wbulot

Did anyone understand how the respawn of zombies are managed?

Hi Everyone,

I'm testing all the different possibilities that are available to us for configuring the server, everything works great, the possibilities are huge.

But I still have a problem that no one seems to be able to solve or understand : how zombies spawn/respawn.

By default, it seems that zombies spawn when a player spawns and only around him. If no player spawns , then no zombies spawn. I'm not talking about the number of zombies (I managed to make 200 zombies spawn in front of me, with events.xml, globals.xml and zombie_territories.xml), but only about the way they spawn/respawn.

Currently :
- If you spawn and you move 200 meters away, no zombies anymore
- If you kill all zombies around you, you can wait as long as you want, nothing respawns.

Where is the configuration part about how zombies spawns/respawn ? How does the server handle this?

Thank you :)

i do remember the devs saying zombies spawn on players they changed them about a year back from always being on the map as it was making performance low so they put it to spawn on players so the more players the more zombies there are but i have noticed there is more zombies in towns where players have been on the officail servers but if no one gose to the towns the zombies are not there. i wish i could make zombies spawn in towns unless we can add in a spawn even to where they spawn in towns like loot

You need to edit the dynamic spawns I'm away from the pc at the minute but I'll find the folder I think it's within the chernarusplus_ai pbo I'll double check when I get back

they dont spawn on player position, they spawn in a predefined position.   

<zone name="InfectedVillage" smin="3" smax="5" dmin="5" dmax="15" x="5400" z="8553" r="60" d="2"/> <!-- Kabanino -->

this is a location for a town kabanino  *Spelt wrong i know*  and as you see, if you get within a 60m radius of that X and Z Area, it will spawn Min 5 Zombies and a max of 15 Zombies. 

So technically they do spawn on player,  But only if you get within that predefined zone range.  so long as you go running out in the middle of the field, you wont find any unless someone added it.  

Im currently in the process of adding tons more zones and tweaking zones based off loot, and locations etc.  

How they respawn is based off the Events.xml file.  but without proper understanding from what each line defines  its sorta hard to adjust values tbh :/ 

id assume 

<event name="InfectedArmy">
        <waves>0</waves>  //Dont know what this means, we can have waves of "hordes" coming?
        <nominal>60</nominal>  //dont know what this means
        <min>36</min> // assuming this is the Min distance?
        <max>250</max> // assuming this is the max distance?
        <lifetime>198</lifetime> // Life time zombies are alive after player leaves area?
        <restock>0</restock> // if they constantly respawn or not?
        <saferadius>110</saferadius> // radius for them not to spawn?
        <distanceradius>55</distanceradius> // radius they spawn to the player?
        <cleanupradius>110</cleanupradius> // cleanup distance from player to zombie before they get deleted
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>player</position>
        <limit>mixed</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="50" min="40" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Autumn"/>    ///////////////
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat"/>          /////////
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="30" min="20" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev"/>        //////
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer"/>       ////////////
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="30" min="20" type="ZmbM_SoldierNormal"/>          ////////////    The type of zombies that will spawn
			<child lootmax="5" lootmin="1" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_SoldierAlice"/>           ///////////     in the given zone
			<child lootmax="5" lootmin="1" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_SoldierHelmet"/>             ///////////
			<child lootmax="5" lootmin="1" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_SoldierVest"/>             ///////////
			<child lootmax="5" lootmin="1" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_SoldierAliceHelmet"/>      //////////
			<child lootmax="5" lootmin="1" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_SoldierVestHelmet"/>      /////////
        </children>

* this is based off how im reading and understanding the code.   For the events.xml  we def need a little more understanding of what line does exactly what so we can fine tune our servers.     im messing around with the settings on my test server now and seeing what i can come up with. 

Edited by cody0520