Brandon Bierman

Character locked in database

Question

20 answers to this question

In case of character locked in database:

• Wait at least 20 seconds when reconnecting to a server
  • In case of a server crash, characters can be locked for longer periods
  • Locked characters are freed every hour

if your character lock is persistent for multiple hours or days, report to our Feedback Tracker with your player ID which is displayed in the main menu of your game.

Edited by ImpulZ

My character has been locked in a database. all I wanna do is just play the game someone help plz my GAMERTAG is : ExtremeSN1P3R 1

I found a quick fix don't necessarily know if it works for everybody but when you're trying to load into a server just cut the whole game off like dashboard and quit out of the game and then go back into the game and it should have your player unlocked from the database

Me and my friends got locked in data base trying to join a server ??

Only thing we tired to join two server and they both kicked us and the. Try to join last one and said char locked in data base on xbox ??? Gamer tags ScaryFawn631545  RJONES KILL U  xH8Rx GOW PRO

Happening almost daily. Most recently I have been in "character locked in database" for the last 3 hours.  Does not appear to have any specific cause other than being kicked, which I would assume was due to a bad ping, reset or other comm issue.  Has been a recurring issue, but seems to have gotten worse since the last update.  Thanx

Playing on XboX One,

Gtag WildMeowthLv43. 

46 minutes ago, Shthappensbro said:

Me and my friends got locked in data base trying to join a server ??

Only thing we tired to join two server and they both kicked us and the. Try to join last one and said char locked in data base on xbox ??? Gamer tags ScaryFawn631545  RJONES KILL U  xH8Rx GOW PRO

It isnt the most optimal solution, but if you wait 30min - 1 hr you will be unlocked. 

Someone has claimed that if you see the countdown message, if you force quit gsme and reload it will unlock you. Unable to verify though. 

Any time it happens to me I normally take my dog out, or watch an episode or 2 of futurama and I'm good.

31 minutes ago, Andrew Newsham said:

Happening almost daily. Most recently I have been in "character locked in database" for the last 3 hours.  Does not appear to have any specific cause other than being kicked, which I would assume was due to a bad ping, reset or other comm issue.  Has been a recurring issue, but seems to have gotten worse since the last update.  Thanx

Playing on XboX One,

Gtag WildMeowthLv43. 

Since the last update it disabled the reset timer in game. That's item one. So you never know what period of the reset cycle you are in. 

Its calmed down the past few days but there have been many reports of random kicks. I'm chalking it up to a connection bug and will hopefully be addressed in this weeks patch.

Have no fear, be patient. Devs will sort it out asap. 

No that doesn't work lol bad thing is when u join a server back to back and they reset right when u load it can lock u out happened to use it sucks 

So I downloaded the new update on xbox (Sep 25th on the xbox one x) got on tried joining a server and it says character locked in database(multiple times). Is there anyway to fix this issue or do I have to wait for a new update? --Havent had any issues with the game untill this new update. Now i cant even join a server.

Edited by xbox-Tipsier
more detail

2 hours ago, xbox-Tipsier said:

So I downloaded the new update on xbox (Sep 25th on the xbox one x) got on tried joining a server and it says character locked in database(multiple times). Is there anyway to fix this issue or do I have to wait for a new update? --Havent had any issues with the game untill this new update. Now i cant even join a server.

Unfortunately I too have noticed that occasionally I am locked when I first load. Just wait 30 min to an hour and you should be unlocked

I've had this a number of times - except now, since reading the forums "if the server kicks you" for what ever reason - WAIT at least 1 min before rejoining. I haven't been locked since.

I think the devs could save a lot of locking if they add a simple cool-down for server kicks. As well as logging off from a server for any battle loggers. Until they release a PVE version you will always get server hoppers - which is where I think a lot of people are mixed up with battle logs. Just a thought :)

4 hours ago, dynodunk69 said:

I've had this a number of times - except now, since reading the forums "if the server kicks you" for what ever reason - WAIT at least 1 min before rejoining. I haven't been locked since.

I think the devs could save a lot of locking if they add a simple cool-down for server kicks. As well as logging off from a server for any battle loggers. Until they release a PVE version you will always get server hoppers - which is where I think a lot of people are mixed up with battle logs. Just a thought :)

They claim there is a timer for logging etc. But yesterday I joined like 20 servers within 10 minutes and it only started the cooldown thing once I tried to join an empty server. Then theres people who get locked out after server restart. Seems almost random because some people get locked out for days and they didnt even hop a server. If you dont feel like waiting just join foreign servers and always quit out if it gets down to attempt 2 and retry a different server. It will eventually work. Idk if its just me but it seems to also help if you join a foreign server for example say ive been to 3 US servers if I go to a 4th US server it may begin the countdown but if I go to a RU or NL server it wont. 

the countdown I think is just to join a crowded server. The actual population count is not always accurate but I don't think rejoining any kind of server helps locked characters, just coincidence. Your data is locked into a server. it won't release until the server says so. After kicks or crash the server needs a minute to reset its environment. then it can safely release your data. if you rejoin in this process it will bug out and lock you until the server self resets again. Always wait 1 min, no less before rejoining after crash or kick. I've not been locked  in since, touch wood! :D

Hi there, 

I have been enjoying learning the game and look forward to future updates but now have came across locked in database error got kicked from a server couple of nights ago cant remember server i was in tried waiting 30 mins and still locked in just wondering how long it takes for devs to unlock 

Gamertag: biggertam

my team got locked in database after the serevr we where on reset.

Pkr steve, Sweaty Dan and GSG I shadzz

The game is great, yes I do love it, but the annoying BUG I keep getting is character locked in database after I just logged in once today. This is my second time posting regarding my character (and I’m sure others as well) locked in database once again especially after logging in once today!

Edited by QuintonShaw

6 minutes ago, QuintonShaw said:

The game is great, yes I do love it, but the annoying BUG I keep getting is character locked in database after I just logged in once today. This is my second time posting regarding my character (and I’m sure others as well) locked in database once again especially after logging in once today!

You guys must have terrible luck or arent being 100% honest. Ive hopped servers half a dozen times before it starts the countdown and then I switch from US servers to NL servers and the countdown stops. If its true my bad but it seems very unlikely all these people getting locked out for days at a time claiming they only went to one server. Its locked me out 30 minutes tops and that was just hopping server to server to see what the fuss is about. It takes like 10 server hops to lock you out and that can be totally avoided as I mentioned above

Using inventory game crashed tried to log back in now character is locked in database. 

Gt Aquaregia717 

How do I sort this