Major Plums

BLUE ARMBAND = PEACE

Can we all agree that if you wear a blue armband you are a peaceful player who will interact and trade with others? No KOS, no griefing, no bondage or torture. If you have a UN helmet even better! Let’s try and get a sense of community going. #sunflowersoftheapocalypse

• Like 1

Anyone = shot dead, especially armband wearers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Beans 1

Trust nobody and blend into the surroundings. Bright colors makes it easier for you to be seen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I always try and talk to people when I first see them if I can get to a position where I have an advantage or they can't see me. This will be a really difficult idea to get across because not all players use the forums!

• Thanks 1

I dont even try to talk if im geared. You will always get killed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Any bandits in here wanna team up and kill the good guys? I promise I won't double cross you -_-

I see your come back since leaving the game has turned you to the dark side! ???

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Major Plums said:

Can we all agree that if you wear a blue armband you are a peaceful player who will interact and trade with others? No KOS, no griefing, no bondage or torture. If you have a UN helmet even better! Let’s try and get a sense of community going. #sunflowersoftheapocalypse

First, gather up some peace keepers.

Then, take over a city on a specific server and make it your base. This means you clean the streets of zombies by UN patrol, whatever is needed to make it safe as long as possible.

Then expand your patrols to some known spawn locations and help and rescue those who are in trouble.

If you do all that, only then, the UN can be recognized as a "peace keeper" force in Cherno.

You don't need to ask for recognition, you do whatever is needed to be recognized.

If you do that - you'll have even my support, I like the idea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Lol I dont shoot on sight but hide and try to talk my way into peaceful interactions. So far its worked well for me. Iv yet to die but Iv been forced to kill 4 players. 3 geared players were very friendly but both agreed to go seperate ways and loot specific parts of a area. If any crossed into the others zone it would be considered hostile action. Trust no one people will always betray you. Others were freshies suprised I did not kill on site. I shared a can of food or pop with them and we seperate. Now for the dummies that shot at me they all died. I always have some one hiding to provided cover. When I interact with a player its because I see them fist generally and chose too. I did have one guy almost kill me with a kitchen knife due to glitched gun but I switched to 4 5 and got a lucky hip fire headshot. My recomendation is to hide and avoid all people. If you going to shoot someone be prepared you never really know how many may be with your target or some else may be near you. Lol Im always looking for banditos to take care of though. Flower power with a AK baby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

I see your come back since leaving the game has turned you to the dark side! ???

I only stopped playing for a couple of days cos I was salty. After trying and trying and trying and trying to talk to people only to get no response, (games fault or not) or getting shot in the back, yeah now I pretty much bandit my way around. 

Unless someone's dressed for obvious banditry I don't KOS and try never too tbh. If someone's travelling with there gun holstered or on there back I always try and initiate conversation or trade.  More often than not it doesn't end in blood shed but I can imagine if your not a chatty friendly sounding dude like me or are a younger player some players may kill you out of distrust or fear. Most people are afraid of losing there loot so bad that they freak out and shoot first but I've had many occasions where I've talked the person down and evaded rather than drawing my own weapon & this usually always calms them down if you keep talking. Also always exchange names straight away, it's hard to kill someone when they have a name lol, not just walkin loot anymore. But peacekeepers I'm actually more wary of , I've seen guys in full blues with UN helmets mowing down fresh spawns literally on the coastline which tbh is scummy at best. But as I say if your guns on your back and I can talk to you from cover then I'll always try and communicate. Plus I always helps fresh spawns, especially new players in order show them that there are friendly survivors and warn them about high PvP areas. Plus I'm no fool I do warn people that most players will KOS so don't assume every dudes gonna give you a open tin of beans and a water bottle. Already the most fun I've had in the game is interaction with other players, the shooting mechanics are so broke ATM that if your playing dayz for combat then your doing yourself a disservice 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Unless someone's dressed for obvious banditry I don't KOS and try never too tbh. If someone's travelling with there gun holstered or on there back I always try and initiate conversation or trade.  More often than not it doesn't end in blood shed but I can imagine if your not a chatty friendly sounding dude like me or are a younger player some players may kill you out of distrust or fear. Most people are afraid of losing there loot so bad that they freak out and shoot first but I've had many occasions where I've talked the person down and evaded rather than drawing my own weapon & this usually always calms them down if you keep talking. Also always exchange names straight away, it's hard to kill someone when they have a name lol, not just walkin loot anymore. But peacekeepers I'm actually more wary of , I've seen guys in full blues with UN helmets mowing down fresh spawns literally on the coastline which tbh is scummy at best. But as I say if your guns on your back and I can talk to you from cover then I'll always try and communicate. Plus I always helps fresh spawns, especially new players in order show them that there are friendly survivors and warn them about high PvP areas. Plus I'm no fool I do warn people that most players will KOS so don't assume every dudes gonna give you a open tin of beans and a water bottle. Already the most fun I've had in the game is interaction with other players, the shooting mechanics are so broke ATM that if your playing dayz for combat then your doing yourself a disservice 

How are shooting mechanics broke? I watch plenty of PC videos and this shoots exactly the same. Shooting is fine, satisfying and fine.

1 hour ago, CarlTheGooner said:

How are shooting mechanics broke? I watch plenty of PC videos and this shoots exactly the same. Shooting is fine, satisfying and fine.

Pso scopes glitch when prone. All TPP poses are misaligned to the right of center reticule, there's no hold breathe function on console. ADS whilst prone causes massive character model to gun misalignment. Hit registration is poor or non existent during lag spikes. Scopes de render at random and aiming at anything further than 50metres away with a 4x takes upto ten seconds hi res render buildings/objects. remember the limitations of your knowledge doesn't mean your correct, I love this game and am in no means cussing it out but all the thing I've mentioned are confirmed bugs that are being worked on right now. There not even half the bugs that effect combat based mechanics

• Like 1

Yeah I miss understood is all, I thought you meant just shooting, like hit registration, cos since they fixed that I've had no issues. All the other stuff I'm aware of and agree with. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 1:13 PM, CarlTheGooner said:

Any bandits in here wanna team up and kill the good guys? I promise I won't double cross you -_-

Honor amongst thieves?!

Hahaha!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I only stopped playing for a couple of days cos I was salty. After trying and trying and trying and trying to talk to people only to get no response, (games fault or not) or getting shot in the back, yeah now I pretty much bandit my way around. 

Yeah, thats what i meant haha since your break away for a bit. 

On 23/09/2018 at 2:03 AM, Tarkules said:

First, gather up some peace keepers.

Then, take over a city on a specific server and make it your base. This means you clean the streets of zombies by UN patrol, whatever is needed to make it safe as long as possible.

Then expand your patrols to some known spawn locations and help and rescue those who are in trouble.

If you do all that, only then, the UN can be recognized as a "peace keeper" force in Cherno.

You don't need to ask for recognition, you do whatever is needed to be recognized.

If you do that - you'll have even my support, I like the idea.

This is exactly the kind of thinking I had in mind. It would just be nice have a recognised force for good in the game. Obviously this will not sit well with those gamers more obsessed with K/D ratios than an actual cool gaming experience. But hey ho - takes all colours to make a rainbow... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Major Plums said:

This is exactly the kind of thinking I had in mind. It would just be nice have a recognised force for good in the game. Obviously this will not sit well with those gamers more obsessed with K/D ratios than an actual cool gaming experience. But hey ho - takes all colours to make a rainbow... 

Obsessed with KD in Dayz when there's no way to track such stats? No mate. People just like PvP. 

• Beans 1

Nothing like this will ever work.

The MOD had hero and bandit skins and people could exploit that to murder in a hero skin.

The only hope for a server with less KoS will be whitelisted private servers.

PvP is what you all are programmed for by countless other games.

Most PvPers burn out much faster and move onto their next shooter.

Those of us who enjoy the whole game tend to get more longevity out of the experience.

/open sarcasm - What really makes DayZ great are "sniper gods" and ooooo creepy crazy cannibals. /close sarcasm

We need PvP, we need murderers and bandits (there is a difference).

But we also WANT more than CoD.

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 2

8 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Most PvPers burn out much faster and move onto their next shooter.

That is what I’m hoping happens sooner than later.

It seems most of the younger CoD/casual players have shorter attention spans. Which after some time, should reveal the true hardcore DayZ Xbox community.

I can’t wait for private servers. The RP potential will be all but limitless.

All good things to those who wait..

• Like 2

I feel there should be a universal hero uniform.  Blue un helmets. Blue bands maybe.. Blue paramedic pants. Etc. Idkjust an idea 

• Like 1