Neophyter

Dead by Wolfpack

For all the people that say wolfs not in the game on xbox. 

After the player wipe that came with the update yestetday, me an my friend encountert the first time an wolfpack came out of nowere, and it didnt end well ? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm, I'd like to see a clip that shows this is Xbox. Everywhere I've read suggests they are not in game yet. I'm pretty sure PC experimental has them in but not console yet.

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Hmm, I'd like to see a clip that shows this is Xbox. Everywhere I've read suggests they are not in game yet. I'm pretty sure PC experimental has them in but not console yet.

Can also confirm I've been housed by wolf's, and by that I mean chased into a small 1x1 hut and surrounded. But it also sounded like there barks and howls attracted zombies and after about 5 minutes I just heard a single zombie. So zombies evidentally go after them which I thought was a nice touch.

Wolves certainly exist on the Xbox version! I've been stuck in the middle of three battles between them and zombies... Two of these instances occurred when I had nothing but a hatchet and a kitchen knife in which one of these took place on the outskirts of a village, the second happened quite a few blocks into a larger city. The third and last time I encountered wolves was when I was leaving a town and heading for the woods when the ambush happened... Although I had a gun at that point, I didn't want to shoot and alert other players that I had a one and the wolves ended up aggroing two zombies. Luckily for me there was a deer stand nearby that I immediately sprinted to, climbed up into, bandaged and waited for the zombies and wolves to take their little war far enough for me to climb down and disappear from. The funny thing is, I don't think they can actually kill each other as I hung around for nearly ten minutes for them to get far enough away not to notice me and at no point did either zombie or three wolves die...

Ah well, I stand corrected. Just couldn't find any official info on it. I would like to see some sort of list of things in game currently. Am I right in assuming that console version is pretty much 0.63 pc version? 

They do exist in xbox, and can be found (actually, they find you..) in the north.
If you kill 3 of them, the rest will flee.

I got attacked twice. Then I ate the pack leader.. but I also brought my pistol to the party so it was brief, but still, scary.

Yeah i ran shortly after the character wipe into them so i  had nothing to shoot? me and my buddy counted 8 Wolfes but that can be diffrent. Seen clips from people with wolfpacks from 5 up 12 ?.  P. S if someone wants the proof an see the clip on my xbox profile, gamertag is: NeoPhyTer1987

2 hours ago, Shootygame said:

Looking at the suppresor? On an ru?

3 hours ago, Molecular Drift 1.0 said:

Wolves certainly exist on the Xbox version! I've been stuck in the middle of three battles between them and zombies... Two of these instances occurred when I had nothing but a hatchet and a kitchen knife in which one of these took place on the outskirts of a village, the second happened quite a few blocks into a larger city. The third and last time I encountered wolves was when I was leaving a town and heading for the woods when the ambush happened... Although I had a gun at that point, I didn't want to shoot and alert other players that I had a one and the wolves ended up aggroing two zombies. Luckily for me there was a deer stand nearby that I immediately sprinted to, climbed up into, bandaged and waited for the zombies and wolves to take their little war far enough for me to climb down and disappear from. The funny thing is, I don't think they can actually kill each other as I hung around for nearly ten minutes for them to get far enough away not to notice me and at no point did either zombie or three wolves die...

I was attacked by wolves in the northern military base.  They started to fight the zombies and several zombies actually got killed by the wolves.  It was intense and fun.  I thought I was a goner until I ran into the 2nd floor of a building.  The wolves came into the first floor after me.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I've seen wolves 2 times on xbox. This was weeks ago but still.

I made a fire and a pack of 10 flocked to me. Then I was looting tents, got kicked, rejoined and there is like 10 plus a full 10 zombies.

They all started fighting each other but those wolf buggers almost got me.

Yeah the wolves are up north and they are vicious!

I had a fun little gun fight in one of the military bases which was a proper potato war,panicked sweaty mess of a fight where one of my bullets ricocheted of a wall and hit him in the arse killing him instantly!

I swoop in grab that sweet looty pop a few zombies and flee deep in the woods!

When my heart stopped pounding in my head I found a nice little spot to sort through my booty ,completely oblivious to the angry howling wolves that had circled me. When I realised what was happening I jumped to my feet and fired of some warning shots to sky.

Turns out that warning shots aren't effective at all. These wolves are crazy,man.

Just before I died I tried to run like the massive coward I am but he just done this weird little waddle thing and then the screen flashes red.

Stared at that screen in shock for 15 minutes 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kynero1 said:

I was attacked by wolves in the northern military base.  They started to fight the zombies and several zombies actually got killed by the wolves.  It was intense and fun.  I thought I was a goner until I ran into the 2nd floor of a building.  The wolves came into the first floor after me.

Awesome job! It's nice to know the NPC hostiles can indeed kill one another.

They have been on Xbox since the beginning I ran into them in my 2nd character in the North East, whoever says they are not there have been lucky not to ever counter them

On 9/19/2018 at 8:18 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I promise there in the game I've encountered them on 3 separate occasions while running the northern map border 

Edited by Jerry Young

Yeah, like I said, I stand corrected. I just had the impression they were only in experimental. Excited and anxious about bumping into some. Apparently grizzly bears might be getting added too? 

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, like I said, I stand corrected. I just had the impression they were only in experimental. Excited and anxious about bumping into some. Apparently grizzly bears might be getting added too? 

You'll hear the wolves before you see them,but by that stage they've probably locked on to you and they move quick and are a bit janky and if the you don't take out the first wolf immediately  your in trouble,honestly they ripped me apart in 2 or 3 bites and I was fully geared.

Bears would be a great addition. Id love to see a massive Grisly rip through a horde of zombies.

Not yet encountered wolves, I don't doubt that they are in the game, how do they perform? Are they laggy or do they attack with smoothness?

@Deathbykarma you wouldn't happen to be an Irish lad would you? Me and a friend met some Irish guys last night with a similar story! We had a firefight in Kamy

They are definitely in-game. I was mauled by a wolfpack 2 days ago, and I have countered them before (I had a gun the first time, and was able to kill them all). 

I also have a couple buddies in our group who were mauled by wolves as they were running through the woods alone trying to meet up with us. The wolves do exist and you are DEAD if you do not have a gun with ammo to defend yourself.

If you want comfirmation go to Tisy military base and hop server to low population and youll be met with a group of upwards of 30 wolves at a time as there are several packs up there. I enjoy sitting on the top of the one building and watching the battle between zombies and wolves its quite amusing almost looks like they are playing

On 9/21/2018 at 10:12 AM, droefheid said:

Not yet encountered wolves, I don't doubt that they are in the game, how do they perform? Are they laggy or do they attack with smoothness?

They are loud if anything just gotta funnel them through a doorway and its just as easy as zombies only problem is they actually retreat when you swing your weapon and they surround you so best bet is to have a gun before you cross the middle of map because they can be anywhere in the thick wooded areas. Youll definately hear them long before they show up.

Yes they are for sure in the game.  I nearly got mauled to death by a pack of 3.  I panicked so much that I forgot how to load my gun! Luckily I got there in the end, I was like a panicked person who jammed his gun irl!

But yeah you do not want to encounter a pack without a gun else your screwed, the OP trying to kill them with a machete would of never succeeded, but i guess you gotta try right?

But yeah if you hear howling........RUN! Get to the nearest building as quick as you can, unless you got fair amount of ammo then just unload your lead into them, pause.

Wolves didn't seem to lag or glitch for me they seemed to perform pretty well in the game.

Edited by Los Bandito