ImpulZ

Xbox Update 18/09/2018

1 hour ago, H3x fenrir said:

So you can talk to people in game chat while still in your Xbox live party 

no you still have to go from party chat to game chat to talk in game. what they mean by fixed is that before this update you would have to restart the game for game chat to work when leaving a party but now you dont have to.

4 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Voip definItely works, I've spoken to several people after update in person  and on radio, I even was in party chat and switched to game chat and it worked so dunno why you think it doesn't work. You gotta press down & hold on the dpad to open mike or double tap down to open permanently like before update.

Please explain this in detail.  2 items:

1. While in an Xbox party were you able to go into game chat by simply pressing down on D pad or did you have to go into game chat through Xbox menu first?

2. Can you hear other survivors trying to talk to you in game while you are in an Xbox party?

46 minutes ago, Kynero1 said:

1. While in an Xbox party were you able to go into game chat by simply pressing down on D pad or did you have to go into game chat through Xbox menu first?

2. Can you hear other survivors trying to talk to you in game while you are in an Xbox party?

1. no you still have to go from party chat to game chat to talk in game. what they mean by fixed is that before this update you would have to restart the game for game chat to work when leaving a party but now you dont have to.

2. im not sure

5 minutes ago, pedro135 said:

1. no you still have to go from party chat to game chat to talk in game. what they mean by fixed is that before this update you would have to restart the game for game chat to work when leaving a party but now you dont have to.

2. im not sure

Pedro thanks for reply to clarify:

When you say go from Xbox party chat to game chat the change is through the Xbox menu not using pushing down on D pad?

On 9/18/2018 at 11:56 AM, Lee Macauley said:

It's not about what I lost bellend it's the fact I spent hours of my real time running around finding all the stuff without sever hopping which is what your ment to do.. walking to titsy and back to the coast takes well over a hour in real time so yeah really wanna do that again.. and guy spawned in on me at a base yesterday I shot him straight away I hope this was you!!

Lol did u think u where going to keep all ur loot till 1.0 u would of wasted days to weeks of ur time plus i dont go titsy i go nw air feild and yes i do server hope because idrc it a game with bare minimum content that going to get wiped from are inventory eventually so get over it it going to happen many many more times. Spending hours in a server must mean u have too much time get off ur ass and go spend time with family if they havent left you yet

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Well basically, youre better off to stop playing now and come back once its full release or after a few more months of development. 

Either way, if you run around like a twat, as you put it, whether its for an hour or 5 minutes, you're still going to lose progress. Just how it is rn as a game preview. Put up or shut up is the way about it.

Lose progress that guy is lossing brain cells

6 hours ago, H3x fenrir said:

So you can talk to people in game chat while still in your Xbox live party 

No will it ever be like that no xbox would have to customize the xbox party system for dayz which will it happen probally not that why everyone on pubg doesnt relized that it pointless

29 minutes ago, Xtaker of lifeX said:

Lose progress that guy is lossing brain cells

No will it ever be like that no xbox would have to customize the xbox party system for dayz which will it happen probally not that why everyone on pubg doesnt relized that it pointless

Yes it is severely disappointing! Xbox should team up with Discord! 

3 hours ago, Kynero1 said:

1. You need to manually switch from party to game chat in the xbox menu, a quicker way of doing this rather than scrolling left to your party and having to go into party options is to simply press your central xbox controller button tap down to party and you'll see contextual options on screen saying tap the start button to instantly switch back and forth. It's much quicker.

2. Yes if you are in party chat and another player within range uses prox chat ingame you will hear it. It's overlayed game sound so doesn't come through your party chat, the sound quality isn't as flood as party chat and it's pretty loud. Seems like the range is about 20-25 meters but I think it's volume based so if you shout players can hear it further away.

Hope this helps :)

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, Neophyter said:

But u guys know that of course u still have to press "switch to gamechat" in the xbox party menu?  Then either hold or double tab down on the dpad. VoIP fix dosent mean u just hold down dpad  an talk while u still in a party

But we were lead to believe it would work like that. You can even hear people in game chat sometimes when you're in a party, I'm pretty sure the intention is to make it so you can talk in game from the party, or why else can you hear people and why is it broken.

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

1. You need to manually switch from party to game chat in the xbox menu, a quicker way of doing this rather than scrolling left to your party and having to go into party options is to simply press your central xbox controller button tap down to party and you'll see contextual options on screen saying tap the start button to instantly switch back and forth. It's much quicker.

2. Yes if you are in party chat and another player within range uses prox chat ingame you will hear it. It's overlayed game sound so doesn't come through your party chat, the sound quality isn't as flood as party chat and it's pretty loud. Seems like the range is about 20-25 meters but I think it's volume based so if you shout players can hear it further away.

I wish I'd have read this before my last comment -_- derp

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 9:02 AM, ProsecuteCrime1 said:

Can you please elaborate on what "Fixed VoIP" issues means? Did this mean that if I'm in a party, I can toggle my proximity chat on and then back off?

Edited by Deathbykarma

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

YetiBum, Thank you for the detailed explanation.  I will check it out.  I hope we get the ability to go directly into game chat from Xbox party chat by just pressing down on D pad that would be much easier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I wish I'd have read this before my last comment -_- derp

Not working for me I press the controller guide button and hit start and all it says is refresh, doesn't give me an option to quickly switch from party to game chat.

On 18/09/2018 at 5:08 PM, Lee Macauley said:

Yeah early access to game that's not working right at all shouldnt charge us £30 then I wouldn't give a fuck at all 

They never asked you to buy it as a pre realise did they you done it yourself ?

11 hours ago, pedro135 said:

2. im not sure

If you had a wireless headset all you had to do was leave party and turn headset off and on again

On 9/18/2018 at 11:52 AM, Arctic Volkssturm said:

Glad I spent all night grinding a new full kit and finding/fixing up my first svd 

Was this SVD one you found on a player north of sever?

found this video and works for me,every bulet hit

On 9/19/2018 at 2:51 AM, H3x fenrir said:

Guns are still a little buggy can confirm also voip doesn’t work

If you want to hear in game chat then "switch to game chat" in party options.

Is it working for you?

7 hours ago, Tea_420 said:

Was this SVD one you found on a player north of sever?

Nah I found it badly damaged in a helicopter crash SE of NW airbase along with a Smersh backpack. Ran all the way back to airbase to clean it and stock up on ammo and even found duct tape and a bottle to craft the suppressor. Oh well I'll find another sometime I'm good with my ak

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Is it working for you?

Still having issues with game chat, I hope this comment helps:

Xbox version 63.148707: We have been experimenting while in a party and trying to get into game chat and it is not working reliably.  I was in a Xbox party last night and in Xbox party chat.  We decided to stay in the party but switch over to game chat after logging into a server.  Through Xbox menu we hit the large glowing Xbox button on controller scrolled down to highlight party and then we had an option to go into game chat by pushing the small (select or menu?) button on left of glowing Xbox controller button.  We did this and it said we were in game chat.  In the game we double pressed down on D pad so microphone icon shows in HUD.  The first time we did this everyone in the party seemed to be in game chat and we could hear each other over speakers.

However, this did not work after leaving a server keeping the party together and entering another server while in party chat.  We could not switch into game chat again???  We tried several times and it would not work.  We did find that if we stayed in an Xbox party and also stayed in game chat in Xbox menu we could leave the sever and enter a new server and it would keep us in game chat.  But, if we switched back to party chat and then switched back to game chat it would not work.

I know this is more complicated than it should be and we do not have confidence that if we are in party chat that we can reliably move to game chat.  So maybe further testing on development side is needed?

Also a question on your comment above,  if we are in party chat and we run up on another survivor in the world can we hear them if they try to talk to us in game chat through our proximity sound so we know to switch to game chat from party chat?

5 hours ago, Kynero1 said:

Still having issues with game chat, I hope this comment helps:

Xbox version 63.148707: We have been experimenting while in a party and trying to get into game chat and it is not working reliably.  I was in a Xbox party last night and in Xbox party chat.  We decided to stay in the party but switch over to game chat after logging into a server.  Through Xbox menu we hit the large glowing Xbox button on controller scrolled down to highlight party and then we had an option to go into game chat by pushing the small (select or menu?) button on left of glowing Xbox controller button.  We did this and it said we were in game chat.  In the game we double pressed down on D pad so microphone icon shows in HUD.  The first time we did this everyone in the party seemed to be in game chat and we could hear each other over speakers.

However, this did not work after leaving a server keeping the party together and entering another server while in party chat.  We could not switch into game chat again???  We tried several times and it would not work.  We did find that if we stayed in an Xbox party and also stayed in game chat in Xbox menu we could leave the sever and enter a new server and it would keep us in game chat.  But, if we switched back to party chat and then switched back to game chat it would not work.

I know this is more complicated than it should be and we do not have confidence that if we are in party chat that we can reliably move to game chat.  So maybe further testing on development side is needed?

Also a question on your comment above,  if we are in party chat and we run up on another survivor in the world can we hear them if they try to talk to us in game chat through our proximity sound so we know to switch to game chat from party chat?

Yes you'll hear people in prox chat even whilst in a party set to party chat. I can confirm this, sound like a weird bug you had there I've tested the same thing and had no issues to it definitely requires a more indepth look. I'd suggest joining the bug reporting site and reporting it there though as it'll be read and noticed more by a dev

I'm still getting hela freezing when using trigger to scroll up and down in inventory. It's usually when I'm scrolling up from the top to go directly to the bottom, freezes 90% of the time. 

I've started pressing my right stick in so my Inventories aren't showing unless I need them and only scrolling down and not short cutting and going up to go to the bottom fast which seems to help but yeah the freezing is still a HUGE issue. I froze about 6 times today in a 2 hour play session.

Also today I came across a heli crash site only when I got to it there was no Heli or loot, just a big plume of smoke. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Is it working for you?

Just want to send another comment I have also logged this on bug website.  My Xbox party and I did more experimenting last night with switching from party chat to game chat.

After my Xbox party entered a server we switched from party chat to game chat through Xbox menu.  It worked the first time.  However, the party went back to party chat and tried to switch back into game cheat again a few minutes later and it would into work.  We did follow steps going through Xbox menu then made sure microphone item was on in the HUD.

It seems that if you switch back and forth from party chat to game chat it stops working after the first try.  Hopefully the development team is aware of this and will look into a fix.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Hi all none of the guns are working on any server it don't mater what i do i have repaird them changed server picked up fresh guns there all not working can someone advise please 

15 minutes ago, TROOPER2022 said:

Hi all none of the guns are working on any server it don't mater what i do i have repaird them changed server picked up fresh guns there all not working can someone advise please 

Don't want to sound condescending but the game has a lot of new players not used to it's mechanics. Does the gun have a mag and have you filled the mag with bullets before attempting to shoot?