Last night I decided to pick up a radio. Normally I don't bother but I happened to have a battery on me so, fiddled with it for a minute and then dropped it into my back back switched on. A bit later it started beeping occasionally. Is that another player trying to make contact? Or a battery warning? Anyone know much about radios?

• Like 1

It'll beep when the battery starts to die, always worth switching channels for a few minutes at a time and calling out if anyone's on the channel. You just use push to talk whilst the radios turned on, even if it's in your clothing or bag it'll still broadcast in prox chat and radio. If a player talks back it'll sound just like prox chat does but with a grainy radio style sound overlay. Hope this helps. I use them frequently when playin solo and have met with large peace keeping squads before through radio communication and gone bandit hunting lol. Good for squads who want to role play it abit more and totally use ingame chat, that way you can loot seperately but still stay In touch but with the risk of other player close by being able to listen in or hear you on there radio.  

• Thanks 1

I’m waiting for the bigger radios inside buildings and towers to work so I can start a radio station, play some music, have a talk back hour or something, call out bandit sightings or ask questions about the game and loot, even ammo and food prizes for answering quizzes lol

Edited by Eeyeoretherealone
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

I’m waiting for the bigger radios inside buildings and towers to work so I can start a radio station, play some music, have a talk back hour or something, call out bandit sightings or ask questions about the game and loot, even ammo and food prizes for answering quizzes lol

Lol, that would be pretty cool, you could recruit players to act as journalists, reporting on the action around Chernarus. Could be a pretty good basis for an RP server

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

This guy knows what's up <3

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Lol, that would be pretty cool, you could recruit players to act as journalists, reporting on the action around Chernarus. Could be a pretty good basis for an RP server

It would have to be a pirate radio station and move around every reset so bandits don’t find it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

It would have to be a pirate radio station and move around every reset so bandits don’t find it

Im sure in a time like this there are willing heros to keep guard over the only radio we'll hear 

Could also make it a point to be at the same one and bandits keep attacking would be great. We are under siege at the radio station all willing and able come to our aid(gun shots in the back). Have a huge bandit standoff would make for a fun video

• Like 2

This would be sooo sick, as long as the mic feedback isn't shite and you can actually hear the music etc clearly!

• Like 1

I'm definitely picking up the next radio I see,I've pretty much ignored them but I'm gonna start messing around it.

It would be crazy if someone half way across the map responded.

Love some of the ideas above with the bigger radio stations. I mean who the hell wouldn't go there once that sound starting booming through the air,so much potential with that one.

I don’t know if the megaphone works properly yet (I’ve tried but dunno if anyone was around to hear) but even without, there are a couple of tracks I play if I think someone is close like Faaip De Oaid from Tool’s Lateralus and Be Prepared for Hell from Slipknot’s .5. They’ll give anyone the heebie jeebies if they’re unsuspecting but my favourite is the Predators clicking noise I have on my phone. Scared a couple of survivors now in proxy chat with it hehe