Sign in to follow this  
Robzom11

Enemey footsteps quite

Has anyone encountered problems with the sound of other players footsteps, they seem terribly quite. it's to the point where people can run up next to me in the woods & i cant hear them & i have decent headphones. it would be sick if they added sounds of branches breaking as a player would run through forest area. an overhaul of other players footsteps in general would be nice, even just a minor one that increases the volume of the footsteps. Just imagine you're walking and you hear branches cracking or water splashing behind some trees. it should atleast be tuned to output different levels of volume based on what the player is doing, currently the max volume threshold of a players footsteps is really low. I think it would improve the game not only for immersion purposes but for tactical purposes aswell. i really hope this could make it for full release if even possible.

Edited by Robzom11
typo
  • Like 1

I dont like that idea though, but maybe when they add the walking or sneaking, cause its terrible in other games already.

U are 30 meters away or so and the guy in a building, sitting in a room without windows hears you clearly with no Problems. I hate such bad sound design decisions.

Yeah, i know reloading etc is loud too, but please no ty.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:49 PM, Robzom11 said:

Has anyone encountered problems with the sound of other players footsteps, they seem terribly quite. it's to the point where people can run up next to me in the woods & i cant hear them & i have decent headphones. it would be sick if they added sounds of branches breaking as a player would run through forest area. an overhaul of other players footsteps in general would be nice, even just a minor one that increases the volume of the footsteps. Just imagine you're walking and you hear branches cracking or water splashing behind some trees. it should atleast be tuned to output different levels of volume based on what the player is doing, currently the max volume threshold of a players footsteps is really low. I think it would improve the game not only for immersion purposes but for tactical purposes aswell. i really hope this could make it for full release if even possible.

I really like the idea of the branches snapping when stepping on them etc but this sound could get annoying as they would have to code it in such a way it doesnt repeat the same sound over and over again, so potentially it could sound pretty crappy if in an area where this could happen a lot...... If you get what i mean?

Edited by Los Bandito
  • Like 1

I've had this happen. People are on top of each other before they know it in this game. It seems like everything except reloading is on volume 1 while reloading and the like are over 9,000. Heard this kid loading a mag thru a building across the street. Couldn't hear my buddy moving around on the floor above me.

• Like 1

Someone managed to get up to my building unheard and I only knew they were there when I heard the door open and I died.

I didn't even hear a shot fire, this all happened in a split second.  I heard the door turned saw the player then dead.

I knew the player was outside as we had already had a fire fight

Edited by THYERS
just cos
  • Like 1

Best bet is to report this as a bug on the bug reporting site so the dev team know it's an issue in game. You can actually change the bug report to a feedback in the options when reporting. The more people who report the more likely it'll change. Plus my assumption is that the sound stage will be rebalanced at somepoint down the road.

• Like 1

I have had a bug report acknowledged here in this forum, I think they are using the forum as well as the other reporting page.  But, yes I agree the more that report it in the correct manner the more likely it will be addressed properly.

Edited by THYERS
why not
  • Like 1