Not familiar with DayZ history,I know it was an add on and then a stand alone that’s been in development a long time,

i am loving the whole thing at the min and wondered were there various maps in the past or are there any outlined plans to add other maps ?

Only 1 map in standalone, but the mod was done on multiple arma maps throughout the years. I personally would love to see a new map, but the effort to complete is probably too great. I'm not sure it is the developer roadmap, but you never know.

I think the idea is to make chernaus perfect on pc and console, and depending on the success and state of the game after 1.0, maybe, just maybe, if were lucky, a new map may come to stand alone. Personally I would like to see a jungle exclusive map like tanoa in arma 3

Originally, the DayZ mod for ARMA 2 only featured the Chernarus map (link, link). Other ARMA 2 maps were later made compatible with the DayZ mod by fans of the mod, such as Taviana and even original maps like Namalsk.

Currently, I don't think the devs have announced any official maps, but they also haven't said that there won't be any. Long before the modding tools were available, the ARMA 2 DayZ Namalsk creator worked with the DayZ Standalone devs to see what it would take to add a new map to the Standalone. Nowadays I think the Namalsk creator is officially working on DayZ, but has confirmed that he will be releasing Namalsk as an unofficial map for DayZ. Many other fans have also claimed to be working on map mods.

I think that just about sums it all up.

4 hours ago, Whiskey Rebel09 said:

They do have external maps, I think there is an app that has maps? I can look into it more for you if you’d like?

This wasnt what op was asking. They were asking about playable maps and the history behind the other maps which occurred in the arma 2 dayz mod dayz

iZurvive is the app for the current map