Major Plums

Xbox Update Broke Game

Hi guys, since the update my game won’t load. It’s just idles on the loading screen, the icon does a few rotations then freezes. My screen gets darker on occasion but nothing else really happens. Please help #heartbroken

The update reset my character I’m basically a new spawn idk if it was just for me or for other people 

24 minutes ago, Sundeww said:

The update reset my character I’m basically a new spawn idk if it was just for me or for other people 

I lost everything on 3 separate characters, not happy.

Some communication from the devs would be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

The update post CLEARLY states ALL characters are RESET!!!

Link? I’m not seeing those exact words, I may have just skimmed over it

29 minutes ago, Peter Seyler said:

Link? I’m not seeing those exact words, I may have just skimmed over it

Read the first post man, it states it clear as day in BOLD text.

• Thanks 1

Ive been kicked out of game multiple times in past hour. Switching to a diff server doesnt fix it. In past 15 minutes its kicked me 3 times. Very odd it doesnt say the red message of no connection my interwebs is fine. Seems the servers cant handle something mayve im just too damn sexi 

4 hours ago, Major Plums said:

Hi guys, since the update my game won’t load. It’s just idles on the loading screen, the icon does a few rotations then freezes. My screen gets darker on occasion but nothing else really happens. Please help #heartbroken

Anyway...

Try to delete your local saved data and restart the game. Can be found in the xbox manage menu of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Ive been kicked out of game multiple times in past hour. Switching to a diff server doesnt fix it. In past 15 minutes its kicked me 3 times. Very odd it doesnt say the red message of no connection my interwebs is fine. Seems the servers cant handle something mayve im just too damn sexi 

This is an issue I reported. Seems server reset messages are not being shown right now. And check out @Powell x91 post on this thread linking to the patch notes here:

Where it says "All characters will recieve a reset to fix the players locked in database" 

To which my first reaction was thank you. Because the same people running the same loadout for 2 weeks is a joke. I encourage these resets, but would like a before hand post before the update goes live. Not that it matters, I think it is needed and fantastic. Starting over is great.

• Beans 1

8 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

This is an issue I reported. Seems server reset messages are not being shown right now. And check out @Powell x91 post on this thread linking to the patch notes here:

Where it says "All characters will recieve a reset to fix the players locked in database" 

To which my first reaction was thank you. Because the same people running the same loadout for 2 weeks is a joke. I encourage these resets, but would like a before hand post before the update goes live. Not that it matters, I think it is needed and fantastic. Starting over is great.

Starting over is great if its deserved. This is early release so idc much as the loots so broken you can get geared in 4 cities. 1 hour or so. Lets us practice guns n such. A few bugs have really ticked me off though the invisible zombies and constant kicks are a hassle

Not only that but now my guns dont reload clips they only reload the 1 round. I tried all the tricks to fix dropping gun sliding into the clip slot pressing b dropping both emptying clip and firing gun. I even tried the work around i was using for a week without a single problem which was put my clip in the quick slot and rather then press a i pressed b and it would reload that clip into the gun. None of them work now not with m4 9mm handgun or akm... great to happen in the middle of airfield 

10 hours ago, Tarkules said:

Anyway...

Try to delete your local saved data and restart the game. Can be found in the xbox manage menu of the game.

Thanks Tarkules, it’s been a nightmare tbh. My fave new game was running smooth as hell and gradually died due to updates that improve quality of life for everyone bar me. Boohoo etc. Fingers crossed the devs see my pain and respond ASAP... 

13 hours ago, Anyeurysm said:

I lost everything on 3 separate characters, not happy.

Some communication from the devs would be helpful.

It's game preview and the game loading screen and forum development cycle details state clearly that with every update players should expect full character wipes. The games pre alpha which means you've paid for the abity to help test the game to make it better over time, that cannot be achieved without constant server database resets. If this process will upset you maybe take a break and play Dayz once it's at 1.0 release

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Not only that but now my guns dont reload clips they only reload the 1 round. I tried all the tricks to fix dropping gun sliding into the clip slot pressing b dropping both emptying clip and firing gun. I even tried the work around i was using for a week without a single problem which was put my clip in the quick slot and rather then press a i pressed b and it would reload that clip into the gun. None of them work now not with m4 9mm handgun or akm... great to happen in the middle of airfield 

Gotta have spare inventory space where mag is stored (weight of applicable clip)to switch mags, also mags have to imbibed in hand with bullets and hold RT to reload. The game won't reload an empty mag with an empty mag . Hope this helps, oh you need enough space around you to complete animation too so don't try reloading in a tree etc as it'll block it.

9 hours ago, Bombarding said:

. Because the same people running the same loadout for 2 weeks is a joke.

I encourage these resets,Starting over is great.

xD People finding stuff and wanting to keep it is a joke? 

1 hour ago, droefheid said:

xD People finding stuff and wanting to keep it is a joke? 

Yes it is. I've had the same fear for 1.5 weeks, wasnt killed. Its so boring.

If you're good enough you can get that exact same gear in 2 hours. What's the big deal. It is a survival game. When you die you start from zero and build up. I just dont understand why people dont recognize that concept. If you havent died one time in the past 2 weeks, and you've been running around fully kitted. Lol. Sorry to say it, but if I get bored I suicide emote with full kits. 

I'm not saying collecting gear and hoarding is bad, but you gotta start over a few times. And if you're not gonna die because you roll in a 10 man crew and dominate a server, then sweet, let the character resets happen. It's unfair entirely when an entire squad has SVDs and aks, with more food and water than they all can deal with.

If you dont think it is unfai, try playing lone wolf for a bit and running across these guys.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

If you're good enough you can get that exact same gear in 2 hours. What's the big deal. It is a survival game. When you die you start from zero and build up. I just dont understand why people dont recognize that concept. If you havent died one time in the past 2 weeks, and you've been running around fully kitted. Lol. Sorry to say it, but if I get bored I suicide emote with full kits. 

I'm not saying collecting gear and hoarding is bad, but you gotta start over a few times. And if you're not gonna die because you roll in a 10 man crew and dominate a server, then sweet, let the character resets happen. It's unfair entirely when an entire squad has SVDs and aks, with more food and water than they all can deal with.

If you dont think it is unfai, try playing lone wolf for a bit and running across these guys.

I have ran across them, what makes it unfair though? Like you said, it's a survival game, your point suggests dying is part of the game experience? 

The people who have geared up fully are clearly people who have invested some time into the game, not always, I'll agree that. They have something to show for their time spent in game, so why should they have that taken away from them unfairly because someone thinks character resets are necessary to level the playing field?

That's just your play style, bro. Doesn't mean everyone plays like that, I, personally like to gear up and travel around, the map is huge, something different is always happening. 

Edited by droefheid

3 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Gotta have spare inventory space where mag is stored (weight of applicable clip)to switch mags, also mags have to imbibed in hand with bullets and hold RT to reload. The game won't reload an empty mag with an empty mag . Hope this helps, oh you need enough space around you to complete animation too so don't try reloading in a tree etc as it'll block it.

It seems i just had to replace the guns and just gonna use my method it works well enough. Y still seems to jam guns for me. I have more then enough space etc

1 hour ago, Bombarding said:

Idk ive played lone wolf since start on xbox and its pretty easy most people dont pay attention at all. Ive dropped 4 man squads without them even shooting a shot. Ive only played for a few weeks but ive watched a ton of videos looked into wiki for gear stats etc and its pretty easy to know why. If you are by yourself always have a way out or a way to defend yourself. I suggest a lockpick even if the other team has one 3rd person is easy to make the first kill or hit. People tend to want to retreat and regroup after even one or two hits so thats when you watch and recorrect. All i see is pubg type fighting groups running through fields at air base and high population areas. Not many people using cover watching over an area before looking. The KOS everywhere except rare moments should make you more aware and alert. As for people who complain about gear theres like 40 settlements and there are routes less traveled and more rewarding if you cant get an akm or m4 military outfit silencers etc in a few hours you need to go look stuff up. Thats why its funny to see all this crying it will be alot harder to even survive when the game starts actually working. Drinking pond water and chilling in the rain isnt going to cut it anymore raw meat either. Loot not respawning every 90 minutes and so many different loadouts. This is just the start. Adapt before you get more upset you spent 40 bucks only to realize the games harder then you expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Chris Burton said:

Idk ive played lone wolf since start on xbox and its pretty easy most people dont pay attention at all. Ive dropped 4 man squads without them even shooting a shot. Ive only played for a few weeks but ive watched a ton of videos looked into wiki for gear stats etc and its pretty easy to know why. If you are by yourself always have a way out or a way to defend yourself. I suggest a lockpick even if the other team has one 3rd person is easy to make the first kill or hit. People tend to want to retreat and regroup after even one or two hits so thats when you watch and recorrect. All i see is pubg type fighting groups running through fields at air base and high population areas. Not many people using cover watching over an area before looking. The KOS everywhere except rare moments should make you more aware and alert. As for people who complain about gear theres like 40 settlements and there are routes less traveled and more rewarding if you cant get an akm or m4 military outfit silencers etc in a few hours you need to go look stuff up. Thats why its funny to see all this crying it will be alot harder to even survive when the game starts actually working. Drinking pond water and chilling in the rain isnt going to cut it anymore raw meat either. Loot not respawning every 90 minutes and so many different loadouts. This is just the start. Adapt before you get more upset you spent 40 bucks only to realize the games harder then you expected.

True. I'm new to dayz though have watched countless hours on You tube. My first couple of characters died fairly quickly of thirst or starvation. I was also naive about the map. When you've watched lots of dayz you feel you know it until you actually start rolling around 225 square km of map. But you quickly pick it up and become familiar with routes and hotspots.this game will definitely get harder and more challenging as things are added. If people are frustrated already, it's probably not the game for them. I don't agree with the idea of character wipes as a norm. I accept the need in updates, but wouldn't want it as a feature. Maybe those that want this sort of feature might benefit when private servers are introduced and you can have whatever rules you want in your own server, but it definitely shouldn't be forced on everyone.

13 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Starting over is great if its deserved. This is early release so idc much as the loots so broken you can get geared in 4 cities. 1 hour or so. Lets us practice guns n such. A few bugs have really ticked me off though the invisible zombies and constant kicks are a hassle

What cities? I don't gear up in any city as they don't have any decent gear. You gear up at military bases and tents and air fields and crash sites. Unless you're considering being geared having a pistol with no clip a Mosin with no bullets and a mountain back pack -_-

If im newspawn i go into mid population server. There are plenty of guns and clips you just gotta look. Almost every town has a store citys have a ton of stores with guard stations police stations and some have tents. There are bunkers in some towns just gotta travel. The first week i didnt make it too many days but i explored everywhere. Just found 3 heli drops in a row in a 1 hour time span. I highly recommend playing with a map. Download the iZurvive DayZ app on google store its great if you do group with people because you can place markers. It shows all locations and you can wiki which places give you what you want. Double stack buildings like piano buildings the red and green ones all have great loot. Dont be afraid to stalk a geared player worst case scenario you lose nothing. Anyone dies from a few well placed bullets or a headshot so take your time dont rush. Watch some youtube videos of pc streamers they are worth their fair share of info

32 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

True. I'm new to dayz though have watched countless hours on You tube. My first couple of characters died fairly quickly of thirst or starvation. I was also naive about the map. When you've watched lots of dayz you feel you know it until you actually start rolling around 225 square km of map. But you quickly pick it up and become familiar with routes and hotspots.this game will definitely get harder and more challenging as things are added. If people are frustrated already, it's probably not the game for them. I don't agree with the idea of character wipes as a norm. I accept the need in updates, but wouldn't want it as a feature. Maybe those that want this sort of feature might benefit when private servers are introduced and you can have whatever rules you want in your own server, but it definitely shouldn't be forced on everyone.

Its only during the early access the game is not finished we are basically paying to play on a game being constantly tweaked and added to. This is step 1 out of 100. From what ive seen there are soo many things that need to be added and so far even the important things like guns server stability etc are an issue. I enjoy it already and losing the gear is definately unpleasant but there will probably be dozens more down the line. Ill give them props though an update every week.