Major Plums

BLUE ARMBAND = PEACE

I like the idea, but like others have said... getting the whole gaming community behind that would be next to impossible. But, I will agree not to fire on players in UN gear unless they fire at me first. It's got to start somewhere. :)

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

I like the idea, but like others have said... getting the whole gaming community behind that would be next to impossible. But, I will agree not to fire on players in UN gear unless they fire at me first. It's got to start somewhere. :)

Already started. Twice today guys with UN helmet and blue armband opened fire on me. Sneaky sneaky bandits lol

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Already started. Twice today guys with UN helmet and blue armband opened fire on me. Sneaky sneaky bandits lol

Yeah, sadly it happened to me last night. Saw a player in the woods near the green mountain broadcast tower wearing a UN helmet, blue flak vest and blue armband. I called out to him from some foliage and he immediately started shooting in my vicinity. I had to put him down... Oh well, I'll keep trying anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

Yeah, sadly it happened to me last night. Saw a player in the woods near the green mountain broadcast tower wearing a UN helmet, blue flak vest and blue armband. I called out to him from some foliage and he immediately started shooting in my vicinity. I had to put him down... Oh well, I'll keep trying anyway.

Yep always assume someone's hostile, plus due to lack of content, vehicles etc people see each other so infrequently they tend to freak out when confronted with another player. The prevalent KOS attitude will subside slightly when it goes beta .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yep always assume someone's hostile, plus due to lack of content, vehicles etc people see each other so infrequently they tend to freak out when confronted with another player. The prevalent KOS attitude will subside slightly when it goes beta .

So true! I rarely run into players outside of hot zones and have only had one pleasant conversation inside of an evacuation zone with two players who were working together. I was sure they were going to shoot me when I exited the tent I was in, but they kept their guns slung and we talked for a bit. Every other time I've been in these areas, it was just shoot-shoot-shoot and hope to survive.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

So true! I rarely run into players outside of hot zones and have only had one pleasant conversation inside of an evacuation zone with two players who were working together. I was sure they were going to shoot me when I exited the tent I was in, but they kept their guns slung and we talked for a bit. Every other time I've been in these areas, it was just shoot-shoot-shoot and hope to survive.

Yep love the psychology behind this game, it's like a big social experiment. I've had many solo players shoot at me & then after I comm to them I'm friendly and have no intention if killing them they more often than not talk back and we end up trading or travelling together for abit. Most people haven't even seen anyone yet, they may have been alive for many play sessions just looting on low pop servers then go into a high pop server find someone suddenly and lose there minds momentarily with stress at the thought of losing there stuff lol. Best way to play if you want to be a hero or simply find others to play with, is to have zero regard for your characters life & risk it all everytime you see another player. Best advise is keep weapons in backpack rather than in hands or on back so your visually less of a threat (just make sure you have your weapon loaded and ready to go in you top quick select slot so you can just hold Y if it pops off

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Yep love the psychology behind this game, it's like a big social experiment. I've had many solo players shoot at me & then after I comm to them I'm friendly and have no intention if killing them they more often than not talk back and we end up trading or travelling together for abit. Most people haven't even seen anyone yet, they may have been alive for many play sessions just looting on low pop servers then go into a high pop server find someone suddenly and lose there minds momentarily with stress at the thought of losing there stuff lol. Best way to play if you want to be a hero or simply find others to play with, is to have zero regard for your characters life & risk it all everytime you see another player. Best advise is keep weapons in backpack rather than in hands or on back so your visually less of a threat (just make sure you have your weapon loaded and ready to go in you top quick select slot so you can just hold Y if it pops off

I have yet to KoS and I don't plan to resort to it. I try to avoid groups and I always run from sniper fire if I'm not killed by the first shot. I've probably spent 80% of my game time in the woods, but I plan to make more trips to the coast to help out fresh spawns. :)

• Thanks 1

On 26/09/2018 at 6:16 PM, Mpmax said:

I feel there should be a universal hero uniform.  Blue un helmets. Blue bands maybe.. Blue paramedic pants. Etc. Idkjust an idea 

I like it! I hear there is a press vest that is bulletproof? How cool would it be to wander into a town close to death from dehydration and be greeted by two guards in blue who can direct you to the trader, medic, bar, etc? You could RP your heart out!

Edited by Major Plums
Typos
  • Like 2

On 27/09/2018 at 3:16 AM, Mpmax said:

I feel there should be a universal hero uniform.  Blue un helmets. Blue bands maybe.. Blue paramedic pants. Etc. Idkjust an idea 

It’s good in theory but i reckon it will be used to trick folk as much as it’s used for good

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

It’s good in theory but i reckon it will be used to trick folk as much as it’s used for good

All you’d need to do is use the public address system to inform settlers that there is counterfeit peace keepers about?

• Like 1

this armband thing - has anyone suggested insignia's other than just colours? not sure whats planned yet need to look it up

• Like 1

major plums what's your gamertag on xbox me and my group can help you were in no shape or fashion heros but were not full blown KOS we help when needed and kill when needed I can teach you what each armband means

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2018 at 1:58 PM, Major Plums said:

I like it! I hear there is a press vest that is bulletproof? How cool would it be to wander into a town close to death from dehydration and be greeted by two guards in blue who can direct you to the trader, medic, bar, etc? You could RP your heart out!

Lol ever played ark? Wont happen unless its full Blown pve. Good try though.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:06 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Nothing like this will ever work.

The MOD had hero and bandit skins and people could exploit that to murder in a hero skin.

The only hope for a server with less KoS will be whitelisted private servers.

PvP is what you all are programmed for by countless other games.

Most PvPers burn out much faster and move onto their next shooter.

Those of us who enjoy the whole game tend to get more longevity out of the experience.

/open sarcasm - What really makes DayZ great are "sniper gods" and ooooo creepy crazy cannibals. /close sarcasm

We need PvP, we need murderers and bandits (there is a difference).

But we also WANT more than CoD.

Lol. I think youre pver exaggerating. Ive been playing dayz for years and ill i do is kill. Cod is way easier than this. Its obvious youre not a pvp player or a shooter player. I feel youre a 3rd person prone snipe camper.

Blue armbands won't work. Simply because a bandit could do the same, and then slaughter bambis. 

I ran into a blue armband in a town last night, it was a low pop server and the town was towardsthe middle of the map. Gorka i think it was called.

I didn't see the guy at first, i was oblivious to the fact he was even their. He must of known i was about tho8gh because he camped in a room. 

When i opened the door he was waiting with a pistol. I didn't want to fight and risk death so turned tail and ran. Because i hadn't long since spawned i had naff gear, though i did find an M4 at a checkpoint enroute. 

Anyway, this blue armband dude starts chasing me with his pistol (granted he didn't shoot, or was a terrible shot!) And was hounding me, so in the end i pulled out my M4 and stood my ground. 

He then ran off. 

Simply,  trust no one! Only friends. 

On 9/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Duh. The point is for OTHER HEROS to notice... many of you don't have critical thinking skills.....just mindless trolls

On 9/27/2018 at 11:58 AM, Major Plums said:

Yeq. I'm in a full blown franchise clan  and we will have control of a server and will treat all survivors as guests until given a reason not to.... right now tho it's free for all unless youre one of the Better players who is trying to be a hero already... running and gunning is for the less skilled gamers

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 9:16 PM, Chris Burton said:

Maybe you were a bandit to them.  I doubt I were a bambi

16 minutes ago, Mpmax said:

Duh. The point is for OTHER HEROS to notice... many of you don't have critical thinking skills.....just mindless trolls

You have a very high opinion of yourself. No need to throw abusive remarks around

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mpmax said:

Thanks for that... 

Take a chill pill mate, why the attitude? I know how to gauge someone’s intentions from their behaviour. I don’t want the game to start having outfits like the mod that show your  apparent play style right off the bat, and for someone to decide what I am from what I wear.

I’m not interested in trolling anyone and “if” I had to decide I’d prefer to kill bandits and KoS fools, having been victim to them plenty of times, But I’d enjoy making an exception for you. 

I find the game much more interesting to play moment by moment instead of funneling it into a “good” vs. “bad” type thing. 

50 minutes ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Thanks for that... 

Take a chill pill mate, why the attitude? I know how to gauge someone’s intentions from their behaviour. I don’t want the game to start having outfits like the mod that show your  apparent play style right off the bat, and for someone to decide what I am from what I wear.

I’m not interested in trolling anyone and “if” I had to decide I’d prefer to kill bandits and KoS fools, having been victim to them plenty of times, But I’d enjoy making an exception for you. 

I find the game much more interesting to play moment by moment instead of funneling it into a “good” vs. “bad” type thing. 

Hes recruiting for his pro clan though XD incase you are interested

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2018 at 10:11 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You have a very high opinion of yourself. No need to throw abusive remarks around

It's just sad gamers are losing common sense with each new generation