Sign in to follow this  
CaptainFist

Private Shard Shared Database

How to Link 2 or more Servers to Share a Private Hive? 

not sure but i think i have seen it in 0.60 /0.61  on resellers...

Currently in the server.cfg

instanceId = 1;         // DayZ server instance id to identify number of instances per box and their storage folders with persistence files

Set them with the same number.

Ok, but i mean not the complete Storage, only the Characters.   like Public hive you have the same char on every server...

Your example is practically the same server.

I want link two servers which don´t share a virtual oder real maschine...  

On 2018. 9. 24. at 11:58 PM, CaptainFist said:

Ok, but i mean not the complete Storage, only the Characters.   like Public hive you have the same char on every server...

Your example is practically the same server.

I want link two servers which don´t share a virtual oder real maschine...  

sorry, my english is bad. first make diffrent server.cfg

and edit server.cfg files. must change instanceid like this

instanceId = 1; and

instanceId = 2; 

maybe second server will be 2. start second server and shutdown 

now you can check Dayzserver\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_2. and delete players.db in storage_2

and open cmd (need administration permission) and

mklink !!!your path!!!\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\players.db !!!your path!!!\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_2\players.db

i had simple test and it was work. but didnt test in real service state :P

you can check in my servers

183.102.2.130:2302

183.102.2.130:2303

Edited by ddno

Don´t belive this works.

What happens if two servers try to Save in the same file at the same time...

Ps: i know how to share folders and i understand your suggest, but what i want to know is how the real tings works...  This Feature exist in the Program.

yes. it's not a perfect solution. can block insert and update query if other server using db. so i'm testing but all korean users gone.. :( can't test enough.

sorry

i didn't find any db configure..

Edited by ddno

This will not work. SQLite files are locked by default to the program accessing them when the server is running. The 2nd server will fail to connect to the players db properly and will likely get all sorts of errors. This is not a viable solution.

i think sever process lock db in short time. not always. but it will be problem in many players in the server situation. i know its not perfect but i just found a way. ㅠ_ㅠ

Edited by ddno

You'll find bigger problems after a while.

To others, I suggest avoid this method. There are viable solutions out there but most forums are shutting down threads because BI specifically said not to try sharding.

Server Hoster do this today, the developers know how to set this...

Private shard Hive Master and Slave....

• Like 1

Bohemia have not released the sharding capability outside of GSP hosts and their own official servers.

We just have to wait for a legit solution from Bohemia for now.

On 2018. 10. 10. at 10:37 AM, ddno said:

sorry, my english is bad. first make diffrent server.cfg

and edit server.cfg files. must change instanceid like this

instanceId = 1; and

instanceId = 2; 

maybe second server will be 2. start second server and shutdown 

now you can check Dayzserver\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_2. and delete players.db in storage_2

and open cmd (need administration permission) and

mklink !!!your path!!!\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_1\players.db !!!your path!!!\DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\storage_2\players.db

i had simple test and it was work. but didnt test in real service state :P

you can check in my servers

183.102.2.130:2302

183.102.2.130:2303

I'm Using this way. no problem in 2 months. but after 1.0 lanch, max 140 players connecting my servers(2 servers).  I had "connection to database not working players cannot be saved" Error issue. i think its looks like disk I/O performance(Used SSD. DB Size 7Mb) and now testing DATABASE file on RAM Disk(must need realtime backup). now.. connecting 100 players.. i think solved issue..

Edited by ddno

19 minutes ago, ddno said:

I'm Using this way. no problem in 2 months. but after 1.0 lanch, max 140 players connecting my servers(2 servers).  I had "connection to database not working players cannot be saved" Error issue. i think its looks like disk I/O performance(Used SSD. DB Size 7Mb) and now testing DATABASE file on RAM Disk(must need realtime backup). now.. connecting 100 players.. i think solved issue..

i am think need write developvers game for share normal private master shard for creating more one database

9 minutes ago, AXEL777 said:

i am think need write developvers game for share normal private master shard for creating more one database

sure. I think so. its just makeshift solution.