mrwolv

Item Weight please help

dose anyone know how to change item weight would be really usefull

Edited by mrwolv
need reply

5 hours ago, mrwolv said:

bumping post :D

I think items weight is set on an individual basis on each item in the items script, not exactly sure but I think it maybe the case, you could possibly edit somewhere in the weight stamina area to have it so max weight before encumbrance is higher, again this is only theory.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

9 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

do you know how to Edited Weight System

Nope. I feel like I've opened every file and haven't found anything related to individual item weights.

Just now, smasht said:

Nope. I feel like I've opened every file and haven't found anything related to individual item weights.

ive found the item barrel what i want to change but it dosent change for me

{
        displayName="$STR_CfgVehicles_Barrel_ColorBase0";
        descriptionShort="$STR_CfgVehicles_Barrel_ColorBase1";
        model="\dz\gear\containers\55galDrum.p3d";
        overrideDrawArea="8.0";
        SingleUseActions[]={527};
        InteractActions[]={1025,1026};
        ContinuousActions[]={155};
        attachments[]=
        {
            "BerryR",
            "BerryB",
            "Plant",
            "Nails",
            "OakBark",
            "BirchBark",
            "Lime",
            "Disinfectant",
            "Guts"
        };
        destroyOnEmpty=0;
        varQuantityDestroyOnMin=0;
        quantityBar=1;
        carveNavmesh=1;
        canBeDigged=0;
        weight=4000;            <---------------------------------WAS 10KG NOW 4KG
        itemSize[]={9,16};
        stackedUnit="ml";
        randomQuantity=2;
        liquidContainerType="1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 + 256 + 512 + 1024 + 2048 + 4096 + 8192 + 16384 + 32768 - (1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 + 128 + 256)";
        varQuantityInit=0;
        varQuantityMin=0;
        varQuantityMax=200000;
        absorbency=0.1;
        physLayer="item_large";
        allowOwnedCargoManipulation=1;

4 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

ive found the item barrel what i want to change but it dosent change for me

Where did you find that? Have you tried other items to see if they are effected at all?

Edited by smasht

that was in the  Addons\gear_containers\ config.bin but no matter what i change it has no effect

24 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

that was in the  Addons\gear_containers\ config.bin but no matter what i change it has no effect

How did you open this file? I've tried using a few different programs and the only one that doesn't give me an error just seems like it's continuously trying to open it.

Just now, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

How did you open this file? I've tried using a few different programs and the only one that doesn't give me an error just seems like it's continuously trying to open it.

grab arma 3 tools from steam, and then you need to unpack with cfgconvter and to repack just add it the other way around

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

I use ArmA UnBin

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=229

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

can you confirm the right way to rebin the file up or adding back to pbo so i know im doing it correctly please

Tbh I haven't tried to rebin, you can just repack the pbo with the .cpp, it does not need to be rebinned while you develop afaik.

Edited by smasht

Just now, smasht said:

Tbh I haven't tried repacking, you can just repack the pbo with the .cpp, it does not need to be rebinned while you develop.

dosent work for me it stops the items loading in game im trying to change the weight for or gives me a error on server startup

2 minutes ago, smasht said:

Tbh I haven't tried repacking, you can just repack the pbo with the .cpp, it does not need to be rebinned while you develop.

changed 1 line from weight = 10000; to weight =3000; gives me the below error after ive readded it to the pbo and started server and thats with the ArmAUnbin

http://prntscr.com/l0hkwx

if i use the tools

arma 3 tools from steam, unpack with cfgconvter and to repack  add it back to the pbo the server starts but the item dose not spawn

i have tryed to re bin the files up with no luck in the server with the item spawning i have even reset the database for loot each time and nothing

as iceman says in the stamina file you can add weight penalty its set at 50kg i believe so if you set it to 100kg double carry weight

I get the same result as you when changing those values (doesn't reflect in-game), maybe those values need to be changed on both client and server?

Yep, changing it on client as well as server works, so each player would need to download this "mod". I had to disable verify signatures since I had modifed data.

Perhaps there is some way do an override in the mission file instead?

Edited by smasht

7 hours ago, smasht said:

I get the same result as you when changing those values (doesn't reflect in-game), maybe those values need to be changed on both client and server?

Yep, changing it on client as well as server works, so each player would need to download this "mod". I had to disable verify signatures since I had modifed data.

Perhaps there is some way do an override in the mission file instead?

the only thing i have noticed with barrels if you change them from 10kg to anything lower your able to crouch pick them up then crouch run lol but just not whilest standing

Just now, mrwolv said:

the only thing i have noticed with barrels if you change them from 10kg to anything lower your able to crouch pick them up then crouch run lol but just not whilest standing

I only tested with press vest, worked fine when done with both client and server, I changed it from 14kg to under 1kg.

Just now, smasht said:

I only tested with press vest, worked fine when done with both client and server, I changed it from 14kg to under 1kg.

but dose it let you in official servers ?

5 hours ago, mrwolv said:

but dose it let you in official servers ?

Nope it should not cause you got then "corrupted data" (edited PBO and the "dayz.bikey" does not match with it ("ServerMainDirectory"\keys)) I konw ith from ArmA2 got it to edit the AS50 bullet hit the zed on Server at same i shot over a distance of 2 km without zeroing and up aiming   just needed to add the key from the new pbo soo…

greetz Gondalf

I believe there is client sided checks on weight, If you disable weight server sided the client won't agree with it and run turns into a slow jog speed with the run animation.

7 hours ago, KILLJOY13 said:

I believe there is client sided checks on weight, If you disable weight server sided the client won't agree with it and run turns into a slow jog speed with the run animation.

I can confirm the opposite actually, you get the jog animation and move at run speed.