jedimfp

MODS on consoles

will be mods on consoles? please, we want them

fallout 4 have tons of modifications and works fine on consoles

there is two first mod video for dayz and looks awesome

TRAIN

NAMALSK

There are currently no plans for modding support on Xbox.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

noooooo,hope this change in future

Hopefully players can run servers with custom settings when the game releases in Q1 2019. Im pretty sure the game is going to be released much later based on dayzs development track record. It needs to get out of development hell.

23 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Hopefully players can run servers with custom settings when the game releases in Q1 2019. Im pretty sure the game is going to be released much later based on dayzs development track record. It needs to get out of development hell.

Unfortunately there is zero chance that Microsoft would allow   Personal servers, but if Bohemia made an agreement to sell server space akin to what Battlefield4 did then that could be an option. It's purely security and quality controls issues on microsofts side. But as you say I'd be extremely suprised if dayZ is 1.0 release when expected as there's not many months left now and still a huge amount of mechanics to add in yet for testing 

You can have personal servers in battlefield on xbox sooo yea. Plus a bunch of other games have them too. Microsoft isnt as bad as you think lol.

5 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

You can have personal servers in battlefield on xbox sooo yea. Plus a bunch of other games have them too. Microsoft isnt as bad as you think lol.

Those aren't personal servers. Those are third party servers that you usually pay a minimum of 80quid a month to rent basically. A private server would be one set up at your residence for example, on PC now anyone who owns a server can run any modded version of Dayz they like. But for games like battlefield that offered third party server space the option were limited and no direct coding access to server files was available so modding wasn't an option. Hope that clarifies my previous comment

11 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Those aren't personal servers. Those are third party servers that you usually pay a minimum of 80quid a month to rent basically. A private server would be one set up at your residence for example, on PC now anyone who owns a server can run any modded version of Dayz they like. But for games like battlefield that offered third party server space the option were limited and no direct coding access to server files was available so modding wasn't an option. Hope that clarifies my previous comment

Ark Survival evolved allowed you to host a server on a second xbox , so clearly its not impossible, just unlikely!

Just bumping this thread for a second.

I was watching an interesting article which was stating that the reason Rust failed, apart from most things was it became unplayable without mods.

The devs relied so much on mods, that they left the game unfinished and broken, such that the mods were finishing the game.

Yes nodding has always been a part of the BI gaming experience however... I would like them to make that perfect game, with all the QoL updates and then consider mods.

You dont need mods for this, and also, much like fallout 4 or skyrim, they are pc mods ported to xbox as there is no mod creator for xbox..

Soo no, mods arent needed nor are they wanted at this time. 

Modding at this stage would mask the game and would eliminate transparency between vanilla and modded DayZ. Also, the game has been out 1 month on console. It's too soon for modding.

47 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Just bumping this thread for a second.

I was watching an interesting article which was stating that the reason Rust failed, apart from most things was it became unplayable without mods.

The devs relied so much on mods, that they left the game unfinished and broken, such that the mods were finishing the game.

Yes nodding has always been a part of the BI gaming experience however... I would like them to make that perfect game, with all the QoL updates and then consider mods.

You dont need mods for this, and also, much like fallout 4 or skyrim, they are pc mods ported to xbox as there is no mod creator for xbox..

Soo no, mods arent needed nor are they wanted at this time. 

Modding at this stage would mask the game and would eliminate transparency between vanilla and modded DayZ. Also, the game has been out 1 month on console. It's too soon for modding.

I Agree completely Mods are something to look at a ways down the road , for now we should just wait and let the Dev team continue to optimize and transfer content and mechanics from the PC build .we can worry about mods 8 to 12 months after 1.0 there should be more than enough content to keep us busy until then!

On 9/23/2018 at 3:09 PM, TheYetiBum said:

Unfortunately there is zero chance that Microsoft would allow   Personal servers, but if Bohemia made an agreement to sell server space akin to what Battlefield4 did then that could be an option. It's purely security and quality controls issues on microsofts side. But as you say I'd be extremely suprised if dayZ is 1.0 release when expected as there's not many months left now and still a huge amount of mechanics to add in yet for testing 

No, Xbox allows it.

Ark allows players to have their own private servers using a separate console as the hosting server.

This all comes down to whether or not BI will make it happen...