TameGamerMT

VoIP in party chat

Is this working for anyone since the recent fix? Tested this out last night and still does not seem to be functioning.

On 21.9.2018 at 8:21 AM, TameGamerMT said:

Is this working for anyone since the recent fix? Tested this out last night and still does not seem to be functioning.

For me, its not really working either. Seems to sometimes work though.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:50 AM, Chris Burton said:

You have to switch manually to game chat from the party chat somehow but ive heard plenty of people in groups talking in area chat

Yeah, you can hear other groups who are using prox chat in a party chat. However, the way party chat works, you cannot communicate when in it. You need to switch to game chat in order to use prox.

Sometimes, even after the update, prox chat will not function properly when switching to game chat. Usually only a server switch/refresh will fix this, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Nayte said:

Yeah, you can hear other groups who are using prox chat in a party chat. However, the way party chat works, you cannot communicate when in it. You need to switch to game chat in order to use prox.

Sometimes, even after the update, prox chat will not function properly when switching to game chat. Usually only a server switch/refresh will fix this, unfortunately.

Yea it happened last night I could hear party chat but not ingame chat and my voice was not playing either. Unplugged mic like 10 times tried tweaking the party settings nothing worked. 

6 hours ago, Nayte said:

I submitted a bug report on switching between party and game chat.  I agree switching from party chat to game chat is still not working reliably even when you follow proper steps by switching through Xbox menu then pressing down on D pad.  Our party had several problems with this over past several days.

• Beans 1

Problem is that it have to work together, party and voip.

Switching to game chat everytime can cost ur life very quick, cause alot ppl kills u when u dont answer right away, even if they knew about this issue.

Devs have already stated that there won't be crossover from party to in game chat. You'll always have to switch from one to the other (when it works , which it always has for me) . I'd suggest not using the xbox party system and remaining in prox chat , using walkie talkies for long range comms. It'll increase your player interactions with randoms. I know not everyone's into RP kinda gameplay but it is a hardcore survival game and tbh it's really fun and less stressful when you come up against another unknown player and can actually communicate instantly your intentions. I've been playing since day one and only had one occasion where after comming to a random I still got mowed down , most people turn on mike or respond through emotes & start asking a million questions on game mechanics and how stuff works lmao. Spent a hour on the coast teaching new player freshies how to do the basics , most solos KOS out of fear & the time it takes to switch to game chat to say 'I'm friendly' will get you killed . But it's just my opinion  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Devs have already stated that there won't be crossover from party to in game chat. You'll always have to switch from one to the other (when it works , which it always has for me) . I'd suggest not using the xbox party system and remaining in prox chat , using walkie talkies for long range comms. It'll increase your player interactions with randoms. I know not everyone's into RP kinda gameplay but it is a hardcore survival game and tbh it's really fun and less stressful when you come up against another unknown player and can actually communicate instantly your intentions. I've been playing since day one and only had one occasion where after comming to a random I still got mowed down , most people turn on mike or respond through emotes & start asking a million questions on game mechanics and how stuff works lmao. Spent a hour on the coast teaching new player freshies how to do the basics , most solos KOS out of fear & the time it takes to switch to game chat to say 'I'm friendly' will get you killed . But it's just my opinion  

This is the problem. Would be cool if people could stay in their party and still talk in game, would that be an Xbox live issue tho? Don't see why it can't be implemented cos you CAN hear people when you're in a party.

5 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

This is the problem. Would be cool if people could stay in their party and still talk in game, would that be an Xbox live issue tho? Don't see why it can't be implemented cos you CAN hear people when you're in a party.

Pretty sure it'd be a programming nightmare. Plus the fact that the xbox party system actually runs through Skype since Microsoft bought it a year back and that BI would have to probably pay an extortionate fee in order to let there system over lap with the party system. You can hear players in VoIP when In a party because it plays through the standard game sound and creating a pathway for a party to access VoIP beings up all sorts of T&C Conflicts from microsofts side aswell privacy issues for other users in the party. It's just an all round cluster f#ck of permissions and coding. Until the new next gen console comes out with a standard controller with a hard bound button for insta swapping chat clients it'll remain this way I suspect. Let's be honest the fact that the xbox one and X didn't have this functionality from day one is due to Microsoft being about ten years behind knowing what gamers require to play games without having  abrain anuerism lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Ah well, I'll stick to game chat. I never play in a party. 

I'm the same way. However....

When I group up with friends I am in party. I have had seriously mixed results with the Party VOiP. 

My friend and I tested day of the patch, and we switched from party to game chat. She could hear me, but I couldn't hear her.

She died a few days later and was streaming, while we were in party, and she was not in game chat, but was having conversations with people in game chat, while she was in party.

It isnt enough evidence to create a full blown bug report, however I think the issue resides on Xbox side, where they would have to edit permissions for Ingame chat override while in party. Dont see that solution being implemented, but I think the intention originally was to be in party chat with friends and without leaving, be able to talk in game.

I think a few stability patches down the road will resolve this anyways, but yea, I think it will be an ongoing issue.

• Like 2