Sign in to follow this  
TomJKD

When will vehicles be added to the game and what vehicles?

I've been wondering since you've brought the game out on xbox preview when you will be adding vehicles to the game and what type of vehicles exactly as I've seen many versions of the game on PC and they've made the game incredibly playable.  Dayz's map is just too big to be walking everywhere every time.  By the time you've met you're groups that's already 2+ hours just walking. If you could answer anything that would be great

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-28th-november#/vehicles3

"DAYZ BETA FEATURES

With regards to features, anything that's already in 0.62 legacy build will be present in BETA. Features listed below are either completly new, or improved significantly over the legacy implementation.

-snip-

Cars, together with basebuilding a helicopters, represent a pinnacle of player progression in DayZ. They require maintenance and parts, and will be expanded by core technology changes, improving their usability and reliability:

Significantly improved network synchronisation, physics and simulation

Damage system

large improvement to how damage is managed on vehicles

Vehicle maitenance

large improvement in vehicle managment, usage and functions

Controls

improved control scheme and options"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DAYZ BETA CONTENT

As far as content is concerned, we've had to make some more shuffling around, and the initial BETA release won't maintain a 1 to 1 parity with the content in 0.62 legacy version. That said, content is easier to implement than features or core technology, and the progress there will be quite fast during BETA/post 1.0.

BETA VEHICLES

definitely in BETA

Offroad 

V3S

most likely in BETA, definitely by 1.0

Civilian Sedan

Bus

Littlebird helicopter"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CONTENT FOR RELEASE BEFORE 1.0 / POST 1.0

For the rest, our goal is to get as close to 0.62 content as possible during all BETA updates, but we can not 100% estimate which particular weapons, animals or vehicles will be ready for 1.0. We're putting all the remaining content under one list for that reason.

-snip-

VEHICLES

Skoda 1203

Skoda 120

VW Golf

Multicar

Bicycle

Motorbikes

Plane"

Please, please, please, if you're new, go back and read, read, read.

ALL of the status reports and maybe even the old build threads.

If you're going to be passionate about this game and spend hundreds of hours playing it, you might want to take a few hours to read up on it.

3 hours ago, TomJKD said:

I've been wondering since you've brought the game out on xbox preview when you will be adding vehicles to the game and what type of vehicles exactly as I've seen many versions of the game on PC and they've made the game incredibly playable.  Dayz's map is just too big to be walking everywhere every time.  By the time you've met you're groups that's already 2+ hours just walking. If you could answer anything that would be great

Have patience dude. The games been out about a month, give it time. The core mechanics still need implemented and are WAY more important than some vehicles.

Vehicles will likely come in the next major content patch. Currently we are going through a series of stability patches. Which is perfect and most needed. Once stability has been ironed out. We will receive the first of many content patches followed by more stability patches.

We are at v.63.148, which is an experimental branch I believe, .63.0 is the stable branch, so I would imagine .65.0 will probably be at or around the time of a content patch. 

Based on the developer timeline of trying to go 1.0 in Q1-Q2 2019, I'd imagine it may be .70 that is the big content patches, i.e tents, base building and fortifying, cars, helicopters, and night time.

We may escalate version number quickly, although I really hope to see some major content. Even if the game as is right now is basically the 1.0 version minus some stuff. By 1.0 i will probably have had my fill, and play occasionally. I would like to see enough major content coming to push me past 1.0, but who knows. Live in the now and enjoy what it is now.

Sign in to follow this