't make things magically appear, behind every small thing you see in the game hides a lot of work. :)

But that was off-topic from my side, sorry for that.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

4 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Devs are not wizards, they are people that do hard work. Too often folks expect us to do some magic, because game devs seem like wizards. But we can't make things magically appear, behind every small thing you see in the game hides a lot of work. :)

Yes and no @ImpulZ I'm just teasing here of course, but I work in a production level software development setting, and some of the sleepless nights, the hard work done under an ever dwindling deadline... it really is wizardry. Yes it's hard work, but it's mainly chai, tea or coffee that is the real wizard ;)

2 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Oh trust I know what you mean dude, you guys & gals pull 7 day weeks and 14+ hour shifts when necessary to get things done. I'm no game dev but I know it's not a career path for the weak of heart or passionless. I'm sure the BI team has spent many nights away for friends and family trying to get a project finished & I for one appreciate it. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Shouldnt have to server hop just to get away it just shows the lack of content that people are already so bored that most of them sre just greifing new players. Cant even enjoy the game without going on an empty server kind of sad that they force you to server hop 

So choose anther sever and STAY on it... Or beg BI to lock you to one server for all your life. Problem solved.. But is there really ANYBODY who has ALWAYS played on just one server since they started the game?  How you ever going to find out what other servers and the local folk on those servers are like ?  Maybe your favourite DayZ gameplay is just one server away from where you are now, but if you don't go look, you'll never find out about it ?

• Like 1

I generally join servers with around 30-40 players. Never had a problem with gangs of bandits hogging the coast. That's a pretty big coastline for 59 people to cover. It sounds like you've just had  a bad experience but I doubt that every server is like this. I also tend to join European servers as the American servers I've been in tend to have more kill on sight gangs (in my experience). European servers seem to have more people using voip. I've never had to join an empty server to get off the coast. 

3 hours ago, droefheid said:

There are 2 or 3 PC public hive servers that are 60 full on Saturday night with people waiting to get in to PVP.. the PVPers go there for their big weekend fight.. but you don't think those players gear up on that server, do you ?? .. they gear up in the week - and have fun too, on SOME OTHER server, and stash their loot there -  and then drop in to the Big Fight all geared up & grinding their teeth an' foaming at the mouth. When they get killed (pretty quick) they log back into their stash on their usual server and gear up again - and do it again.

I guess a lot of players do this if they want PVP .. the PvP servers get a rep fast. Check it out. Some players maybe want to go in there with just a Fire Axe, because that's how they feel, but I guess they mainly find the Axe on their usual server and have it ready when they go across to PvP..  

I don't go in those servers because (a) they are Full.. and (b) I don't hoard much gear and it's like being dropped in the middle of Stalingrad. It's a short lifetime place. Who needs it? And I have a slow reaction time, ya know?  Play how you like, people.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Thanks 1