DuffMasterHomer

What about FPP Server?

6 hours ago, DuffMasterHomer said:

Hi, im playing only in first person so it were cool we have some server for this.

I think it is the best experience on dayz.

You are not tethered. There should be no reason to lock into perspective. You should be free to switch at any time.

I personally play FPP as well. Means no wall peaking. Hardcore awareness. Stuff like that. No need to segregate servers when you can switch on the fly.

The reason for me is fair play for the "Hardcore Players". It is ok but i dont like sneak around walls in third person for a safe kill (i use this method only to communicate).

We have many low pop server, a few less do not hurt. ;) 

10 hours ago, DuffMasterHomer said:

Hi, im playing only in first person so it were cool we have some server for this.

I think it is the best experience on dayz.

I 100% second this.

Not sure if pc has such servers, though a handful on Xbox would be great.

Sure, we could just go into first, though you’d be at a huge perspective disadvantage to those who wish to track and kos. Very similar to how PUBG managed their TPP/FPP servers.

• Thanks 1

This option should come after 1.0 release but for testing purposes splitting up the player base would be counter productive. The server files have just been released for PC so know the modding floodgate for them has been opened which I doubt we will ever see on console tbh. But I'm pretty site FPP only servers will arrive in time after full release. They'd mentioned a full release date of Xmas somewhere with cars and reinforcing buildings included but tbh I think that's wishful thinking.  Not that the devs aren't cracking on and churning out good updates but it's a lot of work. Fingers crossed

This an update on this thread.

If you read the private servers config file update for pc, you will notice this:

disable3rdPerson=0; // Toggles the 3rd person view for players (value 0-1)

So yes, when private servers come you can force disable 3rd person and make it a 1st person exclusive server.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bombarding said:

This an update on this thread.

If you read the private servers config file update for pc, you will notice this:

disable3rdPerson=0; // Toggles the 3rd person view for players (value 0-1)

So yes, when private servers come you can force disable 3rd person and make it a 1st person exclusive server.

Think it'll be a long time till private hire payable servers are an option on console,  but if they ever become a thing I'm sure they'll have an admin option for switching perspectives permanently to FPP. TPP is as far from hardcore as you can get so having it in hardcore survival game makes no sense to me

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

Think it'll be a long time till private hire payable servers are an option on console,  but if they ever become a thing I'm sure they'll have an admin option for switching perspectives permanently to FPP. TPP is as far from hardcore as you can get so having it in hardcore survival game makes no sense to me

It's actually a lot more realistic on xbox if you think about it. It would run like ark dedicated.

Granted you would need 2 xbox, but 1 runs the server with admin interface, the other can play server. But time will tell