Kynero1

Ballistic, Press and Anti Stab Vest Comparison

Questions:

1. Are vests and helmets currently offering protection in Xbox version?

2. Can someone explain the difference between the three armored vests, do they currently provide bullet protection (Ballistic, Press, Anti Stab versions).

3. Does the Press vest provide bullet protection similar to Ballistic vest as it weighs same as Ballistic vest?

1. Vests do provide protection by about 1 or 2 bullets depending on hit registration. Helmets I'm not sure. I dont use helmets but I mainly aim for upper chest to lower face, so it wouldnt matter because I aim for above a vest and below a helmet.

Motorcycle helmets used to be bugged and offer protection, but most helmets probably protect against 1 bullet. So the first headshot would break, 2nd would kill. Headshots are 1 shot. Upper chest around about 2-3 I've seen both.

Without vest it was 2, and with vest it was 3.

2. Ballistic vests weigh alot, but offer 1 bullet resistance from ARs, and 2 bullets maybe 3 from pistols. Not sure about SMG. Svd and mosin would probably be 2 or 3 shot. Again, I've seen mosins kill in 1 shot under 200m, and 2 shot in the 300+ range.

Stab vests offer a little protection from knives and axes and such.

3. Press vests are kinda a combo. Not heavy duty like with but offer some protection

Although tbh, I havent really noticed on someone I've shot, but shot me with a ballistic vest and I took 3 bullets and was still alive. Probably the 4th would have killed me.

Not sure exactly what the statistics or protection rates are though. So dont quote me on these numbers, just from my experiences

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Bombarding said:

1. Vests do provide protection by about 1 or 2 bullets depending on hit registration. Helmets I'm not sure. I dont use helmets but I mainly aim for upper chest to lower face, so it wouldnt matter because I aim for above a vest and below a helmet.

Motorcycle helmets used to be bugged and offer protection, but most helmets probably protect against 1 bullet. So the first headshot would break, 2nd would kill. Headshots are 1 shot. Upper chest around about 2-3 I've seen both.

Without vest it was 2, and with vest it was 3.

2. Ballistic vests weigh alot, but offer 1 bullet resistance from ARs, and 2 bullets maybe 3 from pistols. Not sure about SMG. Svd and mosin would probably be 2 or 3 shot. Again, I've seen mosins kill in 1 shot under 200m, and 2 shot in the 300+ range.

Stab vests offer a little protection from knives and axes and such.

3. Press vests are kinda a combo. Not heavy duty like with but offer some protection

Although tbh, I havent really noticed on someone I've shot, but shot me with a ballistic vest and I took 3 bullets and was still alive. Probably the 4th would have killed me.

Not sure exactly what the statistics or protection rates are though. So dont quote me on these numbers, just from my experiences

Bombarding thank you for your insight.  It is helpful!

I have survived many firefights thaks to the ballistic vest. During one fight, i took 5 akm shots and lived. When i flanked him he exited the server right before i pulled the trigger. 

My honest opinion is unless your going full on PVP they are pointless...

Weight too much & protection to weight ratio isnt worth it. If someone spots you first; you're dead if that player isn't a retard even with the vests on. If you play smart and dont get caught out then you don't need a vest. They slow you down by minimising stamina and stamina is vital; stamina and some common sense will save you more times than a vest will.

Until ballistic vest pouches are on xbox then I wont wear a vest as its just like filling your backpack with bricks. 

• Haha 1

I agree the vests call for a minimalist play style. Dont underestimate them though. Until hold breath is implemented, they are worth it. 

12 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

I agree the vests call for a minimalist play style. Dont underestimate them though. Until hold breath is implemented, they are worth it. 

I do agree with this statement though. You can make them work, but you're looking like 1 assault rifle in hands, 1 sparks mag, few box of ammo, no cans of food just tuna as they weigh less and a canteen. Maybe you could sneak a small backpack or improvised back pack, but you're mainly playing that do so heavy pvp and dont want to loot horde.

But what @Powell x91 said is correct. 80% of the time, vest or no vest, if you are caught off guard, or seen first, you're gonna die. If you can get to cover and spot the target and strategically take them out, sure. Win win. But at 200m-300m, I've shot at a group of 3 bandits before, and I was looking down my scope the whole time. They went to a massive open building, and they couldn't find me at all.

So yea. I play by if I'm seen first I'm normally out, but I have had an instance where a cocky bandit rushed me and my friend. He damaged me but I banked on him leaving or rushing me like many do, and I camped the stair while my friend bandaged me behind me and fed me to boost health, sprayed him with an m4 as he walked up the stairs.

Personally I dont play like that, if I see you but you dont see me, I'll fire a few shots, if you're alive no matter what gear, if you can hide and I lose sight of you. Or I feel it's too risky to rush because itll give away my position, I'll fall bac, reposition and aim where I last saw you, and in 60s if I dont see you, I dip. But that's how I play.