foz 28

Can i make players voices come through headset

Question

Afternoon all.

I was wondering if i could change a setting to make proximity voices come through my headset rather than my TV. 

Im a family man and have children, and unfortunately some of the things that come through the TV are inappropriate and shouldn't be heard by an adult, let alone a child. Because you've no idea who is talking either then you can't mute them individually. 

If the sound came through my headset though then that would be far more acceptable, i can deal with that and not worry about things being overheard.

In game chat is a huge part of day z so i don't want to have to mute everyone. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 answers to this question

Haven't experience this myself but is this something you are experiencing just in game chat? or is it happening in party chat?

Hello. 

This isn't a party chat issue, this is an in game issue when being in an area with other players who i don't know. They csn be pretty ruthless in what they say and it's not on. I understand this is a game though and that kind of thing will be said, it's now part and parcel of gaming unfortunately. However i just don't want my children to hear it or my partner. I'd rather all voice sounds come through the headset rather than the tv. Party chat is fine, that comes through the headset as it should, but those are friends and the conversations we have are for the most part pretty normal.

Its the random players in game i wish have coming through the headset also, not through TV speakers. 

Any help would be great. 

As above, voice chat is a huge feature for day z and adds to the immersion and atmosphere of the game, i don't wish to have to mute everyone as that would simply ruin the game for me. 

Many thanks.

46 minutes ago, foz 28 said:

Hello. 

This isn't a party chat issue, this is an in game issue when being in an area with other players who i don't know. They csn be pretty ruthless in what they say and it's not on. I understand this is a game though and that kind of thing will be said, it's now part and parcel of gaming unfortunately. However i just don't want my children to hear it or my partner. I'd rather all voice sounds come through the headset rather than the tv. Party chat is fine, that comes through the headset as it should, but those are friends and the conversations we have are for the most part pretty normal.

Its the random players in game i wish have coming through the headset also, not through TV speakers. 

Any help would be great. 

As above, voice chat is a huge feature for day z and adds to the immersion and atmosphere of the game, i don't wish to have to mute everyone as that would simply ruin the game for me. 

Many thanks.

Hi,

Have you checked the game settings? Are you experiencing this with any other of your games where voice chat is an option?  I will try and jump online tonight and see if I can replicate this issue and find a fix for it? I will let you know if I work something out.

Cheers Dude,

If u have a headset connected to the Xbox then all sound including in game chat should go through your headset. I don’t understand how it’s comjng out of your tv. You should have a setting on the Xbox to change audio to headset only. Unless it’s just a party chat headset then you need to get a full headset to allow game chat to go through the headset. 

2 hours ago, foz 28 said:

Afternoon all.

I was wondering if i could change a setting to make proximity voices come through my headset rather than my TV. 

Im a family man and have children, and unfortunately some of the things that come through the TV are inappropriate and shouldn't be heard by an adult, let alone a child. Because you've no idea who is talking either then you can't mute them individually. 

If the sound came through my headset though then that would be far more acceptable, i can deal with that and not worry about things being overheard.

In game chat is a huge part of day z so i don't want to have to mute everyone. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Are you using an XBOX Kinect controller ?

Those have a different headset connector (not a 3.5 mm jack) with only 1 ear piece and a mic.

If so - I think maybe they were not meant to output the game's sound at all. I have one of those and can't make it happen.

Thanks guys.

Surely voice chat should come through the standard xboxheadset though? It does with every other game such as battlefield, call of duty etc. Game sounds through the tv, voice communications through the headset. It's pretty much always been that way with xbox live games. 

Many thanks fellas.

As far as I know it’s only through speakers, as it’s part of the world audio I guess you could say, I get what your looking for but would take away from the game as a whole I think. Just like footsteps and gunfire it’s put out there for all to hear as one big sound track, in relation to your position.  Could be your best bet to buy a turtlebeach style headset for the game to keep it all in headset and protect your younger folk. Apparently they’re dynamite for hearings footsteps and directional audio type stuff. 

On 9/20/2018 at 2:43 PM, foz 28 said:

Thanks guys.

Surely voice chat should come through the standard xboxheadset though? It does with every other game such as battlefield, call of duty etc. Game sounds through the tv, voice communications through the headset. It's pretty much always been that way with xbox live games. 

Many thanks fellas.

The standard cheap headset from Xbox is designed only to provide voice from party chat.

Prox chat plays through game sound, so it won’t work through that headset. 

I would recommend you invest in a gaming headset. Not only for your concern, though it greatly helps with immersion, and being able to better detect where shots and footsteps are coming from.