Sign in to follow this  
Angath05

DayZ survivor stories

So guys, I was thinking we could make a thread so people can tell their survival stories in DayZ, whether it is funny times, fun encounters, making friends, getting killed, intense firefights, or just any other interesting stories you have during your time playing this game!

My story happened Friday evening (21st September)

Me and a friend had managed to get relatively geared. I had been to Balota and the Pavlovo military base. I'd managed to get some decent military gear (Silenced AKM, silenced pistol) and had also managed to pick up an M4 for my friend who was still in Elektro. I came back down the coast to meet him, we met and decided to head East, with the intention of going up the East coast, see if we can meet some fresh spawns, help them out or maybe have some fun interactions.

On our way to Kamyshovo, we ran into an American guy (we are from England) who was pretty cool, we said he could roll with us if he kept his gun on his back (just in case) as he was pretty new. When we entered Kamy, we ran into another guy (Irish) who needed food/drink so we gave him some. During our chats, another fresh spawn came by, who was rather rude to us..... We decided in order for him to live, he would have to wear a nurses dress and leave. He put on the nurse dress, and then we thought it would be funny to make the 2 fresh spawns fight to the death for the right to walk away alive!!!

The Irish guy won an epic battle, and the dude in the dress eventually fell down dead. When celebrating the heroic victory, we were suddenly ambushed and bullets started raining down on us!! We managed to take cover and I noticed a guy sitting in a bush. I fired some shots and he fell down dead. I had definitely seen movement behind some fences in a nearby house. I saw someone looting the body I had just killed. I called out to my friends, asked if anyone was looting the body. No reply.... I shot and killed the looter. 

We headed to the tree lines to regroup and do an ammo check then headed back into the town cautiously, looking for the rest of the ambushers. I suddenly saw movement near a house while I was caught in the open, 2 guys had appeared from either end of a fence. I managed to kill one, but missed the other as he took cover, luckily my friend was able to keep up with him and finished him off, one more guy appeared and we took him out comfortably. Our Irish boxing champion from earlier survived the encounter. Our American friend did not. We looted the dead bodies and noticed something. The looter I had killed was in fact our american friend! For some reason he had gone to loot the first dead body and didn't respond when I asked who the looter was. I couldn't take chances in that situation. RIP our American friend!

Upon a full search of the bodies, it turned out our ambushers were a fully kitted squad of 4! All had rifles with 6-7 full magazines, plenty of food/drink and military clothing. We were sitting ducks at the beginning, standing still in the middle of a road when we were ambushed. Somehow we had survived the encounter. Our Irish Boxing champion had proved to us that he was trustworthy. We ended up teaming up with him and meeting his friend a bit later. 

This was a really really fun encounter! Some really adrenaline pumping moments in the firefight, a lot of funny times with the boxing match, and one guy wearing a dress, then the relief as we realised we had all survived. 

I hope you enjoyed the read! I'm looking forwards to hearing your stories!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:44 AM, Angath05 said:

On our way to Kamyshovo, we ran into an American guy (we are from England) who was pretty cool, we said he could roll with us if he kept his gun on his back (just in case) as he was pretty new. When we entered Kamy, we ran into another guy (Irish) who needed food/drink so we gave him some. During our chats, another fresh spawn came by, who was rather rude to us..... We decided in order for him to live, he would have to wear a nurses dress and leave. He put on the nurse dress, and then we thought it would be funny to make the 2 fresh spawns fight to the death for the right to walk away alive!!!

The Irish guy won an epic battle, and the dude in the dress eventually fell down dead. When celebrating the heroic victory, we were suddenly ambushed and bullets started raining down on us!! We managed to take cover and I noticed a guy sitting in a bush. I fired some shots and he fell down dead. I had definitely seen movement behind some fences in a nearby house. I saw someone looting the body I had just killed. I called out to my friends, asked if anyone was looting the body. No reply.... I shot and killed the looter.

That's hilarious! My favorite experience playing DayZ so far was having a fresh character (maybe fifteen minutes or so old) and I was looting a house near the coast. Suddenly I hear a lot of zombie commotion outside and I peek out the kitchen window to see about six zombies surrounding the next house over. I engaged my mic and asked if the person hiding inside was friendly and didn't receive a reply, so I continued searching for items and oddly enough, found an Alice pack that contained some canned peaches, a soda or two and a bottle of water! So I sneak out of the house and begin heading north along the road, leaving the other player to his own fate. I jogged maybe four blocks out of the small stretch of homes and suddenly I was taking hits... I thought someone was shooting me from behind with a silenced firearm, but turned and saw the other player taking swings at me. Based by the fact that he caught up to me so fast, I knew he must've sprinted and was probably out of or very low on stamina, so I returned two heavy blows and three jabs of my own and knocked him unconscious. I turned my mic back on and told him that I wasn't going to try to resuscitate him, went and grabbed the attention of three of the zombies who were after him earlier and sprinted past that sorry sack shouting; "That's what you get!". I spun around a few more blocks further and witnessed them finish him off before cutting into the woods. I've seen and experienced some funny moments, but this one just cracks me up!

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this