Larry Brill

Vehicles

There are 42,000 items that match thos search criteria.

https://forums.dayz.com/search/?&q=Vehicles&item=239884&sortby=relevancy

The team has stated vehicles are coming. Please be patient. We are 1 month in and there are far more pressing items needed other than having vehicles.

We are on v0.63.148 I wouldnt expect vehicles until v0.70.0-v0.75.0

Considering as how I can go from Stary Yar which is just shy of the most northern bits on the map, to Solinichy in 1.5hr walk, while looting and shooting people, I'm not fussed right now. We need tents, QoL, Guns, Clothes and Game Patches more than vehicles.

Edited by Bombarding
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Had it only been a month!? Well sheeeeet, feels like at least 3!

Actually it launched Aug 29, and its Sept 23. Not even a month.

• Like 1

Also @Larry Brill you can check out the pinned thread in the Console > Xbox, structure by @RaptorM60

Where they states:

Are there cars, helicopters, and base-building on Xbox?

No, not right now, but before leaving Game Preview, we'd like to have both on Xbox One. Especially cars play an important role in the DayZ gameplay!

Which can be found here:

11 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Actually it launched Aug 29, and its Sept 23. Not even a month.

You wanna try 5+ years. 

Just now, [Gen]Adzic said:

You wanna try 5+ years. 

Well I was gonna give console the benefit of the doubt. But yes. 5 years hahaha @[Gen]Adzic

6 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

As in flyable helicopters? That's gonna suck. Not feeling that. I think bikes and buses yeah, choppers? Hell naw!

Flyable heli man. I think from the files that one of the older contributors posted about, even if they are weaponized there will be LMGs and Rocket Launchers to fight them.

But man, nothing is more tense than finding a heli spawn, no parts, so you get parts then there is 5 people there, so you gotta fight em, only to barely make it out alive and crash because you forgot to refuel. 

Plus crossing map takes minutes. It's mainly for end game players who store at a base, pick up their friend in the coast, bring em to base and then move.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

There are 42,000 items that match thos search criteria.

https://forums.dayz.com/search/?&q=Vehicles&item=239884&sortby=relevancy

The team has stated vehicles are coming. Please be patient. We are 1 month in and there are far more pressing items needed other than having vehicles.

We are on v0.63.148 I wouldnt expect vehicles until v0.70.0-v0.75.0

Considering as how I can go from Stary Yar which is just shy of the most northern bits on the map, to Solinichy in 1.5hr walk, while looting and shooting people, I'm not fussed right now. We need tents, QoL, Guns, Clothes and Game Patches more than vehicles.

Yep it'll be sometime before we see any major content update me thinks. Half the buttons aren't bound yet & the dev teams still working through issues that have been logged on PC for months. Patience is the name of the game when it comes to DayZ.

but yeah I believe planes will also be reintroduced aswell as choppers and an assortment of ground vehicles. But remember this is Dayz hardcore survival, you may find a car if your lucky but then you gotta find all the parts to fix said car before you can use it which would usually mean running to an industrial zone or several and carrying heavy parts back to vehicle only to find it's being camped by someone waiting for you to fix it and steal from you after wasting you or someone's already fixed it a driven away lol. But that's what makes Dayz so fun. But yeah you can run from the coast upto numerous mil bases in 30mins so it's not exactly a grind right now