TheVampireBat

ADVICE AND GUIDANCE - POST TIPS HERE!

27 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

ok give me 5 mins i will see if that has any diffrence been at this all day and it still refuses to connect but players can load in the server andit runs very well its just connecting dart in there

all im going to say is f**K me thank you :D that actuall fixed it i dont know why i didnt try this before the weight has been lifted

Hahaha you're welcome!

Sometimes it's something as simple as that that will have you ripping out your hair man. I've been there. Glad it worked for ya!

guy how would i go about adding a server restarter to my server and adding server messages on a timer

25 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

guy how would i go about adding a server restarter to my server and adding server messages on a timer

Are your server messages being displayed? I've added a couple but they never show up.. 

Just now, TheVampireBat said:

Are your server messages being displayed? I've added a couple but they never show up.. 

no they are not showing for me either have you tryed to add a number in the [ ]   motd[] =  see if that works?

2 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

no they are not showing for me either have you tryed to add a number in the [ ]   motd[] =  see if that works?

First thing I tried.. no luck 

2 minutes ago, TheVampireBat said:

maybe we need a battleeye restarter to do it then

14 minutes ago, TheVampireBat said:

ok try this

motd[] = {"Welcome New Player!!","Welcome New Player"};   // Message of the day displayed in the in-game chat

motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

1 hour ago, mrwolv said:

ok try this

motd[] = {"Welcome New Player!!","Welcome New Player"};   // Message of the day displayed in the in-game chat

motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

Still no luck :/ 

16 minutes ago, TheVampireBat said:

Still no luck :/ 

works for me now i set it like that

DayZ API script reference  - Here is a simple DayZ API script reference from /u/erikbc and /u/Doxygen, far from perfect, but it's a lot better than nothing. There are a few comments here and there from the sources. Online Version (no download required)

Item List Categorized Sheet - Some people were asking for item lists to flesh out their custom server, /u/ThisAccountIs4Reddit created this spreadsheet and categorized the items to make things easier. Names are case-sensitive strings when using them in the .c scripts.

ODZTools / Logger - Attempting to work with the current log system is very limited and makes it difficult to track errors and gather data. /u/Pwnzor made this tool that allows messages to be logged to separate file that is dated and stored within your server's profile. Released by Pwnzor on OpenDayZ

Edited by smasht
  • Like 1

Anyone know how to fix this im trying to setup my own server and i keep getting this message 
 3:34:22 [ERROR][Server config] :: instanceId parameter is mandatory and must be valid 32-bit integer.

Hey guys.. i want to know if someone have Bec latest version to work with their dayz sa server.. i tested versions 1.608, 1.597 and 1.496. The only one that i could make it work is 1.496, all of them with the same configuration.

It doesn't make sense. i am missing something here..

Version 1.608 and 1.597 says that the response is invalid, meanwhile 1.496 works fine with the same config.

Edit: Solved :D

Edited by Agusanz
Solved

How to create more loot on server? x2 or x3 etc

Edited by Hornet58

On 9/20/2018 at 4:04 PM, HEEROCKSS said:

Someone figured out how to make a "day-only" server? 

@HEEROCKSS One way around it is to set the time acceleration to less than one in the server config file.

E.g. serverTimeAcceleration=0.05;

In this case, it should take 20 hours real time to let 1 hour game time pass. I haven't tested it thoroughly, though, but it shows up in the server list as 0.1x time acceleration.

• Like 1

[HOWTO] Disable thirst/hunger 

• Unpack dta/scripts.pbo using PBOManager.
  • Copy the unpacked scripts folder into your server's root
  • Open scripts\4_World\Classes\PlayerModifiers\Modifiers\Thirst.c and/or Hunger.c
  • Comment out the whole OnTick override function (https://i.imgur.com/n6v1ykI.png)
  • Save it and restart your server. Try sprinting : whatever you edited doesn't go down

Credit: /u/GrosTon1 https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9i45ul/howto_disable_thirsthunger/

Edited by smasht
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

17 minutes ago, smasht said:

[HOWTO] Disable thirst/hunger 

• Unpack dta/scripts.pbo using PBOManager.
  • Copy the unpacked scripts folder into your server's root
  • Open scripts\4_World\Classes\PlayerModifiers\Modifiers\Thirst.c and/or Hunger.c
  • Comment out the whole OnTick override function (https://i.imgur.com/n6v1ykI.png)
  • Save it and restart your server. Try sprinting : whatever you edited doesn't go down

/u/GrosTon1 https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9i45ul/howto_disable_thirsthunger/

Thank you for crediting, altough it was not needed as discussed in PMs. Enjoy folks :)

Video Tutorial | How to change your starting gear  Credit: /u/NICKIGE

How to increase zombie numbers Credit: /u/JetF0x

Dwardens Events.XML This events.xml was provided by /u/Dwarden on the DayZ discord, it fixed an issue where zombies aren't triggering at all in some areas. 

Content Addon Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 - Adds items that don't currently spawn, for example: netting, bear trap, landmine, rice, powdered milk, decent variety of clothes etc. Some items are bugged/broken, refrigerator has unfinished configs so you can put it in your pocket and can result in fridgeception. Plate carrier with pouches has no armor value. Pretty sure none of the guns work. Credit /u/mov3ax

Automatic Database backups with Date & Time Using 7zip & Windows Task Scheduler Credit: /u/XxFri3ndlyxX,

Edited by smasht
  • Like 2

/u/mov3ax released a DayZ Hardcore Server Edit/Mod

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9j36ze/dayz_hardcore_server_editmod/

Download - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DC6pUeDjArFjjzHpmLHwzeVUbGGlxe0p/view?usp=sharing

GitHub - https://github.com/mov3ax/bolt

How To Install:

Drag & Drop this folder content to root folder of your DayZ 0.63 server

Features:

• Edited Stamina System
  • Edited Wetting System
  • Edited Weight System
  • Edited Items Spawns
  • Edited Start Items
  • Extended Zombie Spawns and Zombie Count
  • Edited Animals Spawns and Animals Count
  • Edited Helicrash and Police Car Count
  • Edited Fruits Spawns and Chanse (Pear, Apples, e.t.c)
  • Edited Enviroment Sounds
  • Edited Enviroment System
  • Edited Item Rarity System
  • Extended Crafting Time

Plans/TODO:

• Disable HUD and Fast Slots HUD
  • Edit Health, Food, Water Restore Speed (Because now from unconsciousnes up to full health you can get for 5 minutes)
  • Edit foliage
  • Edit skybox

Credits:

@Arkensor Code Snippets from Offline Mode

@BohemiaInteract / @DayZ for this great game

@FIDOv Help With Tools

@erikbc For Generated Server API

@dayz_survivor3 and @uyke for Spawn Points

Edited by smasht

2 hours ago, Ton_41 said:

how to change time for logout.

Increase QueueTimeSameServer in DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\globals.xml

41 minutes ago, smasht said:

Increase QueueTimeSameServer in DayZServer\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\globals.xml

do you know how to Edited Weight System

Edited by mrwolv

You could just edited the weight penalty it's set at 50kg as default switch it to 100kg and you can carry double  changing one setting instead of 1000s 

1 hour ago, Sy8282 said:

You could just edited the weight penalty it's set at 50kg as default switch it to 100kg and you can carry double  changing one setting instead of 1000s 

That doesn't work. Tested it up to 5000 Tonnes. Changing it on the server itself, is pointless, because the client calculates it's own weight, and if there is any form of communication spike, it defaults to the client's calculations.

Max stamina still reduces, no matter what you change on the server side

Edited by Aussie Cleetus

On 10/9/2018 at 5:44 AM, Aussie Cleetus said:

That doesn't work. Tested it up to 5000 Tonnes. Changing it on the server itself, is pointless, because the client calculates it's own weight, and if there is any form of communication spike, it defaults to the client's calculations.

Max stamina still reduces, no matter what you change on the server side

someone will create an external mod soon enough i saw the battleroyale mod is client side as well as server side so its the beginning of the mods everyone will need a launcher soon enough