Sign in to follow this  
itscolt

Attempting to host Namalsk

Okay, I know it's dumb to attempt this as the game doesn't have full-fledged mod support yet but I managed to run my server with Arma 3's version of Namalsk without the server crashing.

The issue I have is trying to connect to the server, I can't seem to point the DayZ client to load the Namalsk map without crashing. The "-mod=" and "-world=" parameters don't work with DayZ, it just causes the game to crash.

The server log doesn't give me much insight as to what I'm missing. It just acts like I'm disconnecting normally.

I gave it a shot and think this is as far as I can get without knowing exactly what's going on with the client.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried to go beyond the current limits of running your own server? I think it would be really cool to be able to try a new map (not specifically Namalsk) before mod support arrives.

I think thats not possible at the moment, because you cant install mod for your client so the server disconnects you. At least thats what Arma 3 servers would do.

Did you installed all the .pbo files from the Namalsk mod on your server?

I just did a little digging in the server files and you need too define points on the map vie xyz coodinates, so even if you cant connect i think you cant spawn the same is for loot and the buildings in this mod have different class names so nothing will work until we can edit all this so we need access too the mod tools and client modding need too be allowed.

Edited by D3vilgoat

models and wrp binarized with arma 3 binarize will not load with dayz, incompatible data with different p3d types

arrowhead binarize does work however, my vortorsk map is ingame and usable

Edited by crazy mike

13 minutes ago, crazy mike said:

models and wrp binarized with arma 3 binarize will not load with dayz, incompatible data with different p3d types

Interesting, thanks

On 9/20/2018 at 4:30 AM, D3vilgoat said:

I think thats not possible at the moment, because you cant install mod for your client so the server disconnects you. At least thats what Arma 3 servers would do.

Did you installed all the .pbo files from the Namalsk mod on your server?

I just did a little digging in the server files and you need too define points on the map vie xyz coodinates, so even if you cant connect i think you cant spawn the same is for loot and the buildings in this mod have different class names so nothing will work until we can edit all this so we need access too the mod tools and client modding need too be allowed.

Can be done, but it's a chore and a half to setup the lootspawns and audio environments manually.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:53 AM, crazy mike said:

Might be because Enfusion is built off of the A2 version of RV rather than A3's

Edited by RRoses
typo

4 hours ago, RRoses said:

Can be done, but it's a chore and a half to setup the lootspawns and audio environments manually.

Might be because Enfusion is built off of the A2 version of VR rather than A3's

who knows, they didnt change the file headers lol

6 hours ago, crazy mike said:

who knows, they didnt change the file headers lol

had to look into this and ended up in the struggle of loading the mission on the map. Simply changing the mission name and .cfg file doestn seem to do it, as it always runs into a crash on "reading mission", Any ideas?