FEETOFBRONZE

PURPOSE

it would be nice if the game had a kill count and a leveling system for how and how long you survive without dying

I'd be down for that myself.. I know they kinda going the say way the game is on PC but I think the Devs need to slightly differentiate with Xbox players we want different things we have our own ideas. I also want different spawn points in cities rather than trying run to find a drink In a town 5km from the coast little things make a difference. I just hope they take some of are ideas and put them into play hope they listening to us

I too would like this. There used to be a karma type system, where helping gave you a hero spawn outfit, and killing gave a bandit outfit. Atleast in the mods idk about standalone. 

There is a soft "leveling" system that grant passive bonuses. The more you work that skill tree the more rewards. So I'd imagine something like...

Mule -> overburden alot and as you build you become less encumbered with heavy gear

Melee -> melee weapons gain more damage

Survivor -> go longer without eating or drinking

Iron lungs -> holding breath(if introduced) would grant longer stability or less sway over time

Stuff like this. Active abilities like find more loot, or take less damage, and such will not be a part of this system from what I understand

I would however like to see on the death screen these types of things:

Bullets fired

Players killed

Distance travelled

Edited by Bombarding
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm against the idea of kill counts, that'll just encourage more kos. This isn't Cod! 

The purpose of this is not to generate more KOS, it doesnt have to be player kills that is simply my preference.

If you are interested in what this system looks like, a simple version can be seen in the Steam Game "Green Hell" where if you die, at the screen of death it shows the following stats:

Times player because sick

Days survived

Distance travelled

And I believe something along the lines of Times gone insane. This is the nature of the game and I suggest checking it out. But simple stuff.

Currently there is no fatal sickness, and days survived would have to be game time not real time, therefore, for DayZ, we are left with what is in the game.

Distance, player kills, time spent alive.

These are not concrete features nor are they even in the minds of the devs, however this is simply a discussion on some sort of tracking. It would be nice to have a list of feats accomplished at the end of life.

Yeah, I see what you're getting at. A little bit like The Long Dark too. That game kept a kind of journal of survival, quite detailed actually, with a diary of events too, but yes it would be nice, on the death screen, to get some info

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm against the idea of kill counts, that'll just encourage more kos. This isn't Cod! 

Overall, I’d have to agree with this.

That said, if they were to implement a solid moral/karma system, it would be interesting to see such stats on a player.

Something like,

Heros killed:

Bandits killed:

Bambis killed:

That way, if this info was public, one could easily tell how a particular survivor is conducting themselves.

7 hours ago, Nayte said:

Overall, I’d have to agree with this.

That said, if they were to implement a solid moral/karma system, it would be interesting to see such stats on a player.

Something like,

Heros killed:

Bandits killed:

Bambis killed:

That way, if this info was public, one could easily tell how a particular survivor is conducting themselves.

This used to be in the mod but it was not public. Only you ever saw your stats. Your characters outfit would change, so others would easily know if you were hero or bandit.

I quite liked the Humanity system on the mods. Particularly in Overpoch where certain traders were bandit/Hero only. It gave me a reason to actively avoid killing people because that would be a huge humanity hit, and I wouldn't be a "Hero" anymore.

Soft skills will be added. Think, the more you sew the faster you sew. Or, the more you chop trees and bushes the faster you chop. Maybe you yield a little more. 

Stamina will be increased by how long you have survived. The longer you survive the longer your stamina bar or encumber limit.

Sadly, they have zero plans for stat tracking, or any of that.

The disease, day night cycles, and character damage (fractures, broken bones, etc) updates are going to slow the games pacing with each update.

I would love at least a Personal Best section in the main menu. It would show longest time survived (days, weeks, etc.), player kills, zombie kills, longest kill, distance traveled, items collected, towns visited, damage taken, maximum damage taken at once, how many times on the brink of death, animal kills, bullets fired, bullet hits, headshots, headshot kills, melee kills, stashes buried, stashes dug up, I could go on...

Edited by Man Parts 241