Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.63.148743

Hello guys,

we are going to release a new Experimental update in a few minutes.

• fixes for spawning of loot around dynamic events
  • fixes for proper admin log functionality
  • fixes of database loading errors
  • server stability fixes
  • private shard servers are listed as private now
  • changes to prevent speed hacks
  • basic armor system implemented (e.g. vests and helmets take part of the damage of the damaged body part until they are ruined)
  • changes to the chat UI
  • fixes aimed at preventing a character getting a permanent DB lockout
  • fix for the hit detection issues
  • fixes for magazine getting stuck in weapon and not allowing for manipulation
  • fixes for proper display of official/private servers in browser
  • fixes for proper logging of server .rpt files

We will update official experimental servers first and GSP will afterward update community servers (which shouldn't take longer than 1 hour).

No wipe.

Have a nice day, Survivors!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 13

Are the server files still going to be release today ? If not, will there be a communication about it ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrosTon1 said:

Are the server files still going to be release today ? If not, will there be a communication about it ?

this

Theres a strange delay just after you eat an apple, F is hanging and you cant put stuff into hands for 2-3 seconds, its been here for a couple of versions, its still not addressed, should i file issue in the tracker? 

1 hour ago, GrosTon1 said:

i aslo would like to know this.

Due to issues found in the new update, we are staying on the current version. The servers should be up in the next hour. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Beans 3

Why is everyone thinking that the server files are being released today? They said this week, so sit down and wait.

Just now, amadieus said:

Why is everyone thinking that the server files are being released today? They said this week, so sit down and wait.

They Said this week, a week ago today. Hence why people are asking.

Just now, TyC-Infiniti said:

They Said this week, a week ago today. Hence why people are asking.

I know, but this week is not over yet, right?

2 minutes ago, amadieus said:

I know, but this week is not over yet, right?

The actual quote they used is "within the next week"  I'm not the devs, but I read this as, within the next 7 days (A standard week) And as they posted that, exactly 7 days ago in the status report......

I'm guessing that is how other people read it as well. All and all, probably not the right forum thread for this anyway.

2 minutes ago, TyC-Infiniti said:

The actual quote they used is "within the next week"  I'm not the devs, but I read this as, within the next 7 days (A standard week) And as they posted that, exactly 7 days ago in the status report......

I'm guessing that is how other people read it as well. All and all, probably not the right forum thread for this anyway.

Yeah I also re-read it and I can understand why some might read it that way. Difference would be 'Within a week (7days)' and 'Within the next week (mo-su)'.

I was just very surprised that I saw so many people on twitter going on about it.

18 minutes ago, SafewaLife said:

? I'll miss you svd :'(

"As the nature of the Experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed. Persistence/Character wipes are to be expected!"

• Like 1

Everybody is asking because the devs announces the server files for today.

On the 18th of September, everyone will be able to download the 0.63 Server Files from Steam, and host their own DayZ server.

So whats the problem to ask?

44 minutes ago, StampeRnator said:

Everybody is asking because the devs announces the server files for today.

So whats the problem to ask?

Because they did not specify that it will be released today in the SR but did for server owners in the newsletter, which I don't receive.

Edited by amadieus

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

They said specifically 18.09. in the server owner newsletter

3 hours ago, themightylc said:

They said specifically 18.09. in the server owner newsletter

And something came up that prevented them from releasing them

14 hours ago, horked said:

Theres a strange delay just after you eat an apple, F is hanging and you cant put stuff into hands for 2-3 seconds, its been here for a couple of versions, its still not addressed, should i file issue in the tracker? 

It's a known issue. Doesn't just happen with apples, I get it with plums and chicken too. Anyway it's on the big "to do" list of lesser priority, more disruptive bugs will be taken care of first.

Edited by Beavis3D