Sign in to follow this  
Skruffy

Server Reset Times Not Displaying.

I have been kicked off the servers 4x moe. 1 server I was in for almost 90 min, never saw a reset message. The next one I was in for 20 min, and never saw a reset message. At first I thought it was because reset times jumped from every 2 hours to every 4 hours, but yea.

Anyone else experiencing this?

After posting this I put into another server. Kicked me within 5 min. And database locked me.

Edited by Bombarding
  • Thanks 2

Yup. Was playing with a friend, we got kicked together after 2 hours, then after much less, maybe 30-60 min. Then we got kicked separately for 3 times, at one time the game crashed completely for me. But mostly it was pure fun. 

36 minutes ago, Tarkules said:

Yup. Was playing with a friend, we got kicked together after 2 hours, then after much less, maybe 30-60 min. Then we got kicked separately for 3 times, at one time the game crashed completely for me. But mostly it was pure fun. 

Oh I know. Even with crashes I love the game. I've been waiting a long time for DayZ.

I'm just curious if the devs know that the latest patch has removed server restart notifications. It is rather inconvenient to spawn, run 200m, then get kicked, repeat because another server was restarting then get locked in database because I triggered the server hopping issue.

Hope it gets resolved soon, I need to know as do many, when servers are resetting. It is a fairly valuable piece of the UI in game

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Bombarding said:

Oh I know. Even with crashes I love the game. I've been waiting a long time for DayZ.

I'm just curious if the devs know that the latest patch has removed server restart notifications. It is rather inconvenient to spawn, run 200m, then get kicked, repeat because another server was restarting then get locked in database because I triggered the server hopping issue.

Hope it gets resolved soon, I need to know as do many, when servers are resetting. It is a fairly valuable piece of the UI in game

Seen this earlier at work...I just got my fresh spawn character logged in and after an hour, ping...I got kicked. 

I was so immersed in getting back to some sort of decent pregression and totally forgot theres no reset timer pop up lol 

Didnt lose any items or leave in a bad place, All is well I hope lol well, After I got a skalisty island spawn and ended up making it nearly to cherno already and getting half decent spawn loot along the way I hope thats whats just happened anyway haha

Main problem with it is; when the server resets and kicks you, You get rolled back a few minutes...When you leave manually prior to the reset; you keep all progresssion. 

That's my issue with it.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, Powell x91 said:

Main problem with it is; when the server resets and kicks you, You get rolled back a few minutes...When you leave manually prior to the reset; you keep all progresssion. 

That's my issue with it.

And of course, if youre looting or have items on the ground, in fireplaces etc etc etc its all gone.

1 hour ago, Powell x91 said:

And of course, if youre looting or have items on the ground, in fireplaces etc etc etc its all gone.

Update - You don't lose anything past a certain time limit, I haven't worked it out yet but twice in 10 minutes its happened. Quite frustrating.

Found a cooking pot; Was storing items into it and server reset. Lost the new cooking pot. 

Second time, Found a yellow protective case....Sorted my items out and boom...reset. lost the new yellow protective case.

Luckily didn't lose any items that I was storing as I can only mico-manage items into the cooking pot etc whilst its on the ground, in my vicinity. 

I feel though, if the timing is right (or wrong as it would be lol) you would potentially lose your items.

Sign in to follow this