UNKN Fluxx

What new update do u want

20 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

FREE LOOK, MORE EMOTES, BOW AND ARROW CRAFTING DISEASE and Blood effect. Everyone want's night and will regret it as too dark to see anything and unless you NV then you might as well play what we have now but with eyes closed. Lol

I'm definitely excited about nighttime,I get what your saying and no doubt it would be frustrating staring at a black screen for an hour!

I love the idea of looting and travelling during the day and making a camp by night,lighting a fire and cooking some food after a hard day would be awsome.

Now iv heard the PC vets say that's basically signing ur own death warrant as the crazies will hunt you down but that's part of the fun.  Weather and time of day should be a huge factor when your planning your next move,you head into the darkness unprepared you should be punished.

So when that sun begins to set you better make sure you have food firewood and a camp. Fail to prepare,prepare to fail.

34 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Also remember Xbox-folk,  you've got vehicles, & tents and barrels (for stashing stuff) coming. These are already on PC.  These are all persistent  - they do NOT vanish when you die - and they ARE server dependent.  So even if you think server hopping on public hive is your best way to play, as soon as you have stashed a few items in a tent one ONE server.. then you start being tied to that server. If you are a big collector and have 3 tents and a truck, that represents a lot of effort and it is all on one server. Someone may find it, ya know? You will spend time on that server for sure. 

I stick to barrels (usually just one is ok for the way I play), which are much easier to hide than tents.

Like any other gear you carry on your person, you can move an EMPTY barrel  or a FOLDED tent, from one server to another. But once a tent is set up and has gear in it, you have to empty it before you can pack it up & move it, at all. Same for a barrel.   So if you have 2 tents somewhere with any gear in them you probably won't be moving them much. And if you fix up a vehicle, it stays on THAT server where you found it.   So you are already half-tied to a base hidden on one server.  It won't vanish if you are killed.

Also - for meeting players -  on PC word gets around fast which servers are the main attractions for PVP..  its like the trendy hangout in town, OK?  ..  people who WANT run-around action all queue up to get in there for their session. I guess some players keep their tents on a low pop server, and then gear up for Friday/Saturday night and move over to their fave hot high pop server ..  But other folk stay on low pop servers by choice, and go hunting or looting, farming, & surviving..  it's a play-style choice (among other ways to go) ..

Either way <<Persistence>> of tents, vehicles, barrels,   on PC,  already links a player pretty strongly to "their" server. That's where their gear is.  = PC players already say "found another player's base" as much as they say "found another player's tents"  - because 5 or 6 tents together plus 2 vehicles is definitely a base, right?  Check Youtube.

I'm really intrigued by the base building. Now I know it's only a campsite really but for me that's perfect. I hate the Ark or Rust style of building,it just looks a mess.

I've been watching Dayz vids for a few years,guys like deadlyslob and RunningManZ and they make great content that's really entertaining but it's mainly PVP or player interactions so iv seen very little of how the bases 2ork.

In your experience is it actually possible to set urself up a little camp deep in the woods and store some supplies and use it as a base?

Or are you going to be hunted and robbed and beaten and all the other horrible things this awful wicked community likes to get its kicks from haha. Is it impossible?

I think I know the answer to that one :)

And is it common on PC to stumble across many bases? Is it like finding a hidden treasure chest?

Either way I can't wait,I'm gonna go camping in the woods roast me some chicken and sip some cold pipsi. I'm sure it won't end badly.

2 hours ago, darklittlepoet1 said:

I'm really intrigued by the base building. Now I know it's only a campsite really but for me that's perfect. ..//...

Hang on a mo, dark.!  . I was just saying that tents and barrels and vehicles are already PERSISTENT and already in the PC game. Xbox players are supposed to catch up to the PC game, so what is on PC is what Xbox will get - that's how I understand it.

But, for the future there has been talk, and maybe promises of introducing "BASE BUILDING" on PC.   - It is not there on PC yet - so I was just mentioning what is already in the PC game now.

Some folk think Base Building for the future MUST means military =  sandbags and barbed wire and watchtowers, or maybe ALL those things plus bigger constructions (?) plus invulnerability  when the owner is offline(?) , or maybe just a berm to put your tents in? - or maybe a way of barricading houses already in the game?.. ..  in fact many folk think all KINDS of things about it.. but Base Building is a concept in the air from BI without any deep info given out (not that I know about). Some players WANT that <<Construct a Military Base>> gameplay , some think it will wreck the game.. etc etc etc..

Just saying that AT the MOMENT on PC - I have SEEN lines and squares of 6 or 8 tents (2 different kinds of tents) - quite often, and sometimes with plenty of gear in them and also FOUND like 15 or 20 barrels stashed away together in an isolated place (just once) .. and maybe 4 tents and a line of 3 or 4 repaired cars and vehicles.. a truck, a coach &  two saloon cars (you can also keep gear in vehicles) ..  it is interesting to go looking for this stuff (hehehe) ..  .. That is all persistent on PC at this stage in the game already. So there are player constructed server-specific persistent "camps" in the game, if you want to make them, to store your gear. Or you can just hide one barrel or one tent somewhere quiet on a server you like..

So you will be getting that stuff with persistence soon on Xbox. I believe that's the plan.

Actual full military base building is still ..er..  moot. (?). it is not in the PC game now (anyway) ..  Something will turn up, and my opinion is there will be a LOT of argument about that, and how it works
(personally I agree with your view)
.. but it's not out in the open yet, not in DayZ yet.. Different folk have different ideas and hopes .. guess we'll see ?? 

xxp

19 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Hang on a mo, dark.!  . I was just saying that tents and barrels and vehicles are already PERSISTENT and already in the PC game. Xbox players are supposed to catch up to the PC game, so what is on PC is what Xbox will get - that's how I understand it.

But, for the future there has been talk, and maybe promises of introducing "BASE BUILDING" on PC.   - It is not there on PC yet - so I was just mentioning what is already in the PC game now.

Some folk think Base Building for the future MUST means military =  sandbags and barbed wire and watchtowers, or maybe ALL those things plus bigger constructions (?) plus invulnerability  when the owner is offline(?) , or maybe just a berm to put your tents in? - or maybe a way of barricading houses already in the game?.. ..  in fact many folk think all KINDS of things about it.. but Base Building is a concept in the air from BI without any deep info given out (not that I know about). Some players WANT that <<Construct a Military Base>> gameplay , some think it will wreck the game.. etc etc etc..

Just saying that AT the MOMENT on PC - I have SEEN lines and squares of 6 or 8 tents (2 different kinds of tents) - quite often, and sometimes with plenty of gear in them and also FOUND like 15 or 20 barrels stashed away together in an isolated place (just once) .. and maybe 4 tents and a line of 3 or 4 repaired cars and vehicles.. a truck, a coach &  two saloon cars (you can also keep gear in vehicles) ..  it is interesting to go looking for this stuff (hehehe) ..  .. That is all persistent on PC at this stage in the game already. So there are player constructed server-specific persistent "camps" in the game, if you want to make them, to store your gear. Or you can just hide one barrel or one tent somewhere quiet on a server you like..

So you will be getting that stuff with persistence soon on Xbox. I believe that's the plan.

Actual full military base building is still ..er..  moot. (?). it is not in the PC game now (anyway) ..  Something will turn up, and my opinion is there will be a LOT of argument about that, and how it works
(personally I agree with your view)
.. but it's not out in the open yet, not in DayZ yet.. Different folk have different ideas and hopes .. guess we'll see ?? 

xxp

I Have also seen bases built on PC years ago so why it not there now ???

I’d like the hacksaw and shotgun added along with gas masks. Also the syringe and disinfectant/bleach so I can add a little surprise to every apple I come across and don’t eat, mainly for hungry little babies who claim there isn’t enough food to be found when they spawn. Or that lone water bottle found near the water pump, teach folk not to drink whatever they find unless it’s sealed or cleaned and filled themselves

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

I Have also seen bases built on PC years ago so why it not there now ???

On DayZ Mod there were (at the end) players who bought hack tools off the net.. most of these tools had options to  let you use ArmA assets to wreck the game - I have seen big military bases with lines of military trucks full of weapons, I've seen warplanes of different types .. there was a youtube video of someone nuking Cherno with a tactical Nuclear Ballistic Missile from a full mobile launch platform.. (nice!)  = but NOT in the official DayZ,  it was a home made hack.
Also some of the legit independent Mods to the game had base building etc..  perhaps that's what you saw ?
- but DayZ Mod, and DayZ SA, neither of them have ever had  << Base Building >> as part of the legitimate game.

In my opinion there is ZERO need for <<base building>>  mechanics to be added into DayZ SA.. It will completely change the game, and NOT in a good way.  It will make it more ordinary, another move towards a bog-standard game,  and further from what it was intended to be. It is not a collecting, or points, or NPC quest dungeon, or leveling, or Base Building game - at all. It is a scrounging and surviving and being paranoid and cunning and making decisions and reacting & living by your knowledge and your wits until you DIE,  game..   NOT a <<Base Building>> game..

You Xbox players will be getting PERSISTANT storage soon - tents, vehicles and barrels, that you store gear in.  They stay on the server even if you are killed.. If you are solo you can hide a barrel or a tent somewhere you think is safe, or repair a car and move about, store gear in it, .. if you are a team you can have a whole camp of tents and vehicles .. 

I think Xbox players should get used to THAT DayZ.. you will have it soon (I hear) just like on PC... when it is all in place (soon) you will have a chance to evaluate the real DayZ experience as it is now.   If BI bring in military <<Base Building>>.. (as many PC players hope for) - then you will never have a chance to get involved in DayZ as it has been played for a few years.. Instead, you will think it is a <Base Building> game -  and that's how it will be catalogued..   But there are already plenty of those.

AND that would be a great pity.. Xboxers would MISS OUT on so much of this very UNUSUAL game.. BI are working now to give you the full set of features, then you will have many different play style choices. Get used to THAT (the full DayZ as it is now on PC), and see what you think of it .. it will give you plenty of life-choices and a few hundred ways to die.  Try it out for a while.

(ps - maybe Baty Alquawen can give you a pointer to when persistence with tents, vehicles, barrels, will be on Xbox ? )

All this about <Base Building> is just my opinion, natch.. Like my POV on on helicopters the old DayZ Mod.. dont LIKE them.. bases will give me something new to seek and destroy.  I am totally the resistance & in cover on the high ground ..   military occupation of my country I not like it.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

Would be cool if they implemented some sort of humanoid npcs that act like bandit partys. Would be sick to have to worry about some real threats besides the occasional wolf or KOSr