Grumpellskellkin

Server Owner ?

So I’m south ish on the east coast and standing in a room fathoming the inventory controls as per usual(for me anyway) when I look up and a character is standing in front of me,he greets me with “hello mother dick” ? Proceeds to punch me twice before I respond by punching him reapeatedly till knocking him out,I then equipped an axe and killed him stripped him of everything, only to move off up a hill,when I hear the same American voice and he is back chasing and punching and insulting me,eventually I manage to drop an unloaded gun mount an axe and kill him again only to have him respawn and run up on me again claiming he owns the server,I’m a faggot and so on,so I let a Z kill me and moved server number.If this was the case someone surely should police server owners behaviour,I understand the principal of DayZ and love the game but this experience soured the evenings session for me,as the attitude of this child of the America’s was so self serving and vile it riled me for the next four hours.

Or was this just a hack ???

16 minutes ago, Grumpellskellkin said:

..//..

this happens on Xbox ?

9 minutes ago, Grumpellskellkin said:

Yes on Xbox,last night ,

funny when I think back but maddening at the time.

Go here :

and report it. This might seem complicated until you sort out how the Feedback Tracker works, but it is to report bugs, hacks = technical stuff that causes game problems.  It is worth it in the long run, fr you and other Xbox players.

A server owner (or anyone) should not be able to respawn themself kitted up or at a location they chose.  If what you say is fact, it definitely needs fixing.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*

There is no possibility on Xbox right now to define your spawn point. It is very likely the guy just had very lucky respawns (there is a major cluster of respawn points at the southeastern shoreline), and that he just found it funny to hunt you down as he saw his lucky spawns.

• Beans 1

Server owners arent even part of the xbox release as there is no way for us to rent servers. 

It sounds like you got seriously unlucky with those spawns. How he knew it was you is beyond me. But there should be no way for him to do that besides that 1 in a million chance. And you got it.

There will always be private servers where the admins are out of control and abuse privaliges, however, mostly... on public servers that someone rents/owns... 1 or 2 admins are mature enough, generally the owners, that they take no BS. And if they have server mods or admins that are reported to be abusing powers, teleporting, with good authority they are promptly stripped of rights and banned from server. But that is with proper owners.

32 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Server owners arent even part of the xbox release as there is no way for us to rent servers. 

It sounds like you got seriously unlucky with those spawns. How he knew it was you is beyond me. But there should be no way for him to do that besides that 1 in a million chance. And you got it.

There will always be private servers where the admins are out of control and abuse privaliges, however, mostly... on public servers that someone rents/owns... 1 or 2 admins are mature enough, generally the owners, that they take no BS. And if they have server mods or admins that are reported to be abusing powers, teleporting, with good authority they are promptly stripped of rights and banned from server. But that is with proper owners.

Yeah, that’s the thing with private servers. Much like in Ark, you really have to know the owner, and understand the rule set for their server for it to work.