Sign in to follow this  
Viper1.1

Server File Release Help

Hello DayZ,

I am an experianced player with north of 1000 hours in Arma and north of 600 in DayZ but am having trouble getting started in server setup/modding when it becomes available.  I have downloaded the server files but cannot for the life of me figure out how to launch into my own server.  I have no experiance with programming and desperately need help.  Anyone available to chat or possibly walk me through what needs to happen so I can start learning this process? any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks all.

I went through many pages and cannot find a topic for how to setup a server. Please help! for example what is a bat file and how does one set it up?

You need to create a Shoutcut and put this commands for the exe 

-config=serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=Server

Create a start.bat and place it in the same folder as DayZServer_x64.exe

Bat file should look something like this.

@echo off 
start DayZServer_x64.exe -port=2302 -config=serverDZ.cfg -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck -noFilePatching -BEpath= C:\Users\%user%\Desktop\DayZServer\battleye -cpuCount= 4

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, KILLJOY13 said:

Create a start.bat and place it in the same folder as DayZServer_x64.exe

Bat file should look something like this.

@echo off 
start DayZServer_x64.exe -port=2302 -config=serverDZ.cfg -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck -noFilePatching -BEpath= C:\Users\%user%\Desktop\DayZServer\battleye -cpuCount= 4

Edit the filePath offcourse