Powell x91

An Unofficial DayZ Discord Community.

I'm considering making a discord server for all to join; You will be able enter it as a lone survivor, clan, group or community of any sort and it is solely for the purpose of having active servers of players in 'GAME CHAT' who arent primarily aiming to run around & KOS but to have some sort of longer term goals or for those who wish to play as groups/clans/RP groups but would be interested in having other groups or players doing their own thing; though, they can interact and play alongside them to further better the experience. 

This isn't to eradicate KOS or even because KOS exists as people will still be able to KOS who use this this discord, it WON'T get you kicked. 

I've been thinking of this since release really, As some others have no doubt considered and some groups/clans/communities will already have one set up. You can still have your own personal way of communicating throughout your own group that is of your own preference but you WILL need 1 or 2 members minimum to be active in the discord server. 

As game chat doesnt work when in party chat at the point of joining a server then I'm hoping this can add more players to the levels that are in game chat; whether its 40 players in one server its better than what its currently at so its worth a go.

Without private servers etc obviously things are trickier to do and randoms can join ANY server we chose to play on BUT for the time being; that doesnt really matter, in the grand scheme of things. It's ideally for groups to connect and provide some platform for an extra level of immersion into the game and also will provide players opportunities to meet other players and/or join groups. 

As and when more content drops, Whether in game items, persistence, vehicles or private/custom servers this will only make it better and have more reasons to be in a discord/get into servers with other players in game chat; who arent aiming to run around like its PUBG/COD for every minute of the game BUT as I said until we can have designated servers for anyone who may want the rule NO KOS etc etc etc we will just have to do and make be with whats available. 

Won't be everyone's cup of tea and for myself, I'd just like to eventually be able to play on a server that has active groups and players on the map that I can play alongside, whether with or against, over a long period of time.

If this shouldn't of been posted, delete it or if it needs to be moved, Do so, But PLEASE don't move to recruitment as people wont necessarily check there for a post like this..Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

For what it's worth, we've kinda got an official DayZ Discord over here: https://discord.gg/kkprdc

I joined that, ty. But its not entirely what I was trying to create or ask if people would be interested in.

I was thinking more along the lines of a seperate community discord to bring all groups/players who are involved in that onto the same server. As a kind of collective of groups and players that can go into 'said' server and then thats where they would play. 

Kind of make it into a community on thst server where people know who's who to some extent with active groups, not necessarily as in RP I dont really bother with that but just a where we can consolidate onto designated servers and play. Whether certain groups end up with alliances or vice versa but people can play there and know that there are active players and groups in game chat.