GeneralSteps

Just wondering about vehicles.

Hey i'm a new fan and player of DAYZ. My friend got this game after we have been playing PUBG like non stop and watching him it immediately caught my attention! Picked up my copy on the xbox store and have been enjoying it since. Just curious if there is plans to add driving vehicles at any point? The map is very large and though i enjoy traveling and surviving, i cant wait to put this car battery i found to good use. Finding my friends in game and meeting up is extremely hard, usually having to figure out where the hell we are by signs and then ending up having to walk miles just to meet up, every single time mind you since people are constant playing and moving. Cars will really help with player to player interaction/ squad interaction.

Vehicles will be coming to the PC version somewhere in the upcoming months. So there is a good chance Xbox will see it this year as well. Don't quote me on it though.

From what i've seen though vehicles on PC are extremely laggy af, so even when we get vehicles dont expect them to work very well

• Beans 1

Vehicles are part of a heavily immersive process that will not be immediate. Many a bugs will need to be worked out when they do come (such is the software development lifecycle) however the devs have stated it is in the roadmap for PC as well as xbox before 1.0 launch.

I too would like very much to see vehicles come around the time of based. As that makes the most sense. Although I could do 1 before the other. 

I would imagine the next content patch will be weapons and clothes and QoL stuff, and I'm not sure how quickly the devs escalate their versioning system, but as we are on v0.63.148 right now, I'd imagine tents probably in the v0.70.0-v0.75.0 patch range, and cars/trucks in the v0.80.0-v0.85.0 range, with helicopters in the v0.85.0-v0.90.0 range. 

I think the next content and QoL update will be around the v0.65.0 range

Vehicles are coming. They're currently working on a usable sedan, a truck and a light airplane. Like Bombarding said though, it'll probably be a good while before they're introduced into the game.

Vehicles, from what I’ve seen of earlier pc builds were wonky as all hell.

Hopefully, they get revamped before being implemented again.

Checkout  the latest Status report for PC which has a lot mentioned about XBOX too. Long story short in the next 2 months experimental and stable will move too BETA! And many mechanics will return aswell as vehicles and basebuilding elements. They also state that this BETA build will be pushed to xbox ASAP after it goes to PC. Fingers crossed all goes well and we see it within next 3-4 months or before.

heres the link for the status update 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1